Windows 10: The Store wants me to log in even though I'm using a Microsot Account

Discus and support The Store wants me to log in even though I'm using a Microsot Account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I log into my work laptop with my Microsoft Account.I go to the Microsoft Store and it shows the correct mail address.But when trying to install an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Matthias Schnieders, Nov 25, 2021.

1. The Store wants me to log in even though I'm using a Microsot Account

I log into my work laptop with my Microsoft Account.I go to the Microsoft Store and it shows the correct mail address.But when trying to install an App, it asks me to "log in"?And when I try to use the above mentioned mail adress, it says the account doesn't exist.Creating one also doesn't work, it says I can't use a "school or work mail". What?I don't understand, I've definetly used the store to download the exact same app before, why doesn't it work anymore?And why do I have to use the d#mn store in the first place, just give me the .exe!

:)

Matthias Schnieders, Nov 25, 2021
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Nov 25, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Vesao Win User

The Store wants me to log in even though I'm using a Microsot Account

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

The Store wants me to log in even though I'm using a Microsot Account

1. The Store wants me to log in even though I'm using a Microsot Account - Similar Threads - Store wants log

2. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected: Howdy. About two weeks ago, my internet to my windows 10 stopped working. I use Ubuntu 20.04 and have Windows 10 running through my Vmware 16 player. I've tried connecting NAT, Bridge, and Host with Vmware with no luck. I've even flushed the Windows system with no luck. Any...
  3. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected: Howdy. About two weeks ago, my internet to my windows 10 stopped working. I use Ubuntu 20.04 and have Windows 10 running through my Vmware 16 player. I've tried connecting NAT, Bridge, and Host with Vmware with no luck. I've even flushed the Windows system with no luck. Any...
  4. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Error 0x803F8001 even though I'm logged into the correct account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x803F8001 even though I'm logged into the correct account: After downloading Minecraft, Java Edition, Error 0x803F8001 popped up saying I wasn't logged into the Microsoft store. I then logged in, to the correct account, trust me, I checked several times, and it still didn't open for the exact same reason. Help?...
  6. Error 0x803F8001 even though I'm logged into the correct account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x803F8001 even though I'm logged into the correct account: After downloading Minecraft, Java Edition, Error 0x803F8001 popped up saying I wasn't logged into the Microsoft store. I then logged in, to the correct account, trust me, I checked several times, and it still didn't open for the exact same reason. Help?...
  7. The Store wants me to log in even though I'm using a Microsot Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The Store wants me to log in even though I'm using a Microsot Account: I log into my work laptop with my Microsoft Account.I go to the Microsoft Store and it shows the correct mail address.But when trying to install an App, it asks me to "log in"?And when I try to use the above mentioned mail adress, it says the account doesn't exist.Creating...
  8. The Store wants me to log in even though I'm using a Microsot Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Store wants me to log in even though I'm using a Microsot Account: I log into my work laptop with my Microsoft Account.I go to the Microsoft Store and it shows the correct mail address.But when trying to install an App, it asks me to "log in"?And when I try to use the above mentioned mail adress, it says the account doesn't exist.Creating...
  9. Cannot log into PC using windows account/password even though the account/password works on...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot log into PC using windows account/password even though the account/password works on...: Cannot log into PC using windows account/password even though the account/password works on other devices Have reset password and can log onto my laptop. The same account is used on my son's PC and we keep getting an "incorrect password" error. We log into safe mode,...
  10. Unable to log into Admin account even though no password was created

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to log into Admin account even though no password was created: Good day all I followed these instructions this morning to try to install software for my wifi adapter that windows 10 keeps on blocking. Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums[1]=User%20Accounts I logged out of my local account, then...