Windows 10: The subtitles not working on Movies & TV app.

Discus and support The subtitles not working on Movies & TV app. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When i open subtitles files on Movies & TV app, sometimes the app display the subtitles fine and some times it's look like gibberish. The subtitle file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mustafa-Ibrahim, Apr 8, 2019.

1. The subtitles not working on Movies & TV app.

When i open subtitles files on Movies & TV app, sometimes the app display the subtitles fine and some times it's look like gibberish.
    The subtitle file works fine by the way with other programs like Media player Classic.

I'm using Windows 10 pro x64 Version: 1809 Build: 17763.

The subtitles looks like this in Movies & TV app ⬇⬇. The subtitles not working on Movies & TV app. 0aaba507-f4ab-4e7a-bc87-c6b87f34d6db?upload=true.jpg

:)

Mustafa-Ibrahim, Apr 8, 2019
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

How to Run Cyrilic Subtitles On Movies&TV ?

Hi TonyTonguc,

Thank you for the reply.

I suggest you to download the subtitles for the show or the movie and load the subtitles,
    Movies & TV app in Windows 10 supports loading external subtitles. If you are interested in loading an external subtitles file in the
    Movies & TV app on Windows 10.

1. Try downloading the subtitles for your favorite show or the movie you want to watch. It can be downloaded as a zip file. Following the download, you can save the file anywhere you want, but in
      SRT format.
    2. If you have downloaded the subtitles in a
      zipped
      file, extract them at a suitable location.
    3. Open the video in the Films & TV app and click the Speech bubble button visible just adjacent to the
      volume button. If the file has subtitles encoded, they will appear with the following option displayed –
      Choose subtitle file.
    4. Click Choose subtitle file and select the
      SRT file you downloaded. The subtitles will start appearing on your screen right away
    5. Please note that if your media file features multiple audio tracks, you can choose and switch to the desired subtitle from inside the Movies & TV app.
    6. If you would like to modify or change the audio track, click the Language button next to the
      Play/Pause button.
    7. You should observe a popup list displaying you the available channels. Click the one you want to switch to and the track will change on the fly.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Apr 8, 2019
  3. How to view movies with subtitles in the Movies&Tv app on Windows 10

How to view movies with subtitles in the Movies&Tv app on Windows 10 ????

I have many movies and the .srt file for them but I can't view subtitles on the Movies&Tv app. Other than this the app great it has really convinced me to shift from vlc but the option of playing subs??

PradyumnaHebbar, Apr 8, 2019
  4. The subtitles not working on Movies & TV app.

Windows 10 Movies & TV Subtitle Syncing

Is there an option to sync subtitles in the Windows Movies & TV app? In VLC, you can press g or h to change the subtitle timing by 50ms, is there a way to do this in Windows Movies & TV? The subtitles on my movie are appearing and disappearing a few seconds
    too soon, it gets annoying pretty fast.

Everett A., Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

The subtitles not working on Movies & TV app.

1. The subtitles not working on Movies & TV app. - Similar Threads - subtitles working Movies

2. Subtitles don't work in Movies and TV?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subtitles don't work in Movies and TV?: When a foreign language is spoken in an English movie, there are no subtitles, even with them turned on. This has happened now for several movies and is unacceptable....
  3. Subtitles don't work in Movies and TV?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Subtitles don't work in Movies and TV?: When a foreign language is spoken in an English movie, there are no subtitles, even with them turned on. This has happened now for several movies and is unacceptable....
  4. movies & tv app: movies with alien languages subtitles do not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    movies & tv app: movies with alien languages subtitles do not appear: Whenever a movie has an alienmade up language the subtitles that are automatically supposed to be shown do not appear whether I have normal subtitles turned on or off. WHY?...
  5. movies & tv app: movies with alien languages subtitles do not appear

movies & tv app: movies with alien languages subtitles do not appear: Whenever a movie has an alienmade up language the subtitles that are automatically supposed to be shown do not appear whether I have normal subtitles turned on or off. WHY?...
  6. Movies & TV app not working

Movies & TV app not working: Earlier i tried to open a video and it said this : and after i switched my default video player to another one, and it works. but how do i bring back Movies & TV, i tried to trouble shoot and it says "hanging and crashing issues" how do i fix this, please help....
  7. How to make subtitles default to "ON" in Movies & TV app on w10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make subtitles default to "ON" in Movies & TV app on w10: I have installed Movies & TV app on w10.There is option to select subtitles, but in an .mkv file, subtitles are built-in, but app's settings for subtitles default to OFF, and I have to manually select one of the listed subtitIe everytime. Also, I find that whenever the apps...
  8. How to make subtitles default to "ON" in Movies & TV app on w10

How to make subtitles default to "ON" in Movies & TV app on w10: I have installed Movies & TV app on w10.There is option to select subtitles, but in an .mkv file, subtitles are built-in, but app's settings for subtitles default to OFF, and I have to manually select one of the listed subtitIe everytime. Also, I find that whenever the apps...
  9. Movies and TV certain subtitles not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies and TV certain subtitles not working: I wanna watch this movie with the subs but everytime I open the subs through the movies and tv app, it doesn't shop up in the list of audio/subs. But when I try to open a different subtitles file it shows up in the list. I tried downloading different subs for the movie, none...
  10. Can't add subtitles in Movies and TV

Can't add subtitles in Movies and TV: I am using Movies and TV to watch videos. However, when I choose subtitle files, they do not add. They don't pop up in the subs bar. I have tried all the methods on all the other articles. These are .sub files, but even with .srt and others, I can't add subs. I do not know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 movies and tv app smart tv subtitles