Windows 10: The specified network provider name is invalid

Discus and support The specified network provider name is invalid in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My internet connection is working, everything is OK, but... I cannot share any folder on my PC. I haven't used sharing several months now, It was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FlamingSoul, Jun 3, 2016.

1. The specified network provider name is invalid

My internet connection is working, everything is OK, but...
    I cannot share any folder on my PC. I haven't used sharing several months now, It was working perfect back then. *Huh

The problem:

The specified network provider name is invalid [​IMG]

Some screens of current network settings:

Code: C:\Users\andre>ipconfig /all Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : FLAM-PC Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No Ethernet adapter Ethernet: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-25-22-EB-0D-0B DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::71e9:3539:a402:784e%6(Preferred) IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2(Preferred) Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, 4 June, 2016 07:30:32 Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, 5 June, 2016 07:30:32 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1 DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1 DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 167781666 DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1E-2A-BE-D9-00-25-22-EB-0D-0B DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1 NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled[/quote] Code: C:\Users\andre>nbtstat -n Ethernet: Node IpAddress: [192.168.1.2] Scope Id: [] NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- FLAM-PC <00> UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP <00> GROUP Registered FLAM-PC <20> UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP <1E> GROUP Registered WORKGROUP <1D> UNIQUE Registered ☺☻__MSBROWSE__☻<01> GROUP Registered[/quote] Fixes tried to apply:
    [/quote]
    No luck *cry

:)

FlamingSoul, Jun 3, 2016

2. Specified network name is no longer available

I have 8 pcs network. 5 pc windows 10 installed, 1pc windows 8.1 installed and 2 pcs installed with windows xp.

Recently I have some problem in one windows 10 pc named as server.The pc is shared with all drives.

The pc acts as a server for only sharing a excel sheet.I had Reset the pc as the pc is giving lot of errors.

after resetting the pc the server cannot accessible from windows xp pc but I can access the server pc from all windows 10 and windows 8.1 pc.

Before resetting the pc the server is accessible from all pcs.

The server pc not installed antivirus and windows firewall also is off .

I can ping from windows xp pc to server pc but when access from windows xp pc with name or ip the above error is coming.

When I access the pc from windows xp network places the error is the server is not accessible, you may not have permission to use the network resource.

I had already shared all drives and they are accessed from windows 10 pc but windows xp pc cannot access this share

Thanking you,

Satish Kadam

Satish Kadam 1975, Jun 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 and Photoshop problemCannot create the specified file. The file name is invalid or you do not have the permission to save to the specified directory.

Photoshop Elements 9 gives the message:

Cannot create the specified file. The file name is invalid or you do not have the permission to save to the specified directory.

How can I solve this?

Bonnie Miller, Jun 3, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

The specified network provider name is invalid

Really cannot tell what those small thumbnails say.

If it is from the update that caused protocols to go missing. That is because Microsoft locked down Guest sessions for networking in 10.

There is a Tutorial on here how to fix the problem, along with a very long thread.

bro67, Jun 3, 2016
  5. But they are clickable

FlamingSoul, Jun 3, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Yes, but on a iPhone, Taptalk does not render them properly, so they come out all blurred.

That is why I posted that. It was not so much for them. It is the fact that the board software and Taptalk do not like each other for some reason.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

The specified network provider name is invalid

1. The specified network provider name is invalid - Similar Threads - specified network provider

2. The specified network name is no longer available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The specified network name is no longer available: My nas could not be connected this morning. During this time, I also used cmd to ping. The workstation and server services that are both available and checked are normal. The computer has also been restarted, but I hope you can help me solve the problem. Thank you...
  3. The specified network name is no longer available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The specified network name is no longer available: My nas could not be connected this morning. During this time, I also used cmd to ping. The workstation and server services that are both available and checked are normal. The computer has also been restarted, but I hope you can help me solve the problem. Thank you...
  4. The specified network name is no longer available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. "User Name is invalid"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "User Name is invalid": I'm trying to get the computer to execute a registry key I made to switch light mode back to dark mode upon boot. However, in order to change the settings of this task, it asks me for my password. I tried my password and a window pops up.I know my account name is valid. I...
  6. Can't access mapped network drive by name - "The specified network name is no longer available"

Can't access mapped network drive by name - "The specified network name is no longer available": Hello, recently I'm having a hard time accessing a network mapped drive by name. Access by IP works just fine, by name rarely works, always gives us a error "The specified network name is no longer available". I've managed to track down when it all started going wrong, and...
  7. Specified network name is no longer available

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Specified network name is no longer available: I use one Win10 PC as server to share files, and some Win10 PC as client to visit it. Other clients is ok, one client can not visit server by \\192.168.xxx.xxxserver ip with user and password set by "net use" command. the error is "Specified network name is no longer...
  8. specified network name invalid message

specified network name invalid message: lost the ability to network desktop with other laptops https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/specified-network-name-invalid-message/e5a81efc-f645-444f-8d69-ca011dbb4225
  9. “The specified network name is no longer available”

“The specified network name is no longer available”: I have six systems in my home, five running Windows 10 with the Anniversary update and a sixth that just won’t take it yet, and is stuck with the original Win 10. All of these are somewhat networked together, along with several more that are not in our home. (I use Hamachi...
  10. directory name is invalid

in Windows 10 Support
    directory name is invalid: Hi I have just got this new desktop pc. After an update I am getting this annoying message, E:/ The directory name is invalid. I don't know what I have done. I did anything. I searched Google and found a post on this forum but I can't find the actual answer to the post. Just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. specified network provider name is invalid

2. windows 10 specified network provider name is invalid

3. network provider name is invalid

4. the specified network provider name is invalid,
  5. the specified network provider name is invalid windows 7 nas,
  6. the network provider name is invalid,
  7. The specified network provider name is invalid and windows 10