Windows 10: The SNMP Service encountered an error while accessing the registry key...

Discus and support The SNMP Service encountered an error while accessing the registry key... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am seeing many of these Event ID 1500 on my PC System log. Please let me know if there is any solution or how to stop them. Thanks you.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GIVISOLTANI, Nov 26, 2020.

1. The SNMP Service encountered an error while accessing the registry key...

Hi,

I am seeing many of these Event ID 1500 on my PC System log. Please let me know if there is any solution or how to stop them.

Thanks you.

:)

GIVISOLTANI, Nov 26, 2020
  2. BoomerM3 Win User

Event 1500, SNMP with new Win 10, ver 2004

I just upgraded from version 1903 to 2004(build 19041.508). I am now getting the error Event 1500, SMNP every day at startup in the error log. The error message is:

The SNMP Service encountered an error while accessing the registry key SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SNMP\Parameters\TrapConfiguration.

Is there a fix for this error?

BoomerM3, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Is the "SNMP Service" unavailable in Windows 10?

Adding the SMTP service to a Windows OS seems quite straightforward in almost all cases: open the Windows Features interface, then check the "Simple Network Management Protocol" option. After rebooting, a new local service should be available called "SNMP Service".

I've followed those steps in Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, but I find that there is no "SNMP Service" to be found. There is an "SNMP Trap" service, but that's apparently not what I'm looking for. It seems the SNMP agent settings (eg. community name) can only be modified within the properties of "SNMP Service".

In my searching, I found a Powershell command purported to install the SNMP service:

However, the result is an error message (even when run as Administrator):

The words "client-based operating system" suggests the SNMP service is only available for Windows Server OSes, but that wasn't true for Windows 7/8. So I'm curious whether this has changed with Windows 10.

jsstaedtler, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Foxfan Win User

The SNMP Service encountered an error while accessing the registry key...

Sudden appearance of SNMP errors in Event Log

I have suddenly started seeing these EvntAgnt/ SNMP errors, arising at Startup, in the EL. Screenshots attached.

This is W10 Pro 1909 (18363.1082), and I very recently installed updates KB4576484 and KB4574727, on 9/9/20. The errors seem to have arisen since then.

In Services, SNMP Service is set to Auto and is running when I check after Startup, and SNMP Trap is set to Manual and not running. If I stop SNMP and restart it, the same errors are logged i.e. it's not just at startup.

Oddly, if I go to Settings>Apps>Optional Features, SNMP is offered as "Add a Feature" although it's already running as a service.

I have been through sfc and the usual diagnostic routes, and I can't think of any new software installed that would use SNMP anyway. If I look at Procexp, when running SNMP service is using port 161 or 162 (one of the other).

Any help on this welcome. Do I need SNMP servies, and if so, under what circumstances, or can I just set it to Manual in Services?
    The SNMP Service encountered an error while accessing the registry key... [​IMG]

The SNMP Service encountered an error while accessing the registry key... [​IMG]

Foxfan, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

The SNMP Service encountered an error while accessing the registry key...

1. The SNMP Service encountered an error while accessing the registry key... - Similar Threads - SNMP Service encountered

2. error encountered while a windows update:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error encountered while a windows update:: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x801901f4...
  3. error encountered while a windows update:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error encountered while a windows update:: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x801901f4...
  4. error encountered while a windows update:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. The Virtual Machine Management service encountered an error while configuring the hard disk

in Windows 10 News
    The Virtual Machine Management service encountered an error while configuring the hard disk: [ATTACH]While installing an OS on Hyper-V virtual machine, you might come across an error saying The Virtual Machine Management service encountered an error while configuring the hard disk on virtual machine [virtual-machine-name]. You might also get an error code named...
  6. Error Encountered while updating Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Encountered while updating Windows: An update is being prepared for your device, but it is not quite ready yet. How to fix this error? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-encountered-while-updating-windows/641f9cf3-fec5-4560-a67d-210c1a2a25f5
  7. Startup error: "System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the registry key...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup error: "System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the registry key...: On startup, I get a popup with the following error report: See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the...
  8. Error accessing registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error accessing registry: I have a script I run which installs all my programs and games and basically compresses about 8 hours of work into 40 minutes. It makes lots of tweaks to the registry, services, tasks and so on. But I've been plagued for some time with problems importing registry files. I...
  9. Message: Error accessing registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Message: Error accessing registry: I tried to install some older software on WIN 10 which, according to the 'net, others have done successfully. When I try to run the set-up program, I get the above-referenced message. Research suggests this is usually due to "dead" entries in the registry left over from...
  10. The Registry Editor cannot rename Key. Error while renaming key.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Registry Editor cannot rename Key. Error while renaming key.: I am trying to rename Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal registry key but I am getting below error: "The Registry Editor cannot rename Key. Error while renaming key." I have changed ownership to my User (Kamlesh) but still that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the snmp service encountered an error

2. windows 10 hdd error snmp

3. event 1500 snmp fix

4. trap configuration snmp Registry error