Windows 10: The Start Screen After Clean Installing 1903

Discus and support The Start Screen After Clean Installing 1903 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I clean installed 1903 and the start full screen background is now solid "gray." Under all the settings for Background/Color/Start I do not see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by The SandS, Jun 23, 2019.

1. The SandS Win User

The Start Screen After Clean Installing 1903

I clean installed 1903 and the start full screen background is now solid "gray."

Under all the settings for Background/Color/Start I do not see anything to change the background for the start screen... I also do not know why it is gray. I messed around with the colors - but nothing changed the background from solid gray. Did this happen because I did a clean install as opposed to just updating this computer? Or is this something that has changed in version 1903? If there is a way to fix this I would love to know how. I do not want to update another machine until I know how to fix this.

Any clarity or feedback would be appreciated! Thank you!!

:)

The SandS, Jun 23, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jun 23, 2019
  4. The Start Screen After Clean Installing 1903

PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

The Start Screen After Clean Installing 1903

1. The Start Screen After Clean Installing 1903 - Similar Threads - Start Screen Clean

2. is there a way to do a clean install in 2004 like fresh start in 1903 ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there a way to do a clean install in 2004 like fresh start in 1903 ?: iirc the fresh start was different in that instead of just wiping the windows installation, it actually downloaded a latest copy of windows and installed that while wiping everything (or keeping personal files). I see that option is gone now and only the Reset is there. Does...
  3. File Association error with no filename. Started after a reimage. Clean install 1903. Any...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Association error with no filename. Started after a reimage. Clean install 1903. Any...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thakingpin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gl7qnt/file_association_error_with_no_filename_started/
  4. Windows won't start after installing 1903.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't start after installing 1903.: To prepare for Ubuntu dual-boot I put the SSD in AHCI mode instead of RAID and disabled Secure Boot. That worked well, and the computer has behaved normally. After installing "2019-08 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1903" I have issues. On boot I'm told to enter...
  5. clean install of 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clean install of 1903: hi joydeep sir i did clean install of 1903 by chatting with micrsooft techs today and after i did clean install of 1903 today i activate windows and start check for windows update and while updating windows my few updates for windows 10 1903 got failed so i ran update...
  6. clean install of 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clean install of 1903: hi joydeep sir i forgot to disconnect my internet during windows installation of 1903 ,so just asking will it have any issue as i forgot to disconnect my internet.i am using windows 10 home sl 64 bit 1903...
  7. Cannot get a clean start on 1903

Cannot get a clean start on 1903: cannot get clean windows 10 1903 64 bit as bsod system service exception. Each time I go for an iso bsod. No changes in my system for a long time,so its not a hardware or software problem. Its looking like a total wipe of the hard drive....
  8. Clean install Windows 10 1903

Clean install Windows 10 1903: Is there a problem with the Clean Install method with 1903? I have read about problems with USB flash drives and another one I read was some problem with SD cards. Can you clean install Windows 10 1903 using a USB flash drive? And what is the SD card issue? My Pc does have an...
  9. Clean Install 1903 with USB stick

Clean Install 1903 with USB stick: Hello. If I try to clean install 1903 with just the installation USB stick attached to my laptop, will I run into this? "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10" error on a computer that has a USB device or SD card attached Does anyone know if the 1903 ISO has been...
  10. Black screen after clean install

Black screen after clean install: Hi, i recently install Windows 10, search updates and install it, so Windows update install the drivers for my gtx 1060, later i restart the pc and a black screen show with only the mouse pointer... I went crazy and now i format all again... I try to install the nvidia...