Windows 10: the specified account already exists

Discus and support the specified account already exists in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Receiving the subjected error while installing any new application... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by William014, Aug 20, 2020.

1. the specified account already exists

Receiving the subjected error while installing any new application

:)

William014, Aug 20, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown the specified account already exists :(

Zakin, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 20, 2020
  4. the specified account already exists

Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can log into your computer using the Local Account.

• On the Search Bar type “User Account”.
      • On the right menu pane locate and click “Make changes to my account in this PC”.
      • Then locate and click on “Sign in With a Local Account instead”.
      • And follow on screen instructions.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

the specified account already exists

1. the specified account already exists - Similar Threads - specified account already

2. "The specified account already exists" issues, cant install/uninstall program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The specified account already exists" issues, cant install/uninstall program: I've once installed Epic Games on my PC Windows 11, Acer Nitro 515-52, then i uninstalled it and now i am trying to install it again.The problem is that every time i try to install Epic Games i get the "The specified account already exists" error, i have tried to fix it in a...
  3. Getting "The specified account already exists" error message.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting "The specified account already exists" error message.: What causes this error and how do I install a third party program if I keep getting this error? Garmin says it's a Windows issue.*Moved from feedback....
  4. Getting "The specified account already exists" error message.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting "The specified account already exists" error message.: What causes this error and how do I install a third party program if I keep getting this error? Garmin says it's a Windows issue.*Moved from feedback....
  5. Getting "The specified account already exists" error message.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Help with error this specified account already exists

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with error this specified account already exists: Hey,So I'm trying to download the epic game store again and I keep getting the error this specified account already exists now I have tried most of the troubleshooting methods except the Microsoft Installer uninstaller and its asking me for a Product code which I don't know...
  7. Help with error this specified account already exists

Help with error this specified account already exists: Hey,So I'm trying to download the epic game store again and I keep getting the error this specified account already exists now I have tried most of the troubleshooting methods except the Microsoft Installer uninstaller and its asking me for a Product code which I don't know...
  8. "Account already exist"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Account already exist": I could not create a Microsoft account on my tablet so I created one on my laptop. Now every time I try to sign in on my tablet, it directs me to "Create an account" page and says that there is already an account with my email. What do I do?...
  9. "Account already exist"

"Account already exist": I could not create a Microsoft account on my tablet so I created one on my laptop. Now every time I try to sign in on my tablet, it directs me to "Create an account" page and says that there is already an account with my email. What do I do?...
  10. Cannot uninstall or reinstall Fortnite(Game) "The specified account already exists"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot uninstall or reinstall Fortnite(Game) "The specified account already exists": recently my c drive was almost full but than i move the program folder of epic games to d drive but then i couldnt open the fortnite game so i tried to uninstall the game but a message poped up"The specified account already exists" so than i tried to install the game over...