Windows 10: The StartUp Tab in Task Manager is only showing two files.

Discus and support The StartUp Tab in Task Manager is only showing two files. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'd just like to say that I've read a similar thread to mine a few seconds ago. I have tried running SFC but it is not working. The only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sh4ttered, Feb 25, 2021.

1. sh4ttered Win User

The StartUp Tab in Task Manager is only showing two files.

Hello, I'd just like to say that I've read a similar thread to mine a few seconds ago.

I have tried running SFC but it is not working.

The only files showing up in the Start Up page in Task Manager, even though more programs actually launch.

I'd like to disable them, but I cannot. Since the only programs that pop-up in StartUp are:

Twitch

ShareX

In settings the page is completely blank, except for the white text saying " Po Spuštění " Start up.

I have no idea what to do, I'd appreciatte every bit of help. Because it's been really getting on my nerves lately.

I hope I can fix this somehow with the help of you guys.

:)

sh4ttered, Feb 25, 2021

2. Task Manager - Startup tab

Actually, I like your suggestion as a first step.

Unchecking the wrong thing in Autoruns can brick a system.

OldNavyGuy, Feb 25, 2021
  3. dotmarty Win User
    Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Feb 25, 2021
  4. mad4some Win User

Startup tab in Task Manager empty??

Hello, I've been on 10 Home since the 29th (Lenovo Flex 2 laptop) and my Task Manager > Startup tab is empty. I have all the programs on my pc that were on it before the upgrade (from 8.1) and I have added a few since then but the startup page just has a greyed out "there are no startup items to display" showing. I just recently installed Chrome and I'm certain that it should be there. Anybody have this??? Comments/ideas please, thanks Mark

BUMP! can someone check there startup tab in Task manager and see if it lists any programs with the enable/disable option like in 8/8.1

mad4some, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

1. The StartUp Tab in Task Manager is only showing two files. - Similar Threads - StartUp Tab Task

2. Nothing Showing On Startup Tab In Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing Showing On Startup Tab In Task Manager: So recently I went into Task Manager to see if there are any unimportant apps that are opening on startup and when I went into the startup tab nothing appears there and it says that "there are no startup items to display" which is totally wrong because I do have a few apps...
  3. Task Manager - Startup tab

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager - Startup tab: I found these 3 entries and am wondering why when I right click, the "Open file location" and "Properties" are greyed out. Hoping someone can help me find out what these are win10 version 2004 Thanks Richard [img] 169438
  4. Program on Task Manager Startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Program on Task Manager Startup tab: I wanted to disable a few startup programs and there is a program called "Program" with blank paper icon: [img] What is it? Could it be some sort of malware / virus? Thanks! 143714
  5. Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager: I recently discovered that the apps I set to run on startup were not open, I had to run them manually. Thought it was a fluke but it happened the next day. I thought, no problem, I'll just open up the task manager startup tab... and then I discovered that the programs I want...
  6. Task manager/startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager/startup tab: I'm getting ready to clone a SSD and replace the HDD on an older laptop running Win 10 1809 on a core i7-5720M with 8 GB ram. I've cleaned it up best I know how short of running sfc /scannow... which I'm getting ready to do before the clone. I'm curious what the BIOS time...
  7. Task Manager shows two Wi-Fi connections in Preformance Tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Manager shows two Wi-Fi connections in Preformance Tab: Hi all, I recently noted that task manager shows two Wi-Fi connections. One is my Wi-Fi router and second is is showing Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2. Why it is showing like this? and for what purpose it is showing? any help would be better. [ATTACH]...
  8. Only few items in my Startup tab in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only few items in my Startup tab in Task Manager: So I've just upgraded from 7 to 10 and now there are only 3 items (OneDrive, something for my touchpad and something from vimicro). This means that I my sound does not work as well as like Intel RST, the battery software and much more. I have tried to enable stuff from...
  9. Startup tab in Task Manager empty??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup tab in Task Manager empty??: Hello, I've been on 10 Home since the 29th (Lenovo Flex 2 laptop) and my Task Manager > Startup tab is empty. I have all the programs on my pc that were on it before the upgrade (from 8.1) and I have added a few since then but the startup page just has a greyed out "there are...
  10. Two 'Windows host process (Rundll32)' on Startup tab in Task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Two 'Windows host process (Rundll32)' on Startup tab in Task manager: As the title: I noticed Windows startup was slow, so I wanted to disable some startup apps, and noticed there are 2 Windows host process (Rundll32) - each of them has Startup impact: medium Is one of them a malware? 69586