Windows 10: The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications

Discus and support The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you trying to install a 16 bit DOS application on Windows 32 bit PC then you may encounter an error – The system file is not suitable for running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 16, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications

If you trying to install a 16 bit DOS application on Windows 32 bit PC then you may encounter an error – The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. In this article, we are going to fix this issue with the help of some simple solutions. These are the […]

This article The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 16, 2021
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, Apr 16, 2021
  3. mr.brikau Win User
    16-bit windows subsystem

this is what i get when i try to play ragnarok battle offline

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for unning MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application

anyone know why? i tried switching the monitor color to high 16-bit but still the same thing advice please thanks

mr.brikau, Apr 16, 2021
  4. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications

MS-DOS 16-bit error

I have been running Windows 10 and others before without problem. Suddenly, today, I get an error message when trying to run some DOS programs. The error is:

16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem

Command Prompt - program

config.nt. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose Close to terminate the application.

HELP. Thanks, Horst Truestedt

HorstTruestedt, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications

1. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications - Similar Threads - system file suitable

2. PDF File Saves to MS-DOS Application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF File Saves to MS-DOS Application: When I save a PDF file, it now shows as an MS-DOS Application. It will not allow me to open the file. I'm not sure what has happened as I've not made any changes to my Windows 10 operating system. How can this be resolved?...
  3. PDF File Saves to MS-DOS Application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF File Saves to MS-DOS Application: When I save a PDF file, it now shows as an MS-DOS Application. It will not allow me to open the file. I'm not sure what has happened as I've not made any changes to my Windows 10 operating system. How can this be resolved?...
  4. PDF File Saves to MS-DOS Application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MS Dos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Dos: Now available MS Dos in windows 10 64 bit OS:Yes or No?See screenshoot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-dos/5c0232d2-d909-4a12-9db5-f74b0c38e274
  6. MS Dos

MS Dos: Now available MS Dos in windows 10 64 bit OS:Yes or No?See screenshoot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-dos/5c0232d2-d909-4a12-9db5-f74b0c38e274
  7. Images saved as MS-DOS Application.

Images saved as MS-DOS Application.: Just happened to a couple of web-captured images.Very strange - and I just read about somebody whose .txt file was saved as MS-DOS Application.How do I open these?Thank you....
  8. Images saved as MS-DOS Application.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Images saved as MS-DOS Application.: Just happened to a couple of web-captured images.Very strange - and I just read about somebody whose .txt file was saved as MS-DOS Application.How do I open these?Thank you....
  9. Images saved as MS-DOS Application.

10. MS-Dos

MS-Dos: How do you download MS-Dos.iso? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-dos/8fdefe74-ac15-4358-83b3-f8135c5fa4e2