Windows 10: The Split function has disappeared from the Microsoft Photos app

Discus and support The Split function has disappeared from the Microsoft Photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when video editing, numerous tools will be displayed from a drop down tab on the right hand side of the screen. The split function used to be here, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MaxSimeck1, Jan 5, 2021.

1. The Split function has disappeared from the Microsoft Photos app

when video editing, numerous tools will be displayed from a drop down tab on the right hand side of the screen. The split function used to be here, but no, that button has vanished from the toolbar.

This has happened before to others, but this is my first time seeing this issue.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/split-video-function-in-microsoft-photos-has/0250863b-5450-4819-8f1e-ef6dabbb1318?page=1

I have tried both repair and restore, to no success, and I am on the most recent version of windows 10, which I updated to yesterday. The app version displayed is 2020.20110.11001.0.

:)

MaxSimeck1, Jan 5, 2021
  2. urfreed Win User

SPLIT VIDEO FUNCTION in MICROSOFT PHOTOS has disappeared

I have been using the "Split" function in the Microsoft Photos app for quite awhile now, but today that functionality disappeared.

I can't even find a reference to that function in the documentation anymore.

Today, I opened a video using Microsoft Photos.

I was able to split the video into a number of segments by clicking the "Split" icon at various points in the video.

I was then able to delete several segments, and save the thus edited video to a new file. It worked perfectly, as always.

Then, a few seconds later, I opened another video in Microsoft Photos to do the same thing.

But this time, the "Split" icon was no longer there, no matter which video I open.

(The "Split" icon used to be next to the "Trim" icon.)

So, what happened to the "Split" functionality in the time span of less than a minute?

(Please don't tell me that I can do splits by repeatedly doing trims - that is too tedious!)

urfreed, Jan 5, 2021
  3. urfreed Win User
    SPLIT VIDEO FUNCTION in MICROSOFT PHOTOS has disappeared

"The split feature in Photos app is covered in this tutorial:

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/cut-split-tr..."

Yes, I know this link...

This link shows that Photos does NOT have the "Split" feature!

It shows how to do splits in a ridiculous way using the "Trim" feature, instead.

As I said in my first post,

"(Please don't tell me that I can do splits by repeatedly doing trims - that is too tedious!)."

Of the 144 thousand employees, there are only one or two people in Microsoft that really knows what is going on here, and they can't be reached.

Thanks for trying anyway, but I am done here.

urfreed, Jan 5, 2021
  4. The Split function has disappeared from the Microsoft Photos app

The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

The Split function has disappeared from the Microsoft Photos app

1. The Split function has disappeared from the Microsoft Photos app - Similar Threads - Split function has

2. Retouch function button for photos disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retouch function button for photos disappeared: I used the retouch function a lot with no issues. When I went to use it yesterday the button was not there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retouch-function-button-for-photos-disappeared/b94ce728-0d0c-4c4b-a9e9-373e0282dd4e
  3. Retouch function button for photos disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retouch function button for photos disappeared: I used the retouch function a lot with no issues. When I went to use it yesterday the button was not there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retouch-function-button-for-photos-disappeared/b94ce728-0d0c-4c4b-a9e9-373e0282dd4e
  4. Why is the Photos App Not Functioning like it Always Has??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the Photos App Not Functioning like it Always Has??: My current laptop is one year old, has an i7 proc, and 16GB RAM. It's not a resource issue. I have long used the Windows built-in application for viewing pictures. Starting with Windows 10 and now 11, I have fully leveraged Photos to view, make quick edits, and...
  5. Why is the Photos App Not Functioning like it Always Has??

Why is the Photos App Not Functioning like it Always Has??: My current laptop is one year old, has an i7 proc, and 16GB RAM. It's not a resource issue. I have long used the Windows built-in application for viewing pictures. Starting with Windows 10 and now 11, I have fully leveraged Photos to view, make quick edits, and...
  6. Split Function is gone from Video Editor

Split Function is gone from Video Editor: I went in a few days ago and the split feature was there. Today nothing. I've looked at previous threads to no avail. I've also tried all the other options and ideas to fix to no avail. Any idea what's going on?...
  7. Microsoft Photos app not functioning.

Microsoft Photos app not functioning.: Since the most recent updates on 16th July I am unable to open photos using the Microsoft Photos app. Its random some open some don't, one that opens may not open the next time Its particularly annoying as I prefer the editing functions of this app to most others. I can...
  8. Photos App for Windows 10 has disappeared from my laptop

Photos App for Windows 10 has disappeared from my laptop: I don't know when this happened, probably months ago. I've dried to re-download the app from the online store, but am unable to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-for-windows-10-has-disappeared-from-my/982f4a97-5a18-4386-8fac-2160e7233325
  9. SPLIT VIDEO FUNCTION in MICROSOFT PHOTOS has disappeared

SPLIT VIDEO FUNCTION in MICROSOFT PHOTOS has disappeared: I have been using the "Split" function in the Microsoft Photos app for quite awhile now, but today that functionality disappeared. I can't even find a reference to that function in the documentation anymore. Today, I opened a video using Microsoft Photos. I was able to split...
  10. Disappearance of Split Button in Video Projects in WIndows 10 Photo App

Disappearance of Split Button in Video Projects in WIndows 10 Photo App: Sometimes there is a split button in the video project on photo app. But most of the time, there isn't a split button in the video project. The split button allows me to accurately split a video into two separate clips. I tried resetting photos app but still doesn't working....