Windows 10: The " storage service" and the "windows search index" stop randomly

Discus and support The " storage service" and the "windows search index" stop randomly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried to rebuild the search index but it didn't help it still stops randomly. Also the storage service stops a lot when i try to download from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MortexAG, Sep 7, 2020.

1. The " storage service" and the "windows search index" stop randomly

I tried to rebuild the search index but it didn't help it still stops randomly.

Also the storage service stops a lot when i try to download from the store it gives me error because of it.

I have to turn them on manually even when i make their startup type automatic they stop

submitted by /u/MortexAG
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MortexAG, Sep 7, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Windows Search / Indexing Stops Completing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Windows Search
    • Restart the services and set the service as Automatic
    If the issue persist try performing Rebuilding Index again.

To rebuild the index follow the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
    • Open Indexing Options in the Control Panel.
    • Select the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
    • Select Rebuild in the Troubleshooting section of the Advanced Options window.
    • Select OK when it asks if you’re sure you want to re-build the search index.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

The " storage service" and the "windows search index" stop randomly

After latest update, indexing and its services are stopped

Hi Sonu,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows 10 includes powerful system-wide search functionality that lets us quickly find files and data by Start screen search. Rebuilding the index from scratch can fix the index corruption issues.

You may try the steps listed below and check if it works.

Run the in-built troubleshooter:

• Open ‘Control Panel’ and change view to ‘Small icons’.
    • Click on ‘Troubleshooting’ and choose ‘View All’ on the left pane.
    • Select ’Search and Indexing’ and allow the troubleshooter to run.

Restart ‘Windows Search’ service:

• Press Win + R keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog and type the following into the Run box: services.msc
    This will bring up the list of services running on the PC.

• Scroll down and look for ‘Windows Search’ entry.
    • Restart the service and set it to ‘Automatic’ from ‘Properties’.

Rebuild the search index:

• Open ‘Control Panel’ and change view to ‘Small icons’.
    • Click on ‘Indexing Options’ and choose ‘Advanced options’.
    • Select ‘Rebuild’ next to ‘Delete and rebuild index’ under ‘Index settings’.
    • Click on ‘OK’ when the confirmation box pops up.

Hope it helps,

Junaid_A, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

The " storage service" and the "windows search index" stop randomly

1. The " storage service" and the "windows search index" stop randomly - Similar Threads - storage service search

2. Windows Search service stopping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search service stopping: HI,I have using windows 11 and few days ago facing issue with search option in outlook.After investigating the problem I have get into notice that windows search service is stopping, because of that indexing option getting stopped.Please help me with the solution....
  3. Windows Search service stopping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search service stopping: HI,I have using windows 11 and few days ago facing issue with search option in outlook.After investigating the problem I have get into notice that windows search service is stopping, because of that indexing option getting stopped.Please help me with the solution....
  4. Search Index / Windows Search 'Stopping'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Index / Windows Search 'Stopping': I need some help getting my Search Index turned onThe Search Index has turned itself offI can't turn it back on because the Windows Search constantly says 'Stopping' and I don't have any of the options availableThe Search Index location is also blank...
  5. Search Index / Windows Search 'Stopping'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Index / Windows Search 'Stopping': I need some help getting my Search Index turned onThe Search Index has turned itself offI can't turn it back on because the Windows Search constantly says 'Stopping' and I don't have any of the options availableThe Search Index location is also blank...
  6. Search Index / Windows Search 'Stopping'

in Cortana
  7. Searching Index was turned off. Windows Index/Search Service missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Searching Index was turned off. Windows Index/Search Service missing.: Good day!I have no idea why but my "Searching Index was turned off". When I try entering advanced settings, it says index is not running. I am not able to click anything else other than Advanced. In advanced, I also cannot press nothing other than rebuild index. I have tried...
  8. Searching Index was turned off. Index Service missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Searching Index was turned off. Index Service missing.: Good day!I have no idea why but my "Searching Index was turned off". When I try entering advanced settings, it says index is not running. I am not able to click anything else other than Advanced. In advanced, I also cannot press nothing other than rebuild index. I have tried...
  9. The " storage service" and the "windows search index" stop randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The " storage service" and the "windows search index" stop randomly: I tried to rebuild the search index but it didn't help it still stops randomly. Also the storage service stops a lot when i try to download from the store it gives me error because of it. I have to turn them on manually even when i make their startup type automatic they...
  10. Disable Indexing Service\Windows Search

in Cortana
    Disable Indexing Service\Windows Search: Several people have told me I should do this to help my SSD. How do I do this? "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe." John Muir...