Windows 10: The static library size of wxwidget got increased when compiled with Visual 2015 in release...

Discus and support The static library size of wxwidget got increased when compiled with Visual 2015 in release... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, We are migrating our application from 32-bit visual studio 2008 to 64-bit visual studio 2015, project dependency is 3rd party library wxwidget.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kunal Yadav (Kunal.Yadav), Mar 19, 2019.

1. The static library size of wxwidget got increased when compiled with Visual 2015 in release...

Hi,

We are migrating our application from 32-bit visual studio 2008 to 64-bit visual studio 2015, project dependency is 3rd party library wxwidget. When compiled wxwidget with visual studio 2015 for 64-bit, i am seeing a huge difference in created static lib both in release and debug mode compare to visual studio 2008 library.

Could you please point out what would be the reason for the same? what configuration i might be missing?

Regards

Kunal

:)

Kunal Yadav (Kunal.Yadav), Mar 19, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft Released Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 CTP

Source: Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 CTP | The Visual Studio Blog

Brink, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Altheo Win User
    compiled programs in Visual Studio 2015 Community are invisible

I have the same problem.
    I work with Visual Studio 2015, Windows 10.
    When I compile a C++ program, with Visual Studio, it doesn't work anymore. The .exe file generated stays opened in "system", and blocks the execution.
    The .exe files that I compiled a week ago work fine. But when I recompile the same code and it frozes.

I'm not sure, but I suspect Windows 10 updates to be responsible...

Altheo, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

The static library size of wxwidget got increased when compiled with Visual 2015 in release...

Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 Released November 30th 2015

Source: Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 | Release Notes

Downloads:

Brink, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

The static library size of wxwidget got increased when compiled with Visual 2015 in release...

1. The static library size of wxwidget got increased when compiled with Visual 2015 in release... - Similar Threads - static library size

2. Compile Visual Basic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compile Visual Basic: Im trying to compile a vb file in the command prompt. Its a simple hello word script to test it out. But I get an error:C:\Users\Me\Documents\IT\vb>vbc helloworld.vbMicrosoft R Visual Basic Compiler version 9.0.30729.9141Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights...
  3. Compile Visual Basic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compile Visual Basic: Im trying to compile a vb file in the command prompt. Its a simple hello word script to test it out. But I get an error:C:\Users\Me\Documents\IT\vb>vbc helloworld.vbMicrosoft R Visual Basic Compiler version 9.0.30729.9141Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights...
  4. Compile Visual Basic

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Compiling netstandard2 libraries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compiling netstandard2 libraries: Is there a version other than .net core 2.0 SDK which can be used to compile assemblies which have reference to netstandard20 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compiling-netstandard2-libraries/22d81c48-aca2-4415-a7d8-d5ff143729b0
  6. Compiling netstandard2 libraries

Compiling netstandard2 libraries: Is there a version other than .net core 2.0 SDK which can be used to compile assemblies which have reference to netstandard20 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compiling-netstandard2-libraries/22d81c48-aca2-4415-a7d8-d5ff143729b0
  7. compiled programs in Visual Studio 2015 Community are invisible

compiled programs in Visual Studio 2015 Community are invisible: VS always freezes if I run application then I can see application run in task manager but I can't see window and I can't terminate this process. Programs compiled in Visual Studio 2015 which worked a week ago now won't work too- same problem. Other 3rd party programs works...
  8. Microsoft Released Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 CTP

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Released Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 CTP: Today we released Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 CTP. Our focus for this release has been stability and performance, along with responding to feedback you’ve given us on Visual Studio 2015 RTM and Update 1. Here are the biggest things you’ll find in this update: Fixes for...
  9. Release Dates and Compatibility: Visual Studio 2015 and the Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Release Dates and Compatibility: Visual Studio 2015 and the Windows 10: July will be a big month for developers with the releases of Visual Studio 2015, Windows 10, and the Universal Windows App Development Tools, which includes the Windows 10 SDK. The purpose of this post is to make you aware of the key dates and some things to keep in mind with...
  10. Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 Released November 30th 2015

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 Released November 30th 2015: Today, we are happy to announce the release of Visual Studio 2015 Update 1. This release includes our latest feature and functionality updates. Download: Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 To learn more about the most recent version of TFS, see the Team Foundation Server...