Windows 10: The specified procedure could not be found error on Windows 10

Discus and support The specified procedure could not be found error on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When starting an application or software, if you receive an error— There was a problem starting this file, The specified procedure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 25, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

The specified procedure could not be found error on Windows 10

WinClub, Nov 25, 2019

2. Windows 10, Twinui failed procedure calls and No listing of error in Event Log .

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are facing issues with access the photos with error:
    The remote procedure call failed after the Windows update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the exact error code/ error message of this issue?
    • What is the photos file type you are facing the issue with?
    • Which is latest update being installed on your device?

I suggest you to use Windows Photo app to view the photos and check if the issue persists.

As a work around I suggest you to try the following and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to uninstall the update, restart the device and check if you are able to access the photos.

Steps:

1. Right click on the
    Start button and select Programs and Features.

2. Click on View installed updates.

3. Right click on the latest update and then click
    Uninstall.

Note: Administrator permission required if you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

As you receive an error: The remote procedure call failed, I suggest you to check the status of Remote Procedure Call locator service.

Method 2: Make sure the Remote Procedure Call status is Started and set to Automatic. RPC Locator should be set to Manual.

Follow the below steps for the same:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type services.msc in the search box and press
      Enter
    • Search for the Remote Procedure Call locator service
    • Make sure the Start-up type is Manual.

Steps to set the services to Automatic

• Right click on the service,
    • If the service is stopped then Start the service
    • Select Properties
    • And in the Start-up type, select Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 25, 2019
  3. “Unknown layout specified in manifest” error on the Windows Store in Windows 10 1709 region Sweden

• Windows store gives error related to “Unknown layout specified in manifest” error on the Windows Store
    Tried resintalling and changing the region as mentioned in few blogs

tried reinstalling the .NET also

anymore suggestions

ArjunSingh5, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

1. The specified procedure could not be found error on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - specified procedure found

2. The specified module could not be found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The specified module could not be found.: There was a problem startingC:\ProgramData\ScoreModern\PinsBhosu\Silim_nindowscom.dllThe specified module could not be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-module-could-not-be-found/26447477-48cb-427b-98f4-89082c3cc790
  3. The specified module could not be found.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The specified module could not be found.: There was a problem startingC:\ProgramData\ScoreModern\PinsBhosu\Silim_nindowscom.dllThe specified module could not be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-module-could-not-be-found/26447477-48cb-427b-98f4-89082c3cc790
  4. RunDLL error The specified module could not be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RunDLL error The specified module could not be found: My computer is showing RunDLL error lately. The error indicates the path to were the missing module must be located. I checked the folder and I think the dll is related to the loading animation of the mouse cursor. This is my windows specification:Windows 11 Pro 22H2OS Build:...
  5. RunDLL error The specified module could not be found

RunDLL error The specified module could not be found: My computer is showing RunDLL error lately. The error indicates the path to were the missing module must be located. I checked the folder and I think the dll is related to the loading animation of the mouse cursor. This is my windows specification:Windows 11 Pro 22H2OS Build:...
  6. Windows jpg "The specified procedure could not be found"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows jpg "The specified procedure could not be found": When double clicking on a jpg file to open in Microsoft Photo, I get the error The specified procedure could not be found.This is on a new Windows 11 laptop that was purchased about a month ago. It worked fine for a few weeks, I started getting the error. After a week I...
  7. Windows jpg "The specified procedure could not be found"

Windows jpg "The specified procedure could not be found": When double clicking on a jpg file to open in Microsoft Photo, I get the error The specified procedure could not be found.This is on a new Windows 11 laptop that was purchased about a month ago. It worked fine for a few weeks, I started getting the error. After a week I...
  8. Error Message on Thinkpad Windows 10: The Specified Module Could Not Be Found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Message on Thinkpad Windows 10: The Specified Module Could Not Be Found: Hello, I have a Thinkpad X270 with WIndows 10 Pro. I did a factory reset yesterday where I cleaned out everything on the computer, including all files, documents, programs. Ever since then, again yesterday, a message pops up when I open my computer -- it never did before the...
  9. How to fix "ShellExecuteEx failed; code 127. The specified procedure could not be found"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix "ShellExecuteEx failed; code 127. The specified procedure could not be found": Any time I try to run a .exe file like an installer for a game, it displays this error code? Any solution? I already tried what you said on...
  10. "The specified procedure could not be found" (UAC related)

in Windows 10 Support
    "The specified procedure could not be found" (UAC related): hey people, It's been less than a week that I've been experiencing a problem. I can't run programs that require UAC to pop up for me to choose "yes" or "no". I downloaded latest video graphics driver for my GPU and when I want to install it, since it requires the UAC to pop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. procedure could not be found windows 10

2. specific procedure could not be found

3. windows 10 the specified procedure could not be found