Windows 10: The start menu and Settings app are not working in windows 11

Discus and support The start menu and Settings app are not working in windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've tried numerous troubleshooting guides to try and fix this issue and nothing has worked. I've tried reinstalling via windows 11 iso. Nothing has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BrendanAtkinson2, Dec 3, 2021.

1. The start menu and Settings app are not working in windows 11

I've tried numerous troubleshooting guides to try and fix this issue and nothing has worked. I've tried reinstalling via windows 11 iso. Nothing has worked. Are there any fixes for this that are recent that I haven't tried and barring that is there a way to revert to windows 10 without using the settings menu? Thanks a ton.

:)

BrendanAtkinson2, Dec 3, 2021
  2. Ghot Win User

Start Menu List - Settings

You need to go one step further...

Settings >Personalization > Start, then click as shown by the RED square...

The start menu and Settings app are not working in windows 11 [​IMG]

The start menu and Settings app are not working in windows 11 [​IMG]

Ghot, Dec 3, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Dec 3, 2021
  4. The start menu and Settings app are not working in windows 11

START MENU,CORTANA,EDGE BROWSER AND IN-BUILT APPS NOT WORKING

Hi Aditya,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter from the below article and check if it helps.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2: You may follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Fix problems with the Start menu

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Dec 3, 2021
Thema:

The start menu and Settings app are not working in windows 11

1. The start menu and Settings app are not working in windows 11 - Similar Threads - start menu Settings

2. Windows start menu and settings not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows start menu and settings not working: The other night I updated my computer and went to bed. When I woke up, I started it up and the update needed to finish for a minute and then led me to the sign in screen. I entered my password and was stuck on the loading screen for a while, so I just turned my computer off...
  3. Windows start menu and settings not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows start menu and settings not working: The other night I updated my computer and went to bed. When I woke up, I started it up and the update needed to finish for a minute and then led me to the sign in screen. I entered my password and was stuck on the loading screen for a while, so I just turned my computer off...
  4. taskbar, start menu and settings app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar, start menu and settings app not working: also everytime i start my pc a black screen shows up it takes around 5 minutes to start.ive tried every fix to these issues known to man and none of them worked, i dont know the root of the issue and this problem has plagued me for about a month if not longer...
  5. taskbar, start menu and settings app not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar, start menu and settings app not working: also everytime i start my pc a black screen shows up it takes around 5 minutes to start.ive tried every fix to these issues known to man and none of them worked, i dont know the root of the issue and this problem has plagued me for about a month if not longer...
  6. The start menu and Settings app are not working in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The start menu and Settings app are not working in windows 11: I've tried numerous troubleshooting guides to try and fix this issue and nothing has worked. I've tried reinstalling via windows 11 iso. Nothing has worked. Are there any fixes for this that are recent that I haven't tried and barring that is there a way to revert to windows...
  7. Start menu and Windows apps not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu and Windows apps not working: This issue started a few days ago and the more I use my laptop, the more issues I find somehow. First, my start menu won't stay open and I can't click on anything in it either. Some things aren't clickable in my search menu either (left click won't work but right click...
  8. setting & start menu not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting & start menu not working: In my pc has a problem right now but I can't do anything at this moment. please help me. The problem is setting & start menu not working, it automatically off....
  9. Settings app and start menu not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app and start menu not working: I've had this problem since an update released near the 8th of October, even after the latest updates the start menu still results in a critical error, I would try to factory reset my pc and just see if it fixes it but I have no idea how to as I can't open settings. I've also...
  10. Start Menu, windows apps and settings wont work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu, windows apps and settings wont work: I am having a problem on Windows 10 Pro 1903, the start menu, windows apps and settings will not work. When right clicking on the start menu and trying to open any settings options they open for a quick few seconds and then close straight away. It just started happening last...