Windows 10: The store fails to upgrade to Windows 10 pro

Discus and support The store fails to upgrade to Windows 10 pro in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; The page says purchase, I click the box and a window pups up and goes away. So I am stopped doing more to purchase 10 Pro. Never had this problem... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by KenWeberXR, Aug 20, 2019.

1. The store fails to upgrade to Windows 10 pro

The page says purchase, I click the box and a window pups up and goes away. So I am stopped doing more to purchase 10 Pro. Never had this problem before. I don't block popups in my browser (Chrome).

Thanks

Ken

:)

KenWeberXR, Aug 20, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Aug 20, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

The store fails to upgrade to Windows 10 pro

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

The store fails to upgrade to Windows 10 pro

1. The store fails to upgrade to Windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - store fails upgrade

2. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store: Got a new laptop that comes with Windows 10 Home(activated). I just bought the upgrade for Windows 10 Pro. After installation, the version that i have now is Windows 10 Enterprise instead. It's not activated and I can't even activate it nor run the troubleshooter....
  3. Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Home from Microsoft Store fails ...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Home from Microsoft Store fails ...: Hello, I am trying to upgrade/activate Windows 10 Pro that I purchased through the Microsoft Store for my Acer Aspire Laptop that had come with Windows 10 Home OEM installed. I am able to download the files and Windows performs the upgrade after a couple of minutes and a...
  4. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro failed to activate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro failed to activate: I have been running Windows 10 Home on my Dell XPS8700 PC for over a year, but I decided to upgrade to the Pro version. I used the link in the settings under Activation and it took me to the Microsoft Store. I paid the upgrade fee and it seemed to upgrade no problem. But when...
  5. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade FAILS

Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade FAILS: Hi, I bought a new laptop - running Windows 10 Home - and removed all the softwares that came with it. Then I bought from the Microsoft Store an upgrade to Pro. The upgrade installs, reboots, and when it come back, I've got this message: "We couldn't complete the upgrade,...
  6. Upgrade to windows 10 pro failed

Upgrade to windows 10 pro failed: i received an update today, and decided to also check the update history, which i i found there Upgrade to windows 10 pro failed problem.. sorry, but i do not remember the error code... i went and looked for a fix.. where i found one.. where i've been told to activate FixIt!...
  7. Upgrade To Windows 10 Pro Failing

Upgrade To Windows 10 Pro Failing: I reserved windows 10 and I was waiting for it to download. Wondered why it was not downloading and went to windows update then view update history. Windows 10 pro upgrade had failed multiple times. All other updates work on windows. 10122
  8. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Failed

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Failed: I have 4 failures in my update history... why? 9238
  9. upgrade to windows 10 pro failed

upgrade to windows 10 pro failed: upgrade to windows 10 pro failed on my win 7 ultimate desktop this has happened 14 times over last 2 days anyone else having this problem [img] 9912
  10. Failed Windows 10 upgrade, where are data files stored?

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed Windows 10 upgrade, where are data files stored?: Hi, Trying to help out a friend who has lost all of his data after a Windows 10 upgrade failure (power was lost to the machine during upgrade). I am not trying to fix his machine, my main concern is to recover all of his data. I have removed the hard drive and have...