Windows 10: The Success of Windows 10 X

Discus and support The Success of Windows 10 X in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Windows 10 X is an upcoming operating system intended for dual screen devices such as the Surface Neo. I believe that the OS was tested on one other... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by G_Rllns, Apr 19, 2020.

1. G_Rllns Win User

The Success of Windows 10 X

Windows 10 X is an upcoming operating system intended for dual screen devices such as the Surface Neo. I believe that the OS was tested on one other device by Lenovo not 100% sure. Anyway, I have a few things that I would like to share on how this new OS can be successful and not fail like some of the others before. Mind you, some of them are opinions.

1. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the launch of the OS is delayed. This will give Microsoft enough time to work out all the bugs and really look at what the consumers really want so that when the product is marketed, it can satisfy the needs of the intended audience. Microsoft needs this time to capitalize on this.

2. Windows 10 X should be made to be used by anyone and everyone. By this, I mean that it should be made so that can be used by business employers and employees, sports team members, doctors and nurses, and small business owners and workers. However, the list should not be limited to them. It should be made to be used by the elderly, students, people with disabilities and even little children. For example: A senior may want to say hello to his family and play a game at the same time, the device can satisfy both sets of demands at the same time without one having to close an app or hide an app to access the second one. In all fairness, this was possible with Windows RT. But RT had other flaws. Hence, it failed. Windows 10 X should be built without repeating the mistakes made with RT.

3. When marketing this new OS, it should be marketed with everyone in mind. If the strategy used is targeting businesses most of the time, the average people will be lost. As a result, the OS will not be as successful it was intended to be. If Windows 10, for example, was made to appeal strictly to businesses, none of us who don't have businesses would have been using it. Why? Because there are a lot of features that we do not really need. All we would want is a simple system suited for home use. Hence, there is Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Enterprise/Education. This does not mean that there should be an Windows 10 X Home or Windows 10 X Enterprise at least not now. But Windows 10 X should be so versatile that it can appeal to everyone in some way.

4. Apps are necessary. Regardless of the platform UWP or Win32, there need to be more apps in the Store. UWP might be better because it can work on all devices instead of having to write separate apps for the dual screen device. If the OS and the devices are intended to appeal to all, the apps need to be there. Microsoft should re-contact developers and have them develop existing apps and to return removed apps to the store.

5. The devices themselves much be useable by anyone. Even a child should be able to do a thing or two on one of these devices. For example, if a child wants to play a game and decides to play another one? Assuming the tablet is folded, all the child needs to do is flip the tablet on the other side and open another game without having to close the first one. The first one will just go into sleep mode.

There are the points I wanted to share today. If you agree or disagree with any of them, feel free to let me know. The floor is open.

:)

G_Rllns, Apr 19, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 19, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting 2 x Windows 10 OS Drives (Existing Installs)

It is uneccessary to do all of the above.
    1. Boot up Windows 10
    2. Open Disk Management and take a note of the drive letter of the other Windows 10
    3. Open Admin Command Prompt and type: bcdboot X:\Windows where X is the drive letter noted in step 2
    4. Reboot, you should have a dual boot menu.

topgundcp, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

1. The Success of Windows 10 X - Similar Threads - Success

2. How can I add her successfully back on the safety and not have those pop up messages? 2....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I add her successfully back on the safety and not have those pop up messages? 2....: Hi,I have Safety family installed on my Microsoft account organizer as well as my daughters member and the app on my phone. As my daughter wanted to buy a program she sent a request of approval. I then have received it and i was diverted to a payment option. I then added an...
  3. How can I add her successfully back on the safety and not have those pop up messages? 2....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I add her successfully back on the safety and not have those pop up messages? 2....: Hi,I have Safety family installed on my Microsoft account organizer as well as my daughters member and the app on my phone. As my daughter wanted to buy a program she sent a request of approval. I then have received it and i was diverted to a payment option. I then added an...
  4. Windows Configuration Update KB5035942 successfully installed and seems to be re-installing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Configuration Update KB5035942 successfully installed and seems to be re-installing...: I am running Windows 11 Pro version 23H2, build 22631.3447 on my personal Lenovo desktop and anywhere from several days ago to possibly a week ago I had been working on my computer and went to do some other things. When I came back, I could tell that the machine had re-booted...
  5. Windows Configuration Update KB5035942 successfully installed and seems to be re-installing...

Windows Configuration Update KB5035942 successfully installed and seems to be re-installing...: I am running Windows 11 Pro version 23H2, build 22631.3447 on my personal Lenovo desktop and anywhere from several days ago to possibly a week ago I had been working on my computer and went to do some other things. When I came back, I could tell that the machine had re-booted...
  6. How can I successfully install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892 for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I successfully install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892 for Windows 10?: I update successfully with automatic updates every month, usually with no problem. But this month, the cumulative update KB5036892 will not install. This is the message I get:Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error...
  7. How can I successfully install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892 for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I successfully install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892 for Windows 10?: I update successfully with automatic updates every month, usually with no problem. But this month, the cumulative update KB5036892 will not install. This is the message I get:Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error...
  8. How can I successfully install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892 for Windows 10?

9. update show in history as successfully downloaded but cntinues to try to download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update show in history as successfully downloaded but cntinues to try to download: How can i reset update history so the update loop stops? Or is there more than one 23 H 2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-show-in-history-as-successfully-downloaded/2971498d-bba9-48ea-b9ac-e1ddec20f9de
  10. update show in history as successfully downloaded but cntinues to try to download

update show in history as successfully downloaded but cntinues to try to download: How can i reset update history so the update loop stops? Or is there more than one 23 H 2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-show-in-history-as-successfully-downloaded/2971498d-bba9-48ea-b9ac-e1ddec20f9de