Windows 10: The system could not find filter specified

Discus and support The system could not find filter specified in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; i download xbox app from microsoft store and i cannot open it, a window pop up shows that The system could not find the filter specified. I tried to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by kdc2005, Jun 1, 2020.

1. kdc2005 Win User

The system could not find filter specified

i download xbox app from microsoft store and i cannot open it, a window pop up shows that The system could not find the filter specified. I tried to re download it, reset microsoft store,the troubleshooting tool, sfc/scannow in cmd and the problem were not solved.

The content of the window is something like this :

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.GamingApp_2003.1001.4.0x64_8wekyb3d8bbbwe\app\Xbox....

The system could not find the filter specified.

:)

kdc2005, Jun 1, 2020
  2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

The system could not find filter specified [​IMG]

Try0x101, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Raven2099 Win User
    The system cannot find the file specified

In my downloads folder uis a file/folder

I try to delete a file/folder gets message *The system cannot find the file specified.*

files/folder will not delete

The system could not find filter specified [​IMG]

Suggestions? Ideas?

Raven2099, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Base Filtering Engine Windows 10 Causes BSOD

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Did you try to enable the Base Filtering Engine service? Is it crashing?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

To manually reset TCP/IP, follow these steps:

Note You must be logged on to the computer as an administrator to perform the steps.

For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1

• On the Start screen, type CMD. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
    • At the command prompt, enter the following command, and then press Enter:
    netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

Note if you don't want to specify a directory path for the log file, run the following command instead:

netsh int ip reset

Restart the computer.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

1. The system could not find filter specified - Similar Threads - system find filter

2. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system cannot find the file specified: I'm currently running windows 10, i just drag and drop logonui.exe to Resource Hacker, but a error saying like in the title, i attached a photo for more information...
  3. The system cannot find the file specified

The system cannot find the file specified: When I boot my windows, this error code occurs :80070002. The script says that the system cannot find the file run.vbs. I have no idea what caused this. I have windows 11 on my laptop. Can you help me resolve this issue?...
  4. the system cannot find the path specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the system cannot find the path specified: PDF saved with long name, can't rename, move or delete. That gives me a message saying “the system cannot find the path specified”. in CMD Please what should I do?...
  5. "The system could not find the filter specified"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "The system could not find the filter specified": When trying to open any MS related file in my File Explorer it says Not Responding and locks up. I have updated the latest Windows 10 as of today. Per recommendations I restarted my computer in Safe Mode and tried to open these files. It then give me the "The system could not...
  6. "The system could not find the filter specified"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The system could not find the filter specified": When trying to open any MS related file in my File Explorer it says Not Responding and locks up. I have updated the latest Windows 10 as of today. Per recommendations I restarted my computer in Safe Mode and tried to open these files. It then give me the "The system could not...
  7. "The system could not find the filter specified"

8. cmd could not find the file specified

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cmd could not find the file specified: CMD.exe could not find the file specified and the \ key changes into something else when using[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-could-not-find-the-file-specified/7016e6a0-b14a-46c4-98fe-b64146e3c791
  9. Could Not reassociate with File History data The system cannot find the path specified

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Could Not reassociate with File History data The system cannot find the path specified: Hello, I have been using Windows 10 Pro File History with a WD My Cloud network attached storage. A recent WIN10 update broke the network connection with my storage, so for last couple of months I used a USB hard drive connected directly to my PC for File History backup...
  10. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Support
    The system cannot find the file specified: In my downloads folder uis a file/folder I try to delete a file/folder gets message *The system cannot find the file specified.* files/folder will not delete [img] Suggestions? Ideas? 131559