Windows 10: The source files could not be found. [Error: 0x800f081f] + Additional BSODs whilst updating...

Discus and support The source files could not be found. [Error: 0x800f081f] + Additional BSODs whilst updating... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I've been getting a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by joshlul, Nov 29, 2021.

1. joshlul Win User

The source files could not be found. [Error: 0x800f081f] + Additional BSODs whilst updating...

Recently I've been getting a lot of BSODs:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONKERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASEAPC_INDEX_MISMATCHATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORYPAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA whilst playing games and rendering videos. I then tried deleting and reinstalling the newest versions of my CPU and GPU Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1660 Super drivers, as well as doing the following commandsThe source files could not be found. [Error: 0x800f081f] + Additional BSODs whilst updating... :Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealthDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth always says that the source files could not be fo

:)

joshlul, Nov 29, 2021
  2. davidhk Win User

Error 0x800f081f in Win 10

In case you have any doubt, here is the article issued by Microsoft..................

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gwt/10164

direct copy from the article...................... ( this method is applicable to Windows 10 )

Solution for error 0x800f081f for Windows 8.1 or Windows 8

If you receive Windows Update error 0x800f081f, it means that Windows Update cannot determine the cryptographic service provider, or a file that Windows Update requires (named catalog store) is corrupted.
    To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
    Step 1: Use System File Checker to repair damaged Windows files
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair damaged Windows files, and then run Windows Update again. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open an elevated command prompt.
    • Run the following command:
      sfc /scannow
    • Try to install update again.
    For more information about the System File Checker tool, view Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files.
    Step 2: Run the DISM tool
    If the problem continues, use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool to fix Windows corruption errors. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open an elevated command prompt.
    • Run the following command: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth.
    Important When you use the /online option, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions. However, if Windows Update service is broken, don’t use the /online option. Instead, use a running Windows installation as the repair source, or use a Windows side-by-side folder from a network share or from a removable media, such as the Windows DVD, as the source of the files. To do this, run the following command instead:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess
    Note Replace the C:\RepairSource\Windows placeholder with the location of your repair source. For more information about using the DISM tool to repair Windows, reference Repair a Windows Image.
    To learn more about this tool, go to Fix Windows corruption errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool.

davidhk, Nov 29, 2021
  3. tonymc85 Win User
    Error 0x800F081F

Hi,

I have followed the instructions below until i get to set 2. and it is just jargon to me... what does mount the iso image that's created in step 1?

Is there a simple youtube video i can just follow?

Error code 0x800F0906, 0x800F081F, or 0x800F0907

To fix the error codes for Windows 10, follow these steps:

1. Download the Windows Media Creation tool, and create an ISO image locally, or create an image for the version of Windows that you have installed.
    2. Configure the Group Policy as in Method 2, but also follow these steps:
      1. Mount the ISO image that's created in step 1.
      2. Point the "Alternate source file path" to the ISO sources\sxs folder from the ISO.
      3. Run the gpupdate /force command.
      4. Add the .Net framework feature.

Moved from: Windows Insider Preview / Install, upgrade, and activate / PC

tonymc85, Nov 29, 2021
  4. The source files could not be found. [Error: 0x800f081f] + Additional BSODs whilst updating...

Error 0x800F081F

thodsaphonjan-A-Lan, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

The source files could not be found. [Error: 0x800f081f] + Additional BSODs whilst updating...

1. The source files could not be found. [Error: 0x800f081f] + Additional BSODs whilst updating... - Similar Threads - source files found

2. DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found".: I am unable to complete the repair using DISM command tool.My Lap runs Windows 10 version 22H2, build 19045.2364. It has recently started having some problem with windows update showing errors0x80071160 and 0x800706ba.RanDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Deployment...
  3. DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found".

in Windows 10 Customization
    DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found".: I am unable to complete the repair using DISM command tool.My Lap runs Windows 10 version 22H2, build 19045.2364. It has recently started having some problem with windows update showing errors0x80071160 and 0x800706ba.RanDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Deployment...
  4. The source files could not be found. [Error: 0x800f081f] + Additional BSODs whilst updating...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The source files could not be found. [Error: 0x800f081f] + Additional BSODs whilst updating...: Recently I've been getting a lot of BSODs:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONKERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASEAPC_INDEX_MISMATCHATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORYPAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA whilst playing games and rendering videos. I then tried deleting and reinstalling the...
  5. The source files could not be found. [Error: 0x800f081f] + Additional BSODs whilst updating...

The source files could not be found. [Error: 0x800f081f] + Additional BSODs whilst updating...: Recently I've been getting a lot of BSODs:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONKERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASEAPC_INDEX_MISMATCHATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORYPAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA whilst playing games and rendering videos. I then tried deleting and reinstalling the...
  6. The source files could not be found. [Error: 0x800f081f] + Additional BSODs whilst updating...

7. The source files could not be found. [Error: 0x800f081f] + Additional BSODs whilst updating...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. The source files could not be found. [Error: 0x800f081f] + Additional BSODs whilst updating...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found": I have the same exact issue documented in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance-winpc/resolved-dism-error-0x800f081f-the-source-files/1a58faa1-6e7a-4eac-8327-5e6888e0d57b I am running windows 10 C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism...
  10. Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found

in Windows 10 Support
    Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found: Hi, Getting "sfc /scannow" and "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" issues. It seems that I'm not able to fix some corruption. The main reason I stared with SFC command was that my icons on my task bar, disappeared. SFC found issues but was unable to resolve...