Windows 10: "The specified path does not exist"

Discus and support "The specified path does not exist" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yesterday, I changed the registry for ProgramFilesDir and ProgramFilesDir x86 from C:\ to F:\, and now today when I try opening any application such as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alanxloh, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Alanxloh Win User

"The specified path does not exist"

Yesterday, I changed the registry for ProgramFilesDir and ProgramFilesDir x86 from C:\ to F:\, and now today when I try opening any application such as CMD Adminstrator, Regedit, Task Manager, even Microsoft Word, or try to recover my Bitlocker Key, when I try to decrypt my laptop, reset my laptop, an error comes up saying "The specified path does not exist."

I have also tried to move the ProgramFiles folders to F:\ but it gets stuck in the "Discovering" process.

Resetting or going into Safe Mode doesn't work since I don't have the Bitlocker Key which I can't recover because it shows me the error.

CMD Administrator doesn't work either but I can open the regular CMD.

And I'm pretty sure any other system application doesn't work either like services. msc, etc.

Any help would be great thanks.

Device:

Windows 10

Dell G5 5590

Intel Core i5-9300H

:)

Alanxloh, Mar 8, 2020

2. Scanning/system cannot find the path specified

Hi Julia,

The error System cannot find the path specified means that the path named in the command does not exist for the drive specified, or the path was entered incorrectly.

Furthermore, due to the complexity of your concern, we suggest that you post this at

TechNet
    forum.

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Can't play music CD....The Specified Path does not exist???

Can't play a music CD!
    When I put a CD in my drive I get a message: The Specified Path Does Not Exist"?????
    Please help!

"The specified path does not exist" [​IMG]

Cornishman, Mar 8, 2020
  4. Ernie San Win User

Microsoft Photos can't access specified device, path or file

Hello Suraj,

One of the possible reason why you are getting an error message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item",
    may be due to the corrupted shortcut, if the file needs a permission or
    error if the shortcut or installation is attempting to access a location that is not currently available such as a networked or a removable drive. In order for us to assist you better, we'd like to ask the following:

• Did you make any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue? If yes, tell us more about it.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you checked if you are using the administrator access? If yes, do you have any guess or standard profile on your computer?
    • Which application are you using to access photos? Is it an application that you download from the Microsoft Store?

Meanwhile, we recommend checking the article about "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file" error when you try to install, update or start a program or file
    on this link. It's applicable to Windows 7, this is to guide us to
    isolate the main issue why you are unable to access the photos on your device.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

1. "The specified path does not exist" - Similar Threads - specified path does

2. windows/register.exe the specified path does not exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows/register.exe the specified path does not exist: windows/register.exe the specified path does not exist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windowsregisterexe-the-specified-path-does-not/95dc3cec-b55f-42de-a357-7f33bc21d525
  3. windows/register.exe the specified path does not exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows/register.exe the specified path does not exist: windows/register.exe the specified path does not exist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windowsregisterexe-the-specified-path-does-not/95dc3cec-b55f-42de-a357-7f33bc21d525
  4. windows/register.exe the specified path does not exist

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The specified path does not exist.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The specified path does not exist.: Trying to download installition Cannon Pixma TS3450 printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-path-does-not-exist/2b22d94f-4ec7-4751-b95c-57b286af6a20
  6. The specified path does not exist.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The specified path does not exist.: Trying to download installition Cannon Pixma TS3450 printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-path-does-not-exist/2b22d94f-4ec7-4751-b95c-57b286af6a20
  7. The specified path does not exist.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. "The Specified Path Does Not Exist" on some files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "The Specified Path Does Not Exist" on some files: So basically I just got a new pc and I have been having trouble dealing with 2 drives as some stuff downloads onto C: Drive and some onto D: Drive. When I thought I had fixed it by making everything download to my D drive, some applications lose their icons on my desktop and...
  9. "The specified path does not exist."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "The specified path does not exist.": I cannot download anything onto my computer. I've tried with several things including NOX Player. Everytime something finishes downloading and i open it i am always prompted with the same messages saying the path doesn't exist. Can someone please provide a solution? I'm not...
  10. Error: The Specified Path Does Not Exist

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error: The Specified Path Does Not Exist: Hi, Having an annoying program error every time I land on my desktop upon start up. any idea how to get rid of this? Searched on the web a couple of times, but no recommendation I found and tried have really worked. [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what does the specified path does not exist mean

2. what does path does not exist mean