Windows 10: The system cannot find the file specified...error...no code Windows 10

Discus and support The system cannot find the file specified...error...no code Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When i try to open any document i have previously prepared and saved to any of my folders...documents, downloads etc...if the document is one i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bearcatjer, Jan 18, 2016.

1. The system cannot find the file specified...error...no code Windows 10

When i try to open any document i have previously prepared and saved to any of my folders...documents, downloads etc...if the document is one i have typed i now get the message...The system cannot find the file specified...the heading says Error but there is never an error code. This problem affect both documents i had prepared over the last 10 years as well as those i have prepared since downloading Windows 10. I dont think the problem is Windows 10 because until recently i could always open any of thes documents and edit them , print them etc. Now they wont open and i cant print them either. Any help in figuring out what is causing this and how to repair it will be appreciated . I even tried to access some documents from a flash drive and had the same result. Could it be a file extension problem?

:)

bearcatjer, Jan 18, 2016
  2. JRWO Win User

Error: The system cannot find the file specified

I am sorry for the slow response back to you. I ended up having to do a full system restore from my back up. I still don't understand why I could not extract the single file from needed from the backup instead of restoring my whole system from an older
    backup? However, I was able to retrieve the document I needed. Thank you all for you help!

3. JRWO Win User
    Error: The system cannot find the file specified

Hi Thanks for the quick reply. I was unable to restore the file to a on a different computer and admin account. Now, it appears to me that the issue might be the backup itself. While on
    a different computer I I also tried to restore a file from a different backup it worked. I am using a WD external hard drive for backups. I was able to add a file to my machine from a different backup, as well. FYI...this other backup is from a different
    machine.

Thema:

The system cannot find the file specified...error...no code Windows 10

1. The system cannot find the file specified...error...no code Windows 10 - Similar Threads - system cannot find

2. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system cannot find the file specified: I'm currently running windows 10, i just drag and drop logonui.exe to Resource Hacker, but a error saying like in the title, i attached a photo for more information...
  3. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system cannot find the file specified: I'm currently running windows 10, i just drag and drop logonui.exe to Resource Hacker, but a error saying like in the title, i attached a photo for more information...
  4. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system cannot find the file specified: When I boot my windows, this error code occurs :80070002. The script says that the system cannot find the file run.vbs. I have no idea what caused this. I have windows 11 on my laptop. Can you help me resolve this issue?...
  6. Error: The system cannot find the file specified Code: 80070002

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error: The system cannot find the file specified Code: 80070002: I cannot restore my computer because I keep getting this error message: Script: c:\users\pamnj\rasautou.vbs Line 3 Char 1 Error: The system cannot find the file specified Code: 80070002 Source: null And I cannot copy and paste because it wont' let me do that either. I...
  7. System Cannot Find the File Specified

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Cannot Find the File Specified: Hi I've been experiencing this popup every time I start up windows. It just happened and I don't know what's wrong, what caused it and how to remove it. I've been scouring the internet for help but can't seem to find any effective resolution. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  8. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Support
    The system cannot find the file specified: In my downloads folder uis a file/folder I try to delete a file/folder gets message *The system cannot find the file specified.* files/folder will not delete [img] Suggestions? Ideas? 131559
  9. System cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System cannot find the file specified: Whilst trying to add legacy hardware and updating my 'Audio Device on HD Audio Bus', it successfully found the driver I needed for it(Realtek HD Audio), but it came up with the message 'system cannot find the file specified'. How do I prevent this so I can actually install an...
  10. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The system cannot find the file specified: When I try to access a file to upload to a hosting site I get “The system cannot find the file specified.” How can I correct this issue? I am currently away from my pc, so I cannot upload any screenshots. Steve 113437

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 the system cannot find the file c:\windows\system32\taskmgr.exe