Windows 10: The smart card cannot perform the requested operation

Discus and support The smart card cannot perform the requested operation in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]When you try to use a smart card to authenticate to Windows, you might receive error messages such as The smart card cannot perform the […]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 27, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

The smart card cannot perform the requested operation

WinClub, Aug 27, 2020
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Windows Security POP-Up shows" The smart card cannot perform the request operation or the operation requires a different smart card."

Hi,

To better facilitate your concern regarding Smart Card, we suggest that you post your query in our TechNet Forums. IT Professionals are just one of the active members of the site that would be able to provide inputs related to your concern. To visit the
    site, click on this
    link

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, Aug 27, 2020
  3. windows 10 requires smart card for admin

I use a smart card to check email on a corporate server, so disabling the smart card service isn't an option, nor is restore point, as the only change I had made to the system was to use the smart card to log into the email server.

After using the card to log in (with no issues) I attempted to update windows and drivers. I am being prompted to insert my smart card before the installation can continue. I did not actively add smart card to my user account for admin rights, and do not
    want to use a smart card to do so. I attempted to use the smart card to proceed with the update, only to have windows error out with "the smart card cannot perform the requested operation or the operation requires a different smart card." I only have one,
    so it's not a confusion there. How can I go back to simply clicking "yes" or "ok" to do admin tasks?

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

SteelAngel28, Aug 27, 2020
  4. The smart card cannot perform the requested operation

ERROR SHOWN AT THE TIME USE DIGITAL SIGNATURE SELECT A SMART CARD DEVICE

ERROR IS FOLLOWING TYPE SHOWN.

Select a smart card device

ePass2003

FT ePass2003Auto 0

The smart card cannot perform the requested operation or the operation requires a different smart card.

If I click ok then same error shown in red color or cancel this operation then I will not proceed further digital signature process.

Please give me solution how to solve this error.

Ganesh_702, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

The smart card cannot perform the requested operation

1. The smart card cannot perform the requested operation - Similar Threads - smart card cannot

2. The smart card cannot perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The smart card cannot perform the requested operation: After the latest windows 11 update, I am not able to read the smart card - IDEMIA ID-One PIC/CIV on V8 device ACS ACR39U ICC reader 0 - The smart card cannot perform the requested operation or the operation requires a different smart card...
  3. The smart card cannot perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The smart card cannot perform the requested operation: After the latest windows 11 update, I am not able to read the smart card - IDEMIA ID-One PIC/CIV on V8 device ACS ACR39U ICC reader 0 - The smart card cannot perform the requested operation or the operation requires a different smart card...
  4. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello, I have the same issue like addodin in this case: addodin case. I installed all drivers and I can read certificates trough vendor software, but when I want to sign in with my smart card at web browser I faced the problem with: The smart card cannot perform ..Im using...
  5. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello, I have the same issue like addodin in this case: addodin case. I installed all drivers and I can read certificates trough vendor software, but when I want to sign in with my smart card at web browser I faced the problem with: The smart card cannot perform ..Im using...
  6. Smart Card Cannot Perform The Requested Operation or the Operation Requires a Different...

Smart Card Cannot Perform The Requested Operation or the Operation Requires a Different...: Hi all,I have recently got a token key from HyperSecu ePass2003 and every time I try to use the certificate, Windows throws an error "Smart Card Cannot Perform The Requested Operation or the Operation Requires a Different Smart Card" Has anyone encountered this before and...
  7. Smart Card Cannot Perform The Requested Operation or the Operation Requires a Different...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart Card Cannot Perform The Requested Operation or the Operation Requires a Different...: Hi all,I have recently got a token key from HyperSecu ePass2003 and every time I try to use the certificate, Windows throws an error "Smart Card Cannot Perform The Requested Operation or the Operation Requires a Different Smart Card" Has anyone encountered this before and...
  8. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello all, sorry in advance for my English I'm French :I have an issue since I changed my computer last week. I use a French government website since 6 years who need a physical smart card with a certificat inside to run the website 1st step => the website read the smart card...
  9. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello all, sorry in advance for my English I'm French :I have an issue since I changed my computer last week. I use a French government website since 6 years who need a physical smart card with a certificat inside to run the website 1st step => the website read the smart card...
  10. resource protection cannot perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    resource protection cannot perform the requested operation: The problem stems from me trying to update to 1909. It kept failing at 40% and restarting. I then started getting blue screen errors. I rolled back the update to 1803 and have not been able to get further. Dskcheck and dism have been completed no problem. Thes sfc...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the smart card cannot perform the requested operation