Windows 10: The specified driver is invalid error when trying to print in Windows 10

Discus and support The specified driver is invalid error when trying to print in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The connection between your Windows 10 PC and printer is established via a printer driver. On most occasions, everything works well... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 18, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

The specified driver is invalid error when trying to print in Windows 10

WinClub, Dec 18, 2019

2. Error: Specified driver invalid when trying to print

I have just installed a brand new Epson printer, but when I try to print I get a message "Specified driver invalid". I got this message with the old printer and thinking the printer was the problem I bought a new one. Note this only happened after I did
    a reboot. My computer is running Windows 10. Please help

***Original title: Printer access***

vanessapalmer1, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Error: Specified driver invalid when trying to print

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using the printer on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. What is the exact model of the printer?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    3. How is the printer connected to the PC?
    4. How did you install the drivers for the printer?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try troubleshooting the printer using the Windows printer troubleshooter. Refer the articles

Fix printer problems
    and
    Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10
    and see if that helps.

You can also try changing the registry settings for the printer and see if you are able to print.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs

Refer the article
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type regedit and click on OK.
    1. Now navigate to the location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\PostSPUpgrade
    2. Right click on PostSPUpgrade and click on
      Delete.
    3. Click on Yes.
    4. Restart the PC.

In addition, you may want to refer the article
    Troubleshooting
    by Epson and see if you are able to print.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 18, 2019
  4. NGeo Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

Thema:

1. The specified driver is invalid error when trying to print in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - specified driver invalid

2. Invalid Cursor error when trying to open a picture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid Cursor error when trying to open a picture: Hi. When i click on one of my photo's, I get an error saying Invalid Cursor or if I try to share a pic people can only see Blank page. Anyone have any tips to what is going on.Or have i changed something I shouldn't have ?? Please :...
  3. Error when trying to print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error when trying to print: when i select the printing preference on my epson surecolor s30600, i get an error message, you cannot print with this driver ? i have downloaded latest drivers, tried reinstall, but always get this message when i try to print ? ***Modified title from:epson surecolor...
  4. Urgent Fix required : Printer error : The specified driver is invalid for Epson L405 after...

Urgent Fix required : Printer error : The specified driver is invalid for Epson L405 after...: I have an wireless Epson L405 printer. It is recognized by control panel but will not print. It used to work fine with my Dell laptop. After Win 10 update insider build 19041.388 everything seemed to work fine for 40 hours. Then in spite of successful login attempt 6/7 times...
  5. error message when trying to print

error message when trying to print: Hello, Yesterday morning, I printed a document on my Canon 5751 totally all right. When I went to print another document in the afternoon, so o switching off inbetween, I got the error message 0x8007007e, whether printing onto cutepdf or the printer. Nothing works. Can...
  6. Error when trying print a picture

Error when trying print a picture: I want to print a set of pictures I have saved. I cant do this. I have tried printing individually and all together but I keep getting an error. I have tried uninstalling the printer from my computer and reinstalling it wont work. I have set the printer to default...
  7. Brand new printer won't print: Specified driver is invalid

Brand new printer won't print: Specified driver is invalid: Just bought a brand new printer, an Epson WF-2860. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software numerous times, have made sure everything's all up to date, and I still cannot print anything from my computer Windows 10 64-bit including a test page. The message that I get is...
  8. Error 0x000007d1 Specified driver Invalid Printer Issue

Error 0x000007d1 Specified driver Invalid Printer Issue: Hi, A win10 reset recovery brought the machine up to OS 1909 build. I cannot now print documents. I have tried running the troubleshooter but it does not find any issues. However if I launch Edge browser and print a web page the printer works OK. I am then able to print from...
  9. Error: Specified driver invalid when trying to print

Error: Specified driver invalid when trying to print: I have just installed a brand new Epson printer, but when I try to print I get a message "Specified driver invalid". I got this message with the old printer and thinking the printer was the problem I bought a new one. Note this only happened after I did a reboot. My computer...
  10. can't print "specified driver is invalid" error when i try doing a test print (solution did...

can't print "specified driver is invalid" error when i try doing a test print (solution did...: my os is windows 10 x64 1903 18362.295 wanted to print something today and discovered it doesn't work.... only solution i could find was deleting a registry key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print "PostSPUpgrade" however upon checking, i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. specified driver is invalid windows 10

2. windows 10 printer driver is invalid

3. windows 10 driver is invalid

4. the specified driver is invalid windows 10