Windows 10: The speaker,headset or headphone is unplugged. Help

Discus and support The speaker,headset or headphone is unplugged. Help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So last night I was about to shut my computer down when I saw it needed to update. I let it update and it took about 30 minutes to an hour. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by therealkid121, Oct 11, 2018.

1. The speaker,headset or headphone is unplugged. Help

So last night I was about to shut my computer down when I saw it needed to update. I let it update and it took about 30 minutes to an hour. This morning I woke up hoping to use my computer but when I started it up I noticed that there was a red x icon next to the volume button. So I clicked on it and it took me to the troubleshooter and told me that "The speaker, headset, or headphone is unplugged." I am now unable to hear volume from my Laptop even when I plug in headphones. It shows 3 AMD High Definition Audio Devices and lists them all as not plugged in but it was just working last night. I have tried many fixes from online forums like reinstalling the audio device and restarting my computer but Im always left with the same result, no audio. Does anyone have any other suggestions on fixes I should try or should I just take it to the repair shop?

:)

therealkid121, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Phantym03 Win User
    speakers + headphones plugged in - only headphones will play

I recently purchased a new Dell Inspirion gaming desktop. It has a combo jack on the front and the regular 7.1 channel audio jacks on the back. I have speakers plugged in the back and a headset/microphone plugged into the front...….as soon as I plug the
    headset into the front, then sound will only come from headphones.

when I click on the speaker icon in taskbar, it only shows "Speakers / Headphones (Realtek Audio)." I have gone through all the options I can find and I see zero other available devices. As soon as I unplug the headset then the speakers immediately start
    working.

Is there not a way to switch between hearing the speakers and hearing the headphones without unplugging the headset?

Phantym03, Oct 11, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

The speaker,headset or headphone is unplugged. Help

No sound from speakers/headphones

Disconnect the front panel headphone/mic jacks from the motherboard and then see if the rear panel GREEN speaker jack works (either with speakers or headset). This is in case the front panel jack is causing no audio out. Power off the PC before opening and disconnecting the front panel audio.

The connector for the front panel audio is listed as #21 on the motherboard drawing (below).

The speaker,headset or headphone is unplugged. Help [​IMG]

fireberd, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

The speaker,headset or headphone is unplugged. Help

1. The speaker,headset or headphone is unplugged. Help - Similar Threads - speaker headset headphone

2. Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones: I cant find my speakers on the output devices, although when i plug out my headphones, they are automatically connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-between-speakers-and-headphones/e25db9b7-8303-42db-af28-0b2907bbafcc
  3. Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones: I cant find my speakers on the output devices, although when i plug out my headphones, they are automatically connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-between-speakers-and-headphones/e25db9b7-8303-42db-af28-0b2907bbafcc
  4. Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged.: Hi , I have a problem with my laptop and i hope someone could help :Here i have a ASUS TUF FX505G Model.29May 2021Sound problem started to appear on my laptop. But i manage to fix it by update driver. And I notice there are 4 Drivers under "sound , video and game controller"...
  6. Automatically muting speakers when headphones are unplugged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically muting speakers when headphones are unplugged: Do Windows 10 computers have this feature? Or is there an app I can install? Thank you. submitted by /u/TeepoReiRyu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m3j64l/automatically_muting_speakers_when_headphones_are/
  7. Listen to laptop speakers without unplugging headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Listen to laptop speakers without unplugging headphones: Hello, does anybody know how to keep listening to laptop speakers even with headphones plugged in. The problem is my headphones akg k550 mk3 can not be recognized by windows as a separate audio device and there is no driver support for them. I tried some software solution...
  8. Sound Error: The speaker, headset, or headphones is unplugged

Sound Error: The speaker, headset, or headphones is unplugged: My speaker and webcam worked perfectly on Monday until I installed a Windows update at 8:00 PM. After, I lost my audio which included the microphone for my webcam. So both Input and Output is "kaput!" Over the past three days, I have tried the following: Adjusted log-in...
  9. The speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged

The speaker, headset or headphone is unplugged: Since upgrading to Windows 10 some time back, I have been unable to use speakers or headphones. Audio devices simply aren't working from either the front or rear jacks. I have tried the troubleshooter which doesn't recognise any devices as being plugged in. All dirvers...
  10. the speakers are unplugged

the speakers are unplugged: Hello every one ... I have a problem in my desktop computer The speakers/headphone doesn't appeared It always says : the speakers are unplugged But when i boot in another system ( Linux mint ) it works properly without problems ! That's meaning the problem isn't in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the speaker headset or headphone is unplugged

2. the microphone or headset is unplugged

3. speaker headset or headphone is unplugged

4. microphone or headset is unplugged,
  5. headphone is unplugged,
  6. headset is unplugged,
  7. the speaker is unplugged,
  8. speaker or headset is unplugged,
  9. speaker headset unplugged,
  10. speaker unplugged,
  11. Speaker or Headphone Adapter,