Windows 10: The storage option in settings is showing different space occupied that the actual amount.

Discus and support The storage option in settings is showing different space occupied that the actual amount. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Here's the screenshot of the settings tab:It is showing 124 gb occupied but the actual amount is lesser than that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GarvitSaika, Jun 4, 2023.

1. The storage option in settings is showing different space occupied that the actual amount.

Here's the screenshot of the settings tab:It is showing 124 gb occupied but the actual amount is lesser than that

:)

GarvitSaika, Jun 4, 2023
  2. locked Win User

Storage showing as double the actual SSD size

Running Windows 10 Home 20H2 (Build 19042.964) on an AMD based Windows Surface Laptop 4 with 512GB SSD.

Even though it has a 512GB SDD as confirmed by both disk management and file explorer, settings -> system -> Storage reports the size as 951GB! I have searched but struggling to discover how to get it to report the real size.

Per the image below it shows
    • 553GB used - bigger than the size of the SDD
      519GB in system & reserved

The storage option in settings is showing different space occupied that the actual amount. 331831d1620463824t-storage-showing-double-actual-ssd-size-capture.png

System and reserved breaks down per this screenshot

The storage option in settings is showing different space occupied that the actual amount. 331832d1620464039t-storage-showing-double-actual-ssd-size-capture2.png

Have tried various options including disk cleanup, SFC and DSIM to get it to report the correct size but to no avail. Any suggestions on how to correct this much appreciated?

locked, Jun 4, 2023
  3. Geosammy Win User
    Show storage space in This PC

Thanks for this suggestion.
    Resetting the folder view options to default didn't bring up the storage bars for any of my drives.
    No matter what view I set it as, the storage bare still doesn't show. Even after setting the folder view options to default.
    The storage option in settings is showing different space occupied that the actual amount. 76007d1485966100t-show-storage-space-pc-question.gif

Geosammy, Jun 4, 2023
  4. The storage option in settings is showing different space occupied that the actual amount.

Show storage space in This PC

Make sure you have the "Tiles" option selected in the "View" tab.

The storage option in settings is showing different space occupied that the actual amount. 75697d1485965985t-show-storage-space-pc-capture.jpg

joeypent69, Jun 4, 2023
Thema:

The storage option in settings is showing different space occupied that the actual amount.

1. The storage option in settings is showing different space occupied that the actual amount. - Similar Threads - storage option settings

2. The storage option in settings is showing different space occupied that the actual amount.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The storage option in settings is showing different space occupied that the actual amount.: Here's the screenshot of the settings tab:It is showing 124 gb occupied but the actual amount is lesser than that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-storage-option-in-settings-is-showing/e828779e-b6f0-4920-8b9d-916aabaf08df
  3. Storage is not showing the correct amount.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage is not showing the correct amount.: I am trying to install Warzone from the Battle.net launcher. My SSD says there is more than enough space to install it but it stopped around 90% and said the disc was full. I uninstalled it and tried installing Apex Legends with steam this time but the same thing happened, it...
  4. Storage is not showing the correct amount.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage is not showing the correct amount.: I am trying to install Warzone from the Battle.net launcher. My SSD says there is more than enough space to install it but it stopped around 90% and said the disc was full. I uninstalled it and tried installing Apex Legends with steam this time but the same thing happened, it...
  5. Storage is not showing the correct amount.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Storage Spaces not allowing full amount of drive space

Storage Spaces not allowing full amount of drive space: Good Afternoon, I have a fresh install of Win 10, version 10.0.19041. Attached to this system are 12x 12TB SATA drives. 4 of these are attached direct via internal SATA headers, and the other 8 are connected to an LSI 9300-8i card. I can see all 12 of the drives using disk...
  7. shown storage space usage is not the really used storage amount

shown storage space usage is not the really used storage amount: Hi there, I switched from winbtrfs to windows storage spaces. I have 4 drives for them and firstly attached 2 drives, copied data to it and then attached the other 2 drives and optimized the storage to equal the storage usage over the 4 drives. Unfortunately the blocks...
  8. Storage Spaces does not show "Change" option

Storage Spaces does not show "Change" option: After my Storage pool filled up, I was able to successfully add new drives, but the new "pool capacity" which does reflect in "Storage Spaces" 38.1TB does not reflect in Windows Explorer still showing 14.5TB. After searching online, I learned that this is likely because...
  9. Storage spaces showing more used than actual

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Storage spaces showing more used than actual: I am working on tearing down my storage space because it wouldn't allow me to add more drives. Currently I have removed files from it yet it still shows full capacity. SS says using 55.8 TB file explorer shows only 44.2 TB used. How do I resolve this? submitted by...
  10. Storage shows more space than it actually has

Storage shows more space than it actually has: My Windows 10 partition C: actually has 49.2GB and the Recovery 1.26GB, so together 50.46GB. But, the Storage says, it has 233GB and 224GB as used. I've no idea, from where Storage gets such info. Does anyone know, how to correct this? Thanks!...