Windows 10: The start menu keeps coming up when I click

Discus and support The start menu keeps coming up when I click in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am having a pretty large issue with my computer. Every time I click, the start menu appears. It doesn't matter where I click. It will come up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SarekSiegel, Jul 29, 2020.

1. The start menu keeps coming up when I click

Hello, I am having a pretty large issue with my computer. Every time I click, the start menu appears. It doesn't matter where I click. It will come up no matter what. I have found nothing about this online. Does anyone have an answer on how to fix this?

:)

SarekSiegel, Jul 29, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. pjfarr Win User
    Deleted files keep coming up in Start Menu search results

Many times when I search from the Start Menu, results come up for files that have been deleted or moved but the old path is listed in the results (so that clicking it throws me a "File cannot be found" type error).

I first noticed this when I moved a folder of PDF manuals to a new location. The titles of these files will come up when searching from the Start Menu but the paths are linked to the original locations and so Windows can't "find" the file when I click on it in the search results.

I did a CCleaner sweep of my system and even tried rebuilding the search index but cannot correct this nonsense. What's going on?

pjfarr, Jul 29, 2020
  4. pjfarr Win User

The start menu keeps coming up when I click

Deleted files keep coming up in Start Menu search results

Many times when I search from the Start Menu, results come up for files that have been deleted or moved but the old path is listed in the results (so that clicking it throws me a "File cannot be found"
    type error).

I first noticed this when I moved a folder of PDF manuals to a new location. The titles of these files will come up when searching from the Start Menu but the paths are linked to the original locations and
    so Windows can't "find" the file when I click on it in the search results.

I did a CCleaner sweep of my system and even tried rebuilding the search index but cannot correct this nonsense. What's going on?

pjfarr, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

The start menu keeps coming up when I click

1. The start menu keeps coming up when I click - Similar Threads - start menu keeps

2. Click on start menu does not come up, nor does click in search or right-click context menus...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Click on start menu does not come up, nor does click in search or right-click context menus...: Click on start menu does not come up, nor does click in search or right-click context menus Windows 11 user, new user created allows. Clicking on "start" menu does nothing, clicking and attempting to type in search also does not allow input, right-click on icons and apps does...
  3. Click on start menu does not come up, nor does click in search or right-click context menus...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Click on start menu does not come up, nor does click in search or right-click context menus...: Click on start menu does not come up, nor does click in search or right-click context menus Windows 11 user, new user created allows. Clicking on "start" menu does nothing, clicking and attempting to type in search also does not allow input, right-click on icons and apps does...
  4. Start menu keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu keeps popping up: Past 4 days my start menu keeps popping up on my screen and closes by itself every second. I have tried every solution I have found online, I am using a regular pc with a mouse and keyboard, no touch pad. I have unplugged my keyboard just to watch it keep happening, reset my...
  5. Uninstalled apps coming up in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalled apps coming up in start menu: I've recently uninstalled and reinstalled a program, battle.net , and now when I search in the start menu for it, the old icon pops up above the newly installed one. The old icon does nothing when I click on it, and it also doesn't have the battlenet icon, it's just a generic...
  6. Emergency! My search box keeps popping up when I click on the start menu of windows key.

in Cortana
    Emergency! My search box keeps popping up when I click on the start menu of windows key.: I have an Hp laptop, Version 2004. I messed around with the registry, then this happened. I had a registry backup, but it just did not work. So when i open my start menu, my search bar pops up. Please help. I really am tensed. And don't tell something very difficult please....
  7. When I click the start menu, this pops up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I click the start menu, this pops up: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/teamclark07 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzc5o3/when_i_click_the_start_menu_this_pops_up/
  8. after logging on start menu wont come up

in Windows 10 Customization
    after logging on start menu wont come up: start menu wont come up tried everything possible but no luck can anyone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-logging-on-start-menu-wont-come-up/62cc0f23-f7dc-463e-88bb-06603d351178
  9. Search box keeps popping up when I open the Start menu.

in Cortana
    Search box keeps popping up when I open the Start menu.: Just like the title says, the search box keeps popping up on top of the Start menu when I click the Start button or tap the Windows key. This is most likely to happen when the Start menu has refreshed itself (like after Windows startup or after closing a game). I've tried...
  10. Deleted files keep coming up in Start Menu search results

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted files keep coming up in Start Menu search results: Many times when I search from the Start Menu, results come up for files that have been deleted or moved but the old path is listed in the results (so that clicking it throws me a "File cannot be found" type error). I first noticed this when I moved a folder of PDF manuals...