Windows 10: The start menu is too grey, how do I make it black like the taskbar?

Discus and support The start menu is too grey, how do I make it black like the taskbar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there any sort of registry edit or something to make the start menu look black like the taskbar? I've noticed it appears to be darker and more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sea Monster, Aug 30, 2015.

1. The start menu is too grey, how do I make it black like the taskbar?

Is there any sort of registry edit or something to make the start menu look black like the taskbar?
    I've noticed it appears to be darker and more transparent on my laptop, however on my desktop monitor, it looks terrible.

Currently, it looks grey, and appears to have very little transparency. I'd prefer it to be black, or at least a much darker shade, and maybe even have the transparency increased if possible.

I have tried custom color accents, but it only makes the start menu appear brighter.

:)

Sea Monster, Aug 30, 2015
  2. Amatyr Win User

Taskbar right-click menu colours

Why are my taskbar menus a mix of grey and black background? The change to grey is definitely not great for readability compared to the old white, but is manageable. The black is really bad, disconcerting and the change in background part-way through a menu
    is terrrible.

How can I make this black background become grey like the rest of the menu?

The start menu is too grey, how do I make it black like the taskbar? [​IMG]

Amatyr, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Make the black type black. It appears too light

To Jesson P About feedback. I did not get an answer t did not answer my question. You asked me to give feedback. How can I possibly

do that when I didn'to my question about making my black print blacker so I can see

it. Also I mentioned the gobblygook letters t tho

at appear when I type. I would quit typing altogether. Have known how to t keyboard since I was in high school, way over fifty yearype without looking atmyself I woulds a ago. quitodo t are happening. Surely if I were able thatters and backspacing
    to be able to type without these ridiculous let This iyrating and this is what I get.....pe frustart to trating I ststs so fru

heidegoliash, Aug 30, 2015
Thema:

The start menu is too grey, how do I make it black like the taskbar?

1. The start menu is too grey, how do I make it black like the taskbar? - Similar Threads - start menu too

2. How do I make the taskbar black, not just dark grey?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make the taskbar black, not just dark grey?: Even manually changing the color to black in the personalization settings seems to revert it back to dark gray even though it works with other colors. Do I have to end up using a third party app for this like always due to microsoft's incompetence? Or is there something I'm...
  3. How do I make the taskbar black, not just dark grey?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make the taskbar black, not just dark grey?: Even manually changing the color to black in the personalization settings seems to revert it back to dark gray even though it works with other colors. Do I have to end up using a third party app for this like always due to microsoft's incompetence? Or is there something I'm...
  4. How do i make apps in the start menu transparent

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i make apps in the start menu transparent: So i've been trying to make the background of apps in the start menu transparent, so i could see my background even better. I enabled transparency effects already and searched the internet to find the solution but just can't find one. I would really appreciate it if anyone...
  5. How to make Start Menu black with blue tiles/apps? LIKE IT WAS BEFORE!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make Start Menu black with blue tiles/apps? LIKE IT WAS BEFORE!!!!: Windows 10 Pro vers 20H2 OS build 19042.630 I picked up my new computer today as my last one had a sudden HDD failure. I am trying to recreate the settings as much as possible. My old laptop had Win10 Home... this one has Pro and with the latest OS version/build. I want my...
  6. How do I make the Start menu wider?

How do I make the Start menu wider?: Greetings, My computer crashed and I reinstalled Windows. My start menu is now only has a few tiles on it and I'm adding more. When I try to make it wider by dragging, it snaps back to its original width. How can I make it wider? Thanks, Shane. Windows 10 version 1909...
  7. How to Make Windows 10 Start Menu Background Color White While Keeping the Taskbar Black?

How to Make Windows 10 Start Menu Background Color White While Keeping the Taskbar Black?: Is there a way to achieve this? I like the white color on the start menu, but the white taskbar is just not for me. And unfortunately, the start menu and the taskbar are like a "package", I can't change one's color without the other, because if I changed the "default Windows...
  8. How to Make Windows 10 Start Menu White While Keeping the Taskbar Black?

How to Make Windows 10 Start Menu White While Keeping the Taskbar Black?: Is there a way to achieve this? I like the white color on the start menu, but the white taskbar is just not for me. And unfortunately, they're like a "package", I can't get one without the other. submitted by /u/luckman-23 [link] [comments]...
  9. How do people get a black taskbar and start menu?

How do people get a black taskbar and start menu?: I've seen in some YouTube videos people have their taskbars black? How? When I try to make it black in settings, it says "colour not supported". All I can do is turn off transparency but that just makes everything grey submitted by /u/MACCCCCCCCCCCCC [link] [comments]...
  10. How to make a start menu on the taskbar on Windows 10 preview?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make a start menu on the taskbar on Windows 10 preview?: There is a post (windows 8 forum -http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...8-taskbar.html ) to install the start menu on the task bar for Windows 8 but it does not fully work on windows 10, does anyone know if there is a similar way to put a fully working start menu on windows...