Windows 10: The sound on my Laptop with Windows 10 is barely "hearable"

Discus and support The sound on my Laptop with Windows 10 is barely "hearable" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tried several forums on how to improve the sound but they ask what is my OS level first. Well, to get your OS level takes an act of Congress and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jagman55, Jul 9, 2019.

1. jagman55 Win User

The sound on my Laptop with Windows 10 is barely "hearable"

I tried several forums on how to improve the sound but they ask what is my OS level first.

Well, to get your OS level takes an act of Congress and Congress is not in session. I had found it before but since Microsoft changes its location weekly? I can no longer find it. MOST sites say "go to SETTINGS". MY OS does not have a SETTING any longer on the menu but a "PC SETTINGS" and the TRAIL of PC SETTINGS is NOT the same as SETTINGS.

That info on the net is out of date and my current level of my OS is hidden from the OLD instructions I used the last time to find it.

I ask here but since you and I may not have the same "WIN 10 OS" how would you know to tell me its CURRENT locations since evidently you move it all the times, therefore all instruction of it location would not be the same.

So what do I tell you my OS for you to give me the CURRENT location of my OS since I do NOT have a SETTINGS but PC SETTINGS and they are not the same.

WHEW..... Fixing my Win 10 is following a "bouncing ball"..

:)

jagman55, Jul 9, 2019
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 9, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue The sound on my Laptop with Windows 10 is barely "hearable" :p

cadaveca, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

1. The sound on my Laptop with Windows 10 is barely "hearable" - Similar Threads - sound Laptop barely

2. Laptop Barely Responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Barely Responding: My laptop is acting odd. It suddenly started taking forever to start and once it does start and I log in, I can only open my browser, task manager Only through ctr alt del, and cmd Only through task manager. the wallpaper screen and taskbar occasionally flashes black, as if...
  3. Laptop Barely Responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Barely Responding: My laptop is acting odd. It suddenly started taking forever to start and once it does start and I log in, I can only open my browser, task manager Only through ctr alt del, and cmd Only through task manager. the wallpaper screen and taskbar occasionally flashes black, as if...
  4. Laptop Barely Responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. new windows 10, no sound on my laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    new windows 10, no sound on my laptop: wireless headphones ok, but laptop speakers not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-windows-10-no-sound-on-my-laptop/411235e8-67f8-484a-ad4b-50bf5e350dd4
  6. After updating, my laptop is barely alive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After updating, my laptop is barely alive: TL:/DR After updating, my laptop is barely alive So two nights ago I was uninstalling unused games and programs and backing up files because I saw there was an update that was to be installed upon the next restart. In the middle of backing up my files my laptop blue screen...
  7. Microphone barely picking up any sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone barely picking up any sound: I have a Lenovo Ideapad L340 and use the built in microphone which is a RealTek , never had an issue with it. Talked with people using my laptop this morning, all good. Went out for lunch, came back and now it barely picks up any sound, nothing changed as far as I know,...
  8. Have no sound on my Windows 10 Laptop

Have no sound on my Windows 10 Laptop: I have no sound on my windows 10 laptop. I have tried with Microsoft support 4 times with still no sound. I will list the things I have already tried Update Driver Uninstall and Reinstall Driver Disabled and Enabled Current Driver and New Driver Restarted (a lot of time)...
  9. Sound on my HP laptop / windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound on my HP laptop / windows 10: Sound level at 100% to hear most things. Can I increase the sound level???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/sound-on-my-hp-laptop-windows-10/e72743e2-f6a3-4ee3-ad34-eea3de6bf653
  10. Windows 10 pro, sound (internal speakers) barely audible, external speakers no sound at all.

Windows 10 pro, sound (internal speakers) barely audible, external speakers no sound at all.: After the Windows April 2018 update my sound was reduced as above. I bought new external speakers and same, no sound at all. What could this be?...