Windows 10: The Sorcerers' Apprentice

Discus and support The Sorcerers' Apprentice in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro - Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.662) Dear all, I've made my external drive disappear! I mean it's still there obviously, but I can't see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pignatious, Dec 3, 2020.

1. The Sorcerers' Apprentice

Win 10 Pro - Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.662)

Dear all,

I've made my external drive disappear! I mean it's still there obviously, but I can't see it!

I was b.......g around trying to sort out my mess of a filing system, and accidentally 'changed' an external hard drive into just a drive letter, which appeared as an 'E' in Windows Explorer.

I did some more faffing about, and made 'E' vanished entirely!

Turning to Diskmgmt I could still 'see' the drive, but I am being invited to initialise it before it can be seen as a logical drive, and I am being asked to choose between the two different partition styles, MBR & GPT.

I am now paralysed with fear in case I lose the entire contents (3TB) of this drive. I'm not brave enough to tell 'she who must be obeyed'. Only joking.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Paul

:)

Pignatious, Dec 3, 2020

2. Deleted apps return -- I feel like The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Yesterday, I updated the firmware on my E71, on the probably mistaken assumption that Nokia improved some things. One thing I found after the dust settled was that I now have several apps installed that I don't want, e.g., Chat, Tetris, and some sort of
    Tiger Woods (ugh) game. So I used the app manager to delete them. Trouble is, every time I reboot the phone (I turn it off at night, back on in the morning), these things return, just like the broom fetching the water in The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

I could go on a rant about how screwed up things are in Nokia-land (the whole Ovi thing is an amateur show -- I've posted specifics elsewhere, such as my adventures trying to use the excuse for a contacts service) and that this is just one more (admittedly
    small, in this case) nail in the coffin, being hammered by companies like Apple and Google. But I'll spare you that. I'd simply appreciate some advice as to how to make these persistent apps disappear permanently. Thanks.

donallen---01, Dec 3, 2020
  3. problem connecting apprentice

ok, i bought a router not so long ago to have internet in my bedroom and now im trying to play apprentice with a friend.

apprentice is a software to play magic the gathering. the point is that i cant connect to his game and he neither.

also the Ip adress i get from the software and from whatismyipaddress.com/ is different.

WTF IS GOING ON HERE

BTW, the router is workingly fine and the firewalls on both pcs are disabled.

LittleLizard, Dec 3, 2020
  4. The Sorcerers' Apprentice

problem connecting apprentice

im not sure how apprentice works, nor what you trying to connect it too.

more info plz. are you trying to connect it to an online server, directly to your freinds pc or another PC in your house?

CAPITAL LETTERS, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

The Sorcerers' Apprentice

1. The Sorcerers' Apprentice - Similar Threads - Sorcerers' Apprentice

2. Villager upgraded to apprentice and lost my enchanted book trade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Villager upgraded to apprentice and lost my enchanted book trade: So I got a librarian villager to get Efficiency V, and then I traded him paper with his other trade so I could get emeralds, he ended up upgrading and got more trades, but no longer offers the book. Is there any way to get it back?...
  3. Villager upgraded to apprentice and lost my enchanted book trade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Villager upgraded to apprentice and lost my enchanted book trade: So I got a librarian villager to get Efficiency V, and then I traded him paper with his other trade so I could get emeralds, he ended up upgrading and got more trades, but no longer offers the book. Is there any way to get it back?...
  4. The Sorcerers' Apprentice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Sorcerers' Apprentice: Win 10 Pro - Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.662) Dear all, I've made my external drive disappear! I mean it's still there obviously, but I can't see it! I was b.......g around trying to sort out my mess of a filing system, and accidentally 'changed' an external hard drive...
  5. Apprentice here - need help troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apprentice here - need help troubleshooting: Hi everyone, I’m really sorry if this isn’t the best place to come for this kind of query. I’m doing an IT support apprenticeship that requires an area that’s not regular in my role. I’m not massively IT support at the workplace, nor do I support users with their machines....
  6. Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone wont lounch windows 10 64 BIT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone wont lounch windows 10 64 BIT: I have installed Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone and when i try to launch it it does completly nothing. I tried compatibility for almost every version of windows. sometimes i got one flicker on my screen but nothing else. no errors nothing at all. i tried it on our...