Windows 10: The speaker and microphone stopped working after the October 10, 2018 Windows 10...

Discus and support The speaker and microphone stopped working after the October 10, 2018 Windows 10... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The speaker and microphone stopped working after the October 10, 2018 Windows 10 update....how can I fix it OR better yet, when and how will Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cindylupatricia, Oct 11, 2018.

1. The speaker and microphone stopped working after the October 10, 2018 Windows 10...

The speaker and microphone stopped working after the October 10, 2018 Windows 10 update....how can I fix it OR better yet, when and how will Microsoft fix it????????? It's telling me the device (speaker, microphone) is not plugged in....really???? HELP!!!!

:)

cindylupatricia, Oct 11, 2018

2. Lumia 930 microphone doesn't work on speaker

Hi, I have same issue on Lumia 930, have tried the various steps proposed by Microsoft, have also tried updating software to Windows 10 but to no avail. While a number of posts on this topic suggest it is likely to be a hardware bug, my symptoms seem to
    indicate software:

• while using the phone normally (not on speaker) the microphones work perfectly. IE microphones 1 and 2 at the bottom of the phone appear to be working 100%
    • while using the phone on speaker, microphones 1 and 2 (see http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-930/328279-2.htm for good photos of microphone locations) seem to be completely off
    • while using phone on speaker, microphones 3 and 4 at the top of the phone seem to work reasonably as long as I'm close to the phone. Not as well as they should on a speakerphone though.
    • microphone on headset works fine
    This does look to be a very widespread issue ... any updates from Microsoft?

thanks

RowaninMelb, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Tjs77 Win User
    microphone stopped being recognised by Windows 10 - worked perfectly for two years

My microphone stopped working. Windows 10 just doesn't recognise it if I plug it in or disconnect it. It was working perfectly a few hours ago and nothing has changed. Any suggestions? If I right click on the speaker icon, go to Recording Devices its not
    listed. And if I disconnect it by USB and reconnect it, it doesn't show any activity in the window relating to it. Any suggestions?

Tjs77, Oct 11, 2018
  4. makesense Win User

The speaker and microphone stopped working after the October 10, 2018 Windows 10...

Windows 10 No microphone will work

Sorry about the long response time. Work sucks sometime.

I tried both a headset microphone and the usb microphone on another Windows 10 computer. It did not pick up any microphone signal and was showing the same emulated sound output as I noted before.

That is what is really bothering me. Both computers detect the microphones, yet output is being directed to them as well as any plugged in speaker/headphone.

makesense, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

The speaker and microphone stopped working after the October 10, 2018 Windows 10...

1. The speaker and microphone stopped working after the October 10, 2018 Windows 10... - Similar Threads - speaker microphone stopped

2. Speakers and microphone stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers and microphone stopped working.: Speakers and microphone were working under Windows 11 just fine for a couple of weeks. Today they do not. Looking at the software update history automatic updates I see that today, the same day audio quit, Intel Extensions 7.5.0.0 was installed. I cannot find any information...
  3. Speakers and microphone stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers and microphone stopped working.: Speakers and microphone were working under Windows 11 just fine for a couple of weeks. Today they do not. Looking at the software update history automatic updates I see that today, the same day audio quit, Intel Extensions 7.5.0.0 was installed. I cannot find any information...
  4. windows 10 october 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 october 2018 update: to the mother **** of Windows. I have two computer down because your stupid update and no solution out available when google it or coming to negligent support **** page. since november I am without computers thanks to the mother **** and the Smart idiots of Microsoft. you...
  5. Windows 10 October 2018

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 October 2018: Hi I downloaded Windows 10 October 2018 instead of windows insider preview but I do not find apps on( app my office) like Outlook Word and Excel etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-2018/b954b0e5-ef47-49ac-8f8f-a5de507fc689
  6. windows 10 october 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 october 2018: Hello i want to know if the windows 10 1809 update is fixed and safe and wont delete any of my files please let me know if it is safe or not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-2018/239c55ce-f9ad-41b1-8d41-a46435bd43bf
  7. Windows 10 October 2018 update.

Windows 10 October 2018 update.: I am eagerly waiting for the new windows update, I checked windows update and also clicked on "check for updates" button, but there were no new updates, a news had came that Microsoft released that update on 9th October, but its already 19, Is my device ineligible? How do I...
  8. Window 10 quit working the beginning of October 2018.

Window 10 quit working the beginning of October 2018.: My HP Envy quit working sometime the beginning of October 2018. One morning when I tried to turn it on it went into repair mode saying it couldn't start. No amount of effort to recover it would work. One time it did say a Critical Service Failed. It was a constant loop on...
  9. windows 10 october update 2018

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 october update 2018: hi joydeep sir what bug fixes included in this update for windows 10 october 1809 and aslo what features included. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-october-update-2018/9b39add1-fba9-40d1-8693-31aaf4cc4c1b
  10. After Windows 10 October 2018 Update, Surface Book audio stopped working

After Windows 10 October 2018 Update, Surface Book audio stopped working: I think It has something to do Intel's audio chip. My Surface Book no longer has any sound through the speakers, only headphones. Any suggestion on what I can do to fix the issue? Thanks, John...