Windows 10: The strangest thing i ever saw on my pc. Thank you Microsoft...

Discus and support The strangest thing i ever saw on my pc. Thank you Microsoft... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hey guys, i put this here for everyone to read, but it should be in Updates etc. I posted a thread in Updates & Software, no luck, but i had (see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jeffrys, Apr 23, 2016.

1. jeffrys Win User

The strangest thing i ever saw on my pc. Thank you Microsoft...

hey guys,

i put this here for everyone to read, but it should be in Updates etc.

I posted a thread in Updates & Software, no luck, but i had (see pic) a blue screen of death when trying to update to build 14316 (hope i am right here), was on build 14295.

When updating to build 14316, some 5-6 times, always i did got the BSOD. This was not funny because my 2 IOFX SSD's needed, everytime, a consistency check.

A search on the net gave me "or a memory problem or a disk problem". So i ran the memory check which is inside Windows 10, but no luck. A chkdsk, no luck either.

Got into the bios and my memory had dropped from 2400MHZ to 1333MHZ, so maybe a memory problem, so wanted to remove 2 of the 4 sticks.

So today Sunday around 11 AM i removed my pc from under my desk to remove 2 memory stick (have 4) to see if this helped.

Wanted to install 14328 and skip 14316.

Then i saw that the airflow to go outside the pc was totally blocked by dust....

My bad, i know, so opened the pc and cleaned everything.

I tried a reset pc no luck, nothing on the computer to reset, i tried to install a previous version...no luck either, there is nothing on the pc.

My recovery that i make one in a while was gone too.

Left the pc open, and tried to install Build 14328 and then....right i did get the same message as in the pic hereby and since i did not remove any memory stick yet, i wanted to do that whenever the previous build was reinstalled again.

i tried "a reset pc" no luck, nothing on the computer to reset, i tried to "install a previous version.." no luck either, there is nothing on the pc.

My recovery that i make one in a while was gone too...

My god...so the computer restarted on install 61% step 2 and strangly enough updates went on further as if nothing happened.

Then on step 3 a restart and yes, AGAIN concistency check on the 2 drives.

But strangly enough updates went on and on and finally i got Build 14328.

This is very strange, but happened.

So i am very happy and cannot thank Microsoft enough for pulling this one through.

I never saw such a thing before, but "KUDOS" for Microsoft.

Jeff

:)

jeffrys, Apr 23, 2016

2. Quickoffice for C5-03

Thank you for your suggestion of Smart Office. Appartently it is on sale now for $0.99. I tried to ordred it on line and it has been over an hour now that I have been waiting for a link that they send to be able to ordred on line. Strangest thing I have
    ever encountered on line.

Roboman---01, Apr 23, 2016
  3. Nokia Music won't work

Hi,

Strangest thing happened to me after i downloaded an update for nokia music. When it booted up i saw all my options as usual but then they all disappeared. I'm logged in with a nokia account but the only options I see are My Music and settings. It was working
    perfectly before the update. Any advice?

cmurph---01, Apr 23, 2016
  4. jeffrys Win User

sorry guys,

again pic i NOT uploading and cannot do anything about it, this ais a third try

Jeff
    The strangest thing i ever saw on my pc. Thank you Microsoft... [​IMG]

jeffrys, Apr 23, 2016
  5. Check the file size of your images your trying to upload. There is a maximum file size. Make sure it is the right type of file too. The rest of your post? I can't make much sense out of it?

alphanumeric, Apr 23, 2016
  6. jeffrys Win User
    Sorry Alpha,

cannot help you any further. If a simply snip cannot be uploaded....

Anyway i said it like it happened step by step.

All i said was with the BSOD i got several times, it was Microsoft who pulled me through. Which was amazing.

But thanks

Jeff

jeffrys, Apr 23, 2016
  7. Open your user control panel and go to General settings. Scroll down to "Enhanced Attachment Uploading:" Select "Enhanced Attachment Uploading off" if it isn't already and have another try. I had issues in the past and turning that off fixed it for me.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. The strangest thing i ever saw on my pc. Thank you Microsoft... - Similar Threads - strangest thing ever

2. Thank you!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thank you!: Just wanted to say thank you for the windows 10 update that hijacked my computer. I always sign in with a number and now Windows will not take the password I remember; therefore, I'm screwed. I changed my microsoft password but my computer will not recognize it. All my work...
  3. Thank you!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thank you!: Just wanted to say thank you for the windows 10 update that hijacked my computer. I always sign in with a number and now Windows will not take the password I remember; therefore, I'm screwed. I changed my microsoft password but my computer will not recognize it. All my work...
  4. Thank you, Microsoft.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thank you, Microsoft.: The morning opening of unique and striking windows photographs are often morning improvement experiences for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thank-you-microsoft/39d3d5d1-dec6-42ae-a1c4-f4f83ff296b2
  5. Thank you, Microsoft.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thank you, Microsoft.: The morning opening of unique and striking windows photographs are often morning improvement experiences for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thank-you-microsoft/39d3d5d1-dec6-42ae-a1c4-f4f83ff296b2
  6. Thank you, Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Thank you, Microsoft: I just want to say thanks. Thanks for making me go to a remote site to wake up 3 computers, where your stealth update last night November 25th 2020 for that poor excuse of a browser aka Credge and whatever stuff you updated, somehow decided to reset my sleep setting from...
  7. Thank you!!!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Thank you!!!!!: @Brink I want to thank you very much for all the help you've given me through the years. I'm sure you work very hard doing what you do for so many. The tutorials are all excellent and you run the best forum I've ever been on. Guess words are not really enough to express my...
  8. Strangest thing thats ever happened to me in windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strangest thing thats ever happened to me in windows: I am in agony right now. I built my own pc for the first time and yesterday I installed apps like photoshop, premiere pro, FL Studio and plugins, everything worked fine untill I went to bed and the next morning everything was GONE. My main folder luckily made it alive and it...
  9. Strangest install ever

Strangest install ever: I did a clean install of Windows 10 1809 using the MCT bootable USB in which I created a few months back from the official Microsoft MCT download page. Never modified the MCT bootable USB and have had several clean installs in the past. But today, during the installation...
  10. Probably the strangest case you've ever heard

Probably the strangest case you've ever heard: So I've had this issue upgrading Windows 10 getting frozen on certain % at any random time. But, this time I decided to look at my hard drive activity LED. If i move my mouse which is in the 3.0 slot which I didn't even install drivers for, the light goes on for 5-30 seconds...