Windows 10: The sound icon missing from bottom right of screen

Discus and support The sound icon missing from bottom right of screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As you can see from the title the sound icon is missing from the bottom right of the screen, this is a big problem because I need to go to my sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mikeburdge, Sep 14, 2016.

1. The sound icon missing from bottom right of screen

As you can see from the title the sound icon is missing from the bottom right of the screen, this is a big problem because I need to go to my sound mixer quite often to turn different applications down. I have looked at this online but the fixes that worked for them didn't work for me I think I know what the problem is I just don't know how to fix it.

the image here is the system icons but the volume is darkened out so i cant turn it on. does anyone know of a way?
    The sound icon missing from bottom right of screen [​IMG]

Screenshot - c57dccaa64b19aa87c82e0ec70d5ea73 - Gyazo

Thank You in advance.

:)

Mikeburdge, Sep 14, 2016

2. cant adjust sound using sound icon bottom right of screen. this happened right after updating to windows 10

Hi Char,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver.

Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I recommend you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated sound adapter driver for Windows 10 and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 try installing the driver in compatibility
    mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 14, 2016
  3. cant adjust sound using sound icon bottom right of screen. this happened right after updating to windows 10

after updating to windows 10 I do have a sound icon on lower right of my screen but I cannot adjust the volume using it. when I click on it I get nothing, when I right click on it I get nothing. rather irritating as I did not want windows 10 in the first
    place

char holcroft, Sep 14, 2016
  4. pepanee Win User

The sound icon missing from bottom right of screen

Search for, and open: Device Manager

Press the arrow on the left of: Sound, video and game controllers.
    (Do you know which one your sound device is?)
    Right click and update it

pepanee, Sep 14, 2016
  5. Mikeburdge, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

The sound icon missing from bottom right of screen

1. The sound icon missing from bottom right of screen - Similar Threads - sound icon missing

2. Bottom right sound icon wont work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bottom right sound icon wont work: When I left click sound speaker icon in bottom right, you sound bar dial wont show up and I can't change volume that way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bottom-right-sound-icon-wont-work/2f438016-20fd-44e6-9f68-2175b1d86006
  3. Bottom right sound icon wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bottom right sound icon wont work: When I left click sound speaker icon in bottom right, you sound bar dial wont show up and I can't change volume that way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bottom-right-sound-icon-wont-work/2f438016-20fd-44e6-9f68-2175b1d86006
  4. Bottom right sound icon wont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. bottom right icons not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bottom right icons not working: All those icons in the bottom right of the taskbar do not work, no response despite left clicks on those icons. These include the volume, network, clock and notifications icons. The Action Center cannot be called out as well. However, those hidden icons under the "Up Arrow"...
  6. bottom right icons not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bottom right icons not working: All those icons in the bottom right of the taskbar do not work, no response despite left clicks on those icons. These include the volume, network, clock and notifications icons. The Action Center cannot be called out as well. However, those hidden icons under the "Up Arrow"...
  7. bottom right icons not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Icon on right bottom corner on my screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Icon on right bottom corner on my screen: [ATTACH] I have started noticing this icon on right hand corner of many windows what is it? is it a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-on-right-bottom-corner-on-my-screen/5caf9ccd-ea8a-49c6-9eb3-4d6fc8b4691f
  9. Sounds missing from Sound icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sounds missing from Sound icon on taskbar: The sounds icon is missing when Sound is clicked on taskbar resulting in no sound except through headset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sounds-missing-from-sound-icon-on-taskbar/3d80c743-7867-41d7-966a-38af294d7977
  10. Sounds missing from Sound icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sounds missing from Sound icon on taskbar: The sounds icon is missing when Sound is clicked on taskbar resulting in no sound except through headset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sounds-missing-from-sound-icon-on-taskbar/e5350383-2a75-469a-a182-be982adf62ee