Windows 10: The split video option in Photos just disappeared. Is anyone else having this issue?

Discus and support The split video option in Photos just disappeared. Is anyone else having this issue? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This has happened before, and reset/restore aren't helping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/imbrowntown, Jan 5, 2021.

1. The split video option in Photos just disappeared. Is anyone else having this issue?

/u/imbrowntown, Jan 5, 2021
  2. urfreed Win User

SPLIT VIDEO FUNCTION in MICROSOFT PHOTOS has disappeared

I have been using the "Split" function in the Microsoft Photos app for quite awhile now, but today that functionality disappeared.

I can't even find a reference to that function in the documentation anymore.

Today, I opened a video using Microsoft Photos.

I was able to split the video into a number of segments by clicking the "Split" icon at various points in the video.

I was then able to delete several segments, and save the thus edited video to a new file. It worked perfectly, as always.

Then, a few seconds later, I opened another video in Microsoft Photos to do the same thing.

But this time, the "Split" icon was no longer there, no matter which video I open.

(The "Split" icon used to be next to the "Trim" icon.)

So, what happened to the "Split" functionality in the time span of less than a minute?

(Please don't tell me that I can do splits by repeatedly doing trims - that is too tedious!)

urfreed, Jan 5, 2021
  3. windows 10 video editor, the split video option disappeared, please help

Actually you have only the trim option.

As you can read there:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Your is a common issue and also on my Video Editor there isn't the split video option, but only trim. It is possible that's one of the issue of Photos feature missing due to updates, but it is also possible that the feature has been dismissed, leaving only
    the trim option.

Using trim and copy video, you can still split the video, even if it is a longer activity.

Stefano Giovanni Tamiotti, Jan 5, 2021
  4. urfreed Win User

The split video option in Photos just disappeared. Is anyone else having this issue?

SPLIT VIDEO FUNCTION in MICROSOFT PHOTOS has disappeared

"The split feature in Photos app is covered in this tutorial:

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/cut-split-tr..."

Yes, I know this link...

This link shows that Photos does NOT have the "Split" feature!

It shows how to do splits in a ridiculous way using the "Trim" feature, instead.

As I said in my first post,

"(Please don't tell me that I can do splits by repeatedly doing trims - that is too tedious!)."

Of the 144 thousand employees, there are only one or two people in Microsoft that really knows what is going on here, and they can't be reached.

Thanks for trying anyway, but I am done here.

urfreed, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

The split video option in Photos just disappeared. Is anyone else having this issue?

1. The split video option in Photos just disappeared. Is anyone else having this issue? - Similar Threads - split video option

2. Does anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone else have this issue?: I tried to open settings, but it just shows a blue screen with a gear then closes. I can't enter or get on settings at all whatsoever, even when running as administrator....
  3. Does anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does anyone else have this issue?: I tried to open settings, but it just shows a blue screen with a gear then closes. I can't enter or get on settings at all whatsoever, even when running as administrator....
  4. anyone else have this issue?

anyone else have this issue?: Ran into this problem with Epic games anti cheat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-have-this-issue/b4a20c23-bd2b-48ab-9bed-73004974285d
  5. anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    anyone else have this issue?: Ran into this problem with Epic games anti cheat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-have-this-issue/b4a20c23-bd2b-48ab-9bed-73004974285d
  6. Does anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone else have this issue?: Since my windows update in Feb 2023 on my laptop, I only get 100% volume through the speakers it doesn't matter what volume level or mute. Can someone please assist? Thanks...
  7. Does anyone else have this issue?

Does anyone else have this issue?: Since my windows update in Feb 2023 on my laptop, I only get 100% volume through the speakers it doesn't matter what volume level or mute. Can someone please assist? Thanks...
  8. Anyone else have this issue with chrome?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else have this issue with chrome?: submitted by /u/KingJeremyVII [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hrfe8x/anyone_else_have_this_issue_with_chrome/
  9. Anyone else having this issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else having this issue?: Ever since the first 2018 update windows won't update or install any apps from the store I keep getting this code "error 0x80070005" I had to 'manually'' update windows by reinstalling it, please let me know if anyone has a solution submitted by /u/crippling_cancer [link]...
  10. SPLIT VIDEO FUNCTION in MICROSOFT PHOTOS has disappeared

SPLIT VIDEO FUNCTION in MICROSOFT PHOTOS has disappeared: I have been using the "Split" function in the Microsoft Photos app for quite awhile now, but today that functionality disappeared. I can't even find a reference to that function in the documentation anymore. Today, I opened a video using Microsoft Photos. I was able to split...