Windows 10: The strangest audio issue - maybe someone here can help?

Discus and support The strangest audio issue - maybe someone here can help? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm not sure i'm posing this question in the right place so feel free to tell me to go to another sub with it if there's somewhere else I might find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TextSeveral, Jan 23, 2021.

1. The strangest audio issue - maybe someone here can help?

I'm not sure i'm posing this question in the right place so feel free to tell me to go to another sub with it if there's somewhere else I might find answers.

That said, I've connected my PC running Windows 10 with the latest updates installed to my Sony Bravia x900f and i'm using the TV as a monitor connected via HDMI. When I use the setup directly (sitting at the keyboard in front of the tv) I get no sound whatsoever. I spent hours last night looking up what might be the cause, potential solutions, and I think i've tried just about everything I could find. I tried everything suggested by the Microsoft support site. Nothing works. I've set the default audio device to the Sony TV. I've updated all the drivers. I've restarted the system.

When I right click the speaker icon there are no "playback devices" in the context menu.

The thing is, when I connect to the same PC from my other desktop via remote desktop software, the TV plays sound. When I connect from my laptop using the same software - I get sound on my laptop streaming from the PC. When I stream from my Emby server installed on the desktop directly - I get sound.

I just don't get sound from a direct connection. That is to say, if I were to navigate to youtube and play a video directly in the browser, I wouldn't get any audio - yet i'll get audio coming from the TV if I do the exact same thing from my other desktop running remote software. I hope i'm describing the issue adequately.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Or is my PC possessed?

submitted by /u/TextSeveral
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TextSeveral, Jan 23, 2021

2. Audio not working! Need Help!!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I suggest you to go to the below link, select appropriate Windows operating system and download the audio driver and install same.

http://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/580/0/5/0gOdr7OTSYtNTbh2/45/

Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Audio 'dip' issue with Windows 10

Hi Elliot,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

We are sorry to know that you have issues while listening to certain audios.

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method1: I suggest you to run an audio troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method2: Uncheck the enhancement feature in sound options.

• Press X from the key board and select control panel.
    • Select sounds under control panel.
    • Go to advance setting and uncheck the enhancement feature and check if that helps.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be

Sudharshan M K, Jan 23, 2021
  4. The strangest audio issue - maybe someone here can help?

Audio Issues and Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

According to the issue description, the issue is related to audio recording. I suggest you to try troubleshooting recording audio and check if it helps:

I suggest you to run the Recording Audio
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Recording Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist, try installing audio driver in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the audio driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information helps. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

The strangest audio issue - maybe someone here can help?

1. The strangest audio issue - maybe someone here can help? - Similar Threads - strangest audio issue

2. Can someone help me with this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone help me with this issue?: Today I started my PC and on the lock screen it showed 'Preparing Windows'. After it loaded, the Windows was completely formatted, all my files and apps were missing! Idk what happened. I haven't even made a new user account or somth. I tried to press the start button and...
  3. Can someone help me with this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help me with this issue?: Today I started my PC and on the lock screen it showed 'Preparing Windows'. After it loaded, the Windows was completely formatted, all my files and apps were missing! Idk what happened. I tried to press the start button and search button but none worked. I restarted my laptop...
  4. is there someone here who can help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there someone here who can help me: my microsoft account was logout from my windows and I did lost all of my files and apps that were on my desctop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-someone-here-who-can-help-me/cd4b132b-ab59-4317-85d5-4e01c5162392
  5. is there someone here who can help me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there someone here who can help me: my microsoft account was logout from my windows and I did lost all of my files and apps that were on my desctop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-someone-here-who-can-help-me/cd4b132b-ab59-4317-85d5-4e01c5162392
  6. Maybe someone here can help me with missing files from my Sims game? Yea, desperate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Maybe someone here can help me with missing files from my Sims game? Yea, desperate: To start, I have windows 10 on my dell laptop. So here’s some backstory: I’ve been playing the sims 4 since it came out so almost 5-6 years now. I have never had something like this happen. The game has a mod folder, in that folder I made sub folders for custom content such...
  7. Maybe someone can help me with my BSOD's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Maybe someone can help me with my BSOD's: Good day or evening.. so in the past 2-3 Weeks i would say i had lots and lots of Blue Screens, not just the normal type, i actually didn't do anything on my PC and it crashed all of a sudden with different reasons Windows 10 and i am really afraid that after not even a...
  8. Maybe someone here will help

Maybe someone here will help: submitted by /u/theubusu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/grt5wa/maybe_someone_here_will_help/
  9. Maybe someone can help me

Maybe someone can help me: I have a ssd where my windows is on and my hdd. I discovered today that there were some random folders on my hdd. I cleaned some of them which didnt make sense, but there were 2 folders system and system64. Anyone know why they are there? There was also some thing called Mono...
  10. sfc dism dismal - maybe this can help someone else

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc dism dismal - maybe this can help someone else: Tried an in-place upgrade from 1803 to 1903 but it kept failing with "...failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation". Uninstalled anti-virus and several other old tools. Updated all drivers and BIOS/UEFI. Still same error. sfc couldn't fix...