Windows 10: The Start Button/Search Bar and the Notification Menu are not responding and starting on...

Discus and support The Start Button/Search Bar and the Notification Menu are not responding and starting on... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I click on these icons, I have had absolutely NO response whatsoever except for the transparent effect when my pointer hovers over it. So,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by abi_076, Jul 5, 2021.

1. abi_076 Win User

The Start Button/Search Bar and the Notification Menu are not responding and starting on...

Every time I click on these icons, I have had absolutely NO response whatsoever except for the transparent effect when my pointer hovers over it. So, If you could answer this question really quickly, I would very much appreciate it !!

:)

abi_076, Jul 5, 2021

2. Start Button and Search Bar Probloems

I am having problems with my start button and search bar they don't respond the right click on the start button does work though.

BIGGEST CHUNGUS, Jul 5, 2021
  3. Unable to access Start menu, Search bar, notification buttons on Task bar after install the Update KB3139907 on Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for responding.

We are glad to know that you are able to access Search bar and notification center after performing the above troubleshooting steps.

For the issues with Start menu, try the below steps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the below PowerShell command to re-register Start menu and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Right click on the Taskbar and select
      Task Manager
      from the context menu.

• In the Task Manager window, click on
      File
      and on Run new task.

• Type powershell, place a check mark on
      Create this task with administrative privileges
      and click Ok.

• In the administrative Windows PowerShell window, carefully type the below command and hit Enter key from the keyboard.

• Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}
    5. Once the command execution is completed successfully, close the PowerShell window and reboot/ restart the computer.

NOTE: When you are running the PowerShell command, I recommend you to close all the apps on your system and try.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 5, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

The Start Button/Search Bar and the Notification Menu are not responding and starting on...

Start Button and Search Bar Probloems

It has been a prevalent glitch lately, 'Start Experience Host' hangs, often a quick Restart of Explorer will fix it.

Edwin, Jul 5, 2021
Thema:

1. The Start Button/Search Bar and the Notification Menu are not responding and starting on... - Similar Threads - Start Button Search

2. Search bar and windows start menu button not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar and windows start menu button not working: I've tried to restart file explorer in task manager, never helped, ran sfc, said it found corrupted files, and fixed it, but still never helped, what else can I try to fix those two options on the taskbar? submitted by /u/Cerberus45GTX [link] [comments]...
  3. Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar: Hi there, My PC is only about 3 or 4 months old. That being said, the most recent things that have happened were an update on my pc on the 19th of this month, and I moved my OS from my hdd to an ssd. I cant pinpoint exactly when the issues started happening, but it was within...
  4. Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar: Hi there, My PC is only about 3 or 4 months old. That being said, the most recent things that have happened were an update on my pc on the 19th of this month, and I moved my OS from my hdd to an ssd. I cant pinpoint exactly when the issues started happening, but it was within...
  5. Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows 10 button and search bar on start menu isn't responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 button and search bar on start menu isn't responding: I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro and after getting everything up to date, the start button and search bar do nothing if I click on them....
  7. Windows 10 button and search bar on start menu isn't responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 button and search bar on start menu isn't responding: I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro and after getting everything up to date, the start button and search bar do nothing if I click on them....
  8. Windows 10 button and search bar on start menu isn't responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. No Search Bar in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Search Bar in Start Menu: Hello, My start menu has no search bar. I looked this up on the forum, and one answer was to go into Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Turn Windows features on or off -> check mark the box for 'Windows Search' -> Reboot. Problem 1: 'Windows Search' is not on my list...
  10. Start Menu Search Bar

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Bar: Prior versions of windows allowed me to hit the handy-dandy start-menu button, type a document name in the search bar, and recent documents I pulled up with the search words would show up - the charm of that feature was that I could close a document or spreadsheet confident...