Windows 10: The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified...

Discus and support The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello to everyone, I'm trying to boot again an old installation of windows 10 that has been damaged by the miray hdclone tool that has removed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by marietto2008, Sep 27, 2019.

1. The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified...

Hello to everyone,

I'm trying to boot again an old installation of windows 10 that has been damaged by the miray hdclone tool that has removed the partition table but not the files. Infact with the getdataback tool I've been able to recover every file. What I did has been to reformat the disk and to copy again the recovered windows 10 files on it. The partition scheme of the disk previously was GPT,but I converted it to MBR because if it was GPT I wasn't able to make it active. After this,I have restarted the PC with the windows 10 dvd inside and I have issued the following commands on the command prompt :

bootrec /fixmbr ok

bootrec /fixboot
    => access denied

bootsect /nt60 c:
    ok

bootrec /fixboot
    ok

bcdedit /export c:\bcd2
    The store export operation has failed.
    The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format.

I don't know how to fix this...

:)

marietto2008, Sep 27, 2019

2. How to restore registry values?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You can perform system restore and check if it helps:

Perform System restore.

I suggest you to perform system restore and select a date prior to the changes which was done with the registry values and check if the issue gets fixed.

To perform System restore:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      System.
    • In the left pane, click on System Protection.
    • Select the option to system restore
      > next. It will show all restore points already created.
    • Select the date prior to the date on which you have made the registry changes.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Try the above step and let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800703F9: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4013429).

Hi,

but how I can solve the point #1 ? (The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format)

Pietro Piasentin, Sep 27, 2019
  4. DCnewbie Win User

The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified...

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified...

1. The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified... - Similar Threads - system has attempted

2. System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  3. Restoring a certificate - "The system cannot find the file specified"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring a certificate - "The system cannot find the file specified": Hi all, I am having a bit of an issue re-accessing some of my encrypted files in a new set up I've made.I have exported the certificate originally used to encrypt the files from the original build, and successfully imported it into the new system. I can see the certificate in...
  4. Restoring a certificate - "The system cannot find the file specified"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring a certificate - "The system cannot find the file specified": Hi all, I am having a bit of an issue re-accessing some of my encrypted files in a new set up I've made.I have exported the certificate originally used to encrypt the files from the original build, and successfully imported it into the new system. I can see the certificate in...
  5. Restoring a certificate - "The system cannot find the file specified"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry: I did a system restore yesterday. It said it failed since an antivirus may be running, so I disabled my Avira Antivirus and I started the system restore again today.It has been stuck on "System Restore is Restoring the Registry" for the last 5 hours+. I have actually reset my...
  7. System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry: I did a system restore yesterday. It said it failed since an antivirus may be running, so I disabled my Avira Antivirus and I started the system restore again today.It has been stuck on "System Restore is Restoring the Registry" for the last 5 hours+. I have actually reset my...
  8. Attempted system restore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Attempted system restore: Its telling me it failed because my antivirus software is on? I have a virus I’m trying to get rid of, if I turn off my antivirus wouldn’t that let the malware do what is wants? submitted by /u/Tarzan-of-the-Desert [link] [comments]...
  9. The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified...: I have a problem. I tried to run command powercfg /batteryreport but received this error Unable to perform operation. An unexpected error 0x3f9 has occurred: The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry...
  10. Restoring system registries

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Restoring system registries: Hello, To make my windows recognise my DVD drive, I have gone to the following support link https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/314060/your-cd-or-dvd-drive-is-not-recognized-by-windows-or-other-programs I followed every method until method4... After that, i followed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the system has attempted to load or restore

2. Error 1017: The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry

3. the system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry but the specified file is not in a registry file format. fix

4. bcdedit the system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry,
  5. error: the system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry but the specified file is not in a registry file format.,
  6. the system has attempted to load or restore bcdedit,
  7. the system has attempter to load or restrore but the specific file is not in format