Windows 10: The system freezes when I take a screen (alt+shift+s)

Discus and support The system freezes when I take a screen (alt+shift+s) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I have a problem with print screen... By clicking on the keyboard shortcuts alt+shift+s and take screenshot everything freezes and all windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RomanR17132, Nov 17, 2019.

1. The system freezes when I take a screen (alt+shift+s)

Hello! I have a problem with print screen...

By clicking on the keyboard shortcuts alt+shift+s and take screenshot everything freezes and all windows become inaccessible, but the cursor moves. I also noticed that in the “notifications” tab this screenshot does not appear at all, but it is in the buffer. A screenshot through "printscreen" works fine. OS Windows 10 1909.

also checked the system for viruses with Microsoft Safety but nothing has changed.

Thank you

:)

RomanR17132, Nov 17, 2019

2. Why Windows 10 don't goes to login screen after CTRL+ALT+DELETE?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

CTRL+ALT+DELETE will open you log-in screen in Windows 10 too. I suggest you to try pressing
    Ctrl+SHIFT+Esc key and check if it opens the Task manager. If issue persist, I suggest you to try below given steps and check if it works.

This issue may occur due to some system file corruption.
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Nov 17, 2019
  3. I have a game (CrashDay redline), and i can't Alt+Tab, alt+F4, Ctrl+Alt+Delete, Ctrl+Shift+Esc , because it causes freezing

So, I have a game (CrashDay redline), and i can't Alt+Tab, alt+F4, Ctrl+Alt+Delete, Ctrl+Shift+Esc because it causes freezing. If i do any of those combinations - game just freezes forever (all those combination dont work if it freezes), until i hold power-off
    button. There would be no black screen, just a frozen game "screenshot". That means - I cant swich window while playing it by doing Alt+Tab or Win+Tab. Just Cause 2, for example, works great after i switch to browser by Alt+Tab and than back to the game.

Problem is not just in crashday, but in some other FullScreen games (and not only for me - for most people). Those apps are old and would not get updates. Is there any fix to that? (Windowed mode is not solution because my screen is too small to work in
    a window).

Also a malware could have done that so it should be fixed in windows

ИванНикишев, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

The system freezes when I take a screen (alt+shift+s)

Windows 10 "Left Alt + Shift" language input switch suddenly stop working. It used to work before.

Hi Jida,

There are a few reasons why "Left Alt + Shift" is suddenly stopped working on your computer. Since you mentioned that you already tried some troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you create a
    Test Profile. From there, check if the issue occurs.

To create a user profile, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings. Click Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select the Add someone else to this PC tab.
    • Name the user as Test.
    • Leave the password field blank.
    • Hit Next.
    • Sign in as Test user.
    Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

The system freezes when I take a screen (alt+shift+s)

1. The system freezes when I take a screen (alt+shift+s) - Similar Threads - system freezes screen

2. Display shifts down when taking a screenshot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display shifts down when taking a screenshot: Whenever I try to take a screenshot on my PC the display shifts down for some reason and I can't figure out why. Win + Shift + S is buggy and does not work 90% of the time. I have two displays and screenshotting affects both of them. They're both ASUS monitors and I have a...
  3. Win + shift + s Screenshot tool freezes on editing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win + shift + s Screenshot tool freezes on editing: Hello, on my Lenovo Thinkpad E595 I have the problem. If I use Windows + shift + s to take a screenshot it freezes my whole pc when editing. What do I exactly mean? If I use these hotkeys to activate the screenshot tool. I mak the area I want to have in my screenshot....
  4. Alt+shift with F4

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt+shift with F4: When I press on Alt + shift and F4 icons on desktop disappear and can't use right click on desktop , and i must restart the computer is this option to lock the desktop ? and if there is way to unlock again the desktop please let me know ....
  5. How to take a screenshot (Windows+Shift+S) with a watermark timestamp?

How to take a screenshot (Windows+Shift+S) with a watermark timestamp?: Hi, I need to take screenshots at work all the time (not the whole screen) and past it in a document where I put the date of the screenshot. Do you guys know any program that makes a screenshot with a shortcut (like Windows+Shift+S) and when you paste it will have a water...
  6. I thought taking a screenshot of a 1080p screen isn't THAT hard? (The Win+Shift+S snipping...

I thought taking a screenshot of a 1080p screen isn't THAT hard? (The Win+Shift+S snipping...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ich__liebe__dich [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j4y4t7/i_thought_taking_a_screenshot_of_a_1080p_screen/
  7. PC FREEZE after taking a SCREENSHOT with Win+Shift+S

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC FREEZE after taking a SCREENSHOT with Win+Shift+S: Hello, since two or three months, every time i take a screenshot with Win+Shift+S, my PC freeze for 1 to 5 seconds the sound still go on and i can move the mouse but everything else is static. The freeze duration seems to increment over time. Feel free to ask me questions...
  8. Snip & Sketch app constantly crashing when taking screenshots with Win + Shift + S...

Snip & Sketch app constantly crashing when taking screenshots with Win + Shift + S...: Hello everyone! I am having this annoying issue lately, and I feel like I'm the only one. When using the said shortcut to capture a region of the screen, Windows Snip & Sketch just hangs for a moment, but there is no confirmation that the screenshot was taken. Application...
  9. win + shift + s freez

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win + shift + s freez: hello ms team, recently I met a new feature of windows 10, push (win + shift + s) to experience new snipping tool, it was working perfectly till yesterday, when I press these buttons and select the area I want, the screen hangs, my computer is still working, I mean I can...
  10. Snipping Tool Win+Shift+S not taking capture and saving.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool Win+Shift+S not taking capture and saving.: I have noticed that on 2 out of 3 computers with Windows 10, when using the snipping function that the cross will come up and the the area selected will show where I create the clipping but will not save the selected area. I have used it with another computer and have...