Windows 10: The sound icon in the taskbar shows the active audio device connected but displays the...

Discus and support The sound icon in the taskbar shows the active audio device connected but displays the... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When you hover the mouse over the sound icon in the taskbar it shows the active audio device connected but displays the Bluetooth device battery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Adam Houlden, Feb 21, 2024.

1. The sound icon in the taskbar shows the active audio device connected but displays the...

When you hover the mouse over the sound icon in the taskbar it shows the active audio device connected but displays the Bluetooth device battery percentage wrongly whereas the correct battery level is shown in the Bluetooth Settings menu. Is there a solution to this?Screenshot failed to upload

:)

Adam Houlden, Feb 21, 2024

2. The sound icon in the taskbar shows the active audio device connected but displays the Bluetooth device battery percentage wrongly. Is there a solution to this?

When you hover the mouse over the sound icon in the taskbar it shows the active audio device connected but displays the Bluetooth device battery percentage wrongly whereas the correct battery level is shown in the Bluetooth Settings menu. Is there a solution to this?

Screenshot failed to upload

Adam Houlden, Feb 22, 2024
  3. Unable to access the sound from other audio device after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the playback device after upgrading to Windows 10.

This issue might have occurred due to change in audio settings/ corrupted or outdated drivers, we will help you with this issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to connect the audio device to your computer and change the below settings.

Follow the steps:

• Right click on the sound icon at the bottom right corner of the taskbar.
    • Click on Playback devices.
    • Check if you are able to find the audio device you connected in, in the list of connected playback devices.
    • If yes, click on the icon and then click on Set default option.
    • Click on Apply and then on OK.

Step 2: Isuggest you to update the audio drivers.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart and Windows will re-install the
      IDT High Definition Audio driver
    • If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

For further reference:Fix sound problems

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 22, 2024
  4. The sound icon in the taskbar shows the active audio device connected but displays the...

realtek speaker icon in the taskbar

Hi. hotshot-gunner

I'm Charles, an Independent Advisor trying to help.

This mode is simple and practical, just follow these steps to make it appear:

• Click on the Start menu, open the Control Panel and double-click on Sound and Audio Devices.

• In the window that opens, check the box Place a volume icon in the taskbar and click OK.

The sound icon will already appear in the taskbar. Another suggested method to activate the volume icon in the taskbar follows these steps:

1. Right, click on a blank space in the taskbar and from the pop-up menu select the Properties option.

2. In the Taskbar tab, in the Notification Area section, click on the Customize button.

3. In the new window, click on the link Activate or deactivate system icons that you find in the lower part of the window.

4. There, click on the menu adjacent to the Volume icon and make sure it is marked On. Click OK and then OK. Verify that the volume icon appears normally in the taskbar.

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Feb 22, 2024
Thema:

The sound icon in the taskbar shows the active audio device connected but displays the...

1. The sound icon in the taskbar shows the active audio device connected but displays the... - Similar Threads - sound icon taskbar

2. The sound icon in the taskbar shows the active audio device connected but displays the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The sound icon in the taskbar shows the active audio device connected but displays the...: When you hover the mouse over the sound icon in the taskbar it shows the active audio device connected but displays the Bluetooth device battery percentage wrongly whereas the correct battery level is shown in the Bluetooth Settings menu. Is there a solution to...
  3. show language icon on taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    show language icon on taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays: Hi I have windows 10 and using two display screens.Although in the setting, I have on the taskbar "show all displays", still for some reason, the language icon of the taskbar, is shown only on one screen and not on the second screen. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance....
  4. show language icon on taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    show language icon on taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays: Hi I have windows 10 and using two display screens.Although in the setting, I have on the taskbar "show all displays", still for some reason, the language icon of the taskbar, is shown only on one screen and not on the second screen. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance....
  5. show language icon on taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. icons not showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    icons not showing on taskbar: windows 10 pro on laptophaving the issue that programs pinned to the taskbar do not show the iconif a program is not pinned and open : icon is okI have multiple programs pinned to taskbar, but only firefox is having the issuei followed all recommendations : restart explorer -...
  7. Windows GUI Icon Shows "No Audio Devices Installed" but Device Manager shows devices...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows GUI Icon Shows "No Audio Devices Installed" but Device Manager shows devices...: I have a Windows 10 Enterprise Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.1288 System that is up to date as 02:48 am this morning 10/14/2021.No Sound will Play from the System.By the Clock on the Taskbar there is a Speaker ICON with a Red "x". Right clicking reveals Speaker Setup UNKNOWN...
  8. taskbar network connectivity icon not showing connected but internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    taskbar network connectivity icon not showing connected but internet: I am having this problem the network icon shows me not connected as in screenshot below. [img] My OS information Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language I am though connected to wifi and able to browse internet perfectly. I do not...
  9. Icons not displaying on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons not displaying on the taskbar?: Hi everyone, I've searched everywhere online and cannot find a solution to this anywhere. Basically, it seems like windows has randomly chosen half of my programs to not display an Icon for on the taskbar. It doesn't cause any issues functionality-wise, anytime I click on...
  10. No sound/ audio device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound/ audio device: I accidentally shut my laptop while it was updating now I have no sound at all. I have tried multiple fixes, and some of them I can’t even try because there is “no audio device installed”. I need help very badly and am not sure what to do anymore. Thank you! Windows 10...