Windows 10: "the system could not find the environment option that was entered"

Discus and support "the system could not find the environment option that was entered" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Please any point in the right direction I'd really appreciate thank you. Basically I believe a virus has changed my admin privileges and may even have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by StEeZy, May 31, 2019.

1. StEeZy Win User

"the system could not find the environment option that was entered"

Please any point in the right direction I'd really appreciate thank you.

Basically I believe a virus has changed my admin privileges and may even have erased my restore points. I cant open third party apps or access my admin privileges even though I'm logged in as administrator . only way to start up cmd with admin rights is to do it from safe mode
    im just trying to save what data i can off my laptop before worst case senairo i have a major crash or have to reformat completely. here are some screen shots of my system and error messages I'm getting . thank you for taking the time to help if you do.

"the system could not find the environment option that was entered" [​IMG]

"the system could not find the environment option that was entered" 9qEbvwa.png

"the system could not find the environment option that was entered" xhMLxF6.png

"the system could not find the environment option that was entered" 83ulkrO.png

I'd be happy to try anything at this point I have been working on it for couple days now.

sorry if I have placed this is the wrong category or have violated the rules in anyway please take it easy on me, thank you.

:)

StEeZy, May 31, 2019

2. The system could not find the environment option that was entered

The system could not find the environment option that was entered

ShivamPokhriyal, May 31, 2019
  3. The system could not find the environment option that was entered

Hello Shivam,

This problem occurs in situations where Shutdown.exe cannot access the UserDomain environment variable. The shutdown task that is scheduled by using the
    at command runs under the System account. When the task is run under the System account, the UserDomain environment variable cannot be accessed because it does not exist. But the issue mostly occurs on server domains.

We would suggest you to try the following steps:

1. Boot your system into
    safe mode

2. Press Windows key + R.

3. Type sysdm.cpl and click OK.

4. Click on "Advanced" tab

5. In "Startup and Recovery", click on "Environment variables"

6. Under "System variables" Click on "New"

7. For "Variable Name", type in windir

8. For "Variable value", type in C:\Windows

9. Click OK on the all the dialog boxes that pop-up.

10. Reboot your system in normal mode.

If, however, your system is connected to normal mode, please refer to the following support article.

Computer Does Not Shut Down and You Receive a "System Could Not Find the Environment Option That Was Entered" Error Message When You Schedule a Shutdown
    Task by Using the AT Command

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, May 31, 2019
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

System environment variable won't stick

Running Win10 Home on an Acer Spin 3, 64bit, i7cpu. I try to add a path to the system environment variables by:

1. Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Environment variables

2. The "Environment Variables" window opens.
    3. In the "System Variables" pane I select "Path" and click the EDIT button.
    4. A list of the current system paths is displayed.
    5. I click the NEW button, browse to the path I want to add which is "C:\Python36-32" and click OK. The path "C:\Python36-32" is added to the list of current system paths.
    6. I click OK and am returned to the "Environment Variables" window.
    7. I click the "X" at the top right to close the "Environment Variables" window.

Now if I click the "Environment Variables" button again (end of step-1) and repeat steps 2-4, the new path I added in step-5 is gone. IOW, adding a new path won't stick.

What am I doing wrong?

Thema:

1. "the system could not find the environment option that was entered" - Similar Threads - system find environment

2. Error 0x000000cb / The system could not find the environment option that was entered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x000000cb / The system could not find the environment option that was entered: We have a user running Windows 11 Pro who is having trouble printing on any physical printer things like Adobe PDF creator work fine. His system detects the printers as normal, but actually trying to print always gives the Windows error 0x000000cb with the error message “The...
  3. Error 0x000000cb / The system could not find the environment option that was entered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x000000cb / The system could not find the environment option that was entered: We have a user running Windows 11 Pro who is having trouble printing on any physical printer things like Adobe PDF creator work fine. His system detects the printers as normal, but actually trying to print always gives the Windows error 0x000000cb with the error message “The...
  4. The system could not find the enviroment option that was entered

in Windows 10 Customization
    The system could not find the enviroment option that was entered: I accidentally deleted some of the environment variables and now I cant do any thing pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-could-not-find-the-enviroment-option/fa86f3d4-8458-4d79-b7e9-365d0dc846a5
  5. The system could not find the environment option that was entered

in Windows 10 News
    The system could not find the environment option that was entered: [IMG]Are you experiencing The system could not find the environment option that was entered error on Windows? Some Windows users have reported getting this error message while opening software or apps on their PC. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000000cb), The...
  6. windows 10 wsl ubuntu the system could not find the environment option that was entered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 wsl ubuntu the system could not find the environment option that was entered: wsl --install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wsl-ubuntu-the-system-could-not-find/27d11762-9fda-49ed-bd3c-382c2208763d
  7. windows 10 wsl ubuntu the system could not find the environment option that was entered

windows 10 wsl ubuntu the system could not find the environment option that was entered: wsl --install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wsl-ubuntu-the-system-could-not-find/27d11762-9fda-49ed-bd3c-382c2208763d
  8. windows 10 wsl ubuntu the system could not find the environment option that was entered

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. windows 10 ubuntu the system could not find the environment option that was entered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 ubuntu the system could not find the environment option that was entered: wsl --install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-ubuntu-the-system-could-not-find-the/27d11762-9fda-49ed-bd3c-382c2208763d
  10. windows 10 ubuntu the system could not find the environment option that was entered

windows 10 ubuntu the system could not find the environment option that was entered: wsl --install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-ubuntu-the-system-could-not-find-the/27d11762-9fda-49ed-bd3c-382c2208763d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The system could not find the environment option that was entered.

2. the system could not find the enveroment option

3. system could not find the environment option