Windows 10: The Software Protection service has started causing my pc to restart when gaming

Discus and support The Software Protection service has started causing my pc to restart when gaming in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi team, I've got this annoying issue that I'm trying to figure out and I just can't seem to get it. Whilst gaming my pc will randomly restart and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NoPickles_854, Feb 14, 2021.

1. The Software Protection service has started causing my pc to restart when gaming

Hi team,

I've got this annoying issue that I'm trying to figure out and I just can't seem to get it. Whilst gaming my pc will randomly restart and when I check the "Event Viewer" as to the trigger it always shows that the Software Protection service is what triggers the restart. I can't figure out why it needs to do this as it only happens when gaming.

It doesn't seem to impact all games, but some. It's quite frustrating as there is nothing pirated installed on the pc and yet this service feels that it needs to restart my pc randomly.

I've tried a few work arounds and verified permissions but I just can't get rid of this issue.

Event Viewer Log:

The Software Protection service is starting.
    Parameters:TriggerStarted:6

Offline downlevel migration succeeded.

Initialization status for service objects.
    C:\Windows\system32\sppwinob.dll, msft:spp/windowsfunctionality/agent/7.0, 0x00000000, 0x00000000

C:\Windows\system32\sppobjs.dll, msft:rm/algorithm/inherited/1.0, 0x00000000, 0x00000000

C:\Windows\system32\sppobjs.dll, msft:rm/algorithm/phone/1.0, 0x00000000, 0x00000000

C:\Windows\system32\sppobjs.dll, msft:rm/algorithm/pkey/detect, 0x00000000, 0x00000000

C:\Windows\system32\sppobjs.dll, msft:spp/ActionScheduler/1.0, 0x00000000, 0x00000000

C:\Windows\system32\sppobjs.dll, msft:spp/TaskScheduler/1.0, 0x00000000, 0x00000000

C:\Windows\system32\sppobjs.dll, msft:spp/statecollector/pkey, 0x00000000, 0x00000000

C:\Windows\system32\sppobjs.dll, msft:spp/volume/services/kms/1.0, 0x00000000, 0x00000000

C:\Windows\system32\sppobjs.dll, msft:spp/volume/services/kms/activationinfo/1.0, 0x00000000, 0x00000000

The Software Protection service has completed licensing status check.

Application Id=55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f

Any help would be appreciated. Regards Andrew

:)

NoPickles_854, Feb 14, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Wireless Zero Configuration service doesn't start automatically

I've had this happen from time to time. For me it has always been caused by the OEM's wifi manager software they install on the laptop. It doesn't even have to be separate software, a lot of them bundle it with the driver for the wifi card, so you don't have a choice on installing it.

In cases where I can't track down the cause I just create a bat file to start the service and drop it in Startup, then set the service to always restart if it stops. I also put a shortcut to the bat on the desktop just in case I have to start it manual, I can just double click it from there and the service starts without the hassle of going through all those steps to get into the menu to start the service.

Just create a bat file and put this line in it:

Code: net start "Wireless Zero Configuration"[/quote]

newtekie1, Feb 14, 2021
  3. How to disable software protection service

As discussed in the topic. because i was play online game but suddenly my computer have restart automatic and take so many time to reboot i'm wait until there finished to start and see 1 log i think this is a problem

"Successfully scheduled Software Protection service for re-start at 2019-05-27T16:50:18Z. Reason:RulesEngine."

what is that ? scheduled ? so that is why i want to disable this problem

how to disable software protection service ?

Harin Thananam, Feb 14, 2021
  4. jonjo Win User

The Software Protection service has started causing my pc to restart when gaming

Software Protection Service Wont Start

The software protection service (sppsvc) will not start.
    When I try to run this command: "net start sppsvc" in an administrator command prompt I get this error:
    "The Software Protection service could not be started. A system error has occurred. System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied."

I have tried taking ownership of sppsvc.exe in System32 and setting this registry entry's permissions to full access "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform".
    Windows version 1909

jonjo, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

The Software Protection service has started causing my pc to restart when gaming

1. The Software Protection service has started causing my pc to restart when gaming - Similar Threads - Software Protection service

2. Can't Start up Software Protection Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Start up Software Protection Service: Just migrated windows and other files from one a SSD to a M.2, and now my activate windows watermark is back and the software protection service is not running and I am unable to get it running. I get an error code 5: Access Denied when I try to run in manually in Services. I...
  3. Cannot start Software Protection Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot start Software Protection Service: have taken ownership of sppsvc, have changed ownership on regedit, process still won't start, telling me access is denied, I have also reset windows, and still the process will not start, it is not allowing me to update because of this...
  4. Cannot start Software Protection Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot start Software Protection Service: have taken ownership of sppsvc, have changed ownership on regedit, process still won't start, telling me access is denied, I have also reset windows, and still the process will not start, it is not allowing me to update because of this...
  5. Cannot start Software Protection Service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Pc restarts when starting games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc restarts when starting games: Hi, ive recently built a pc, and i have been having some problems, when i start a specific game my pc just restarts. the only games i know this happens to are apex legends and crossout. although i have downloaded alot of games which i havent tried yet so there could be more....
  7. Software Protection Service doesn't start when needed.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Software Protection Service doesn't start when needed.: Hi Everyone, Everytime I try to start my Outlook, excel etc. it will give me a message: We're sorry, but Excel has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Excel will need to be closed as a result. Would you like us to repair now? I have to open...
  8. Software protection service has started to try to uninstall drivers for my webcam

in Windows 10 Customization
    Software protection service has started to try to uninstall drivers for my webcam: While the webcam itself is old Live! Cam Vista IM VF0260 and it's drivers are for Windows Vista, it worked just fine and got me through the pandemic times we still live through. Starting about a week ago, software protection service has started to attempt to uninstall the...
  9. Software Protection Service Wont Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Software Protection Service Wont Start: The software protection service (sppsvc) will not start. When I try to run this command: "net start sppsvc" in an administrator command prompt I get this error: "The Software Protection service could not be started. A system error has occurred. System error 5 has occurred....
  10. Software Protection Service causing stutter

in Windows 10 Support
    Software Protection Service causing stutter: Once or twice a day I get a half second of stutter where my video and audio will stutter for half a second. The only thing I've found in the Windows Logs seems to be the Software Protection Service starts when the stutter happens. Any ideas? I've done a full format with no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the software protection service has started

2. software protection service restarting computer