Windows 10: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. BugcheckCode 278. Any help?

Discus and support The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. BugcheckCode 278. Any help? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH] -System -Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by prekprekas, Feb 16, 2020.

1. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. BugcheckCode 278. Any help?

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. BugcheckCode 278. Any help? ece14165-c529-4eff-a1da-6952601a78fe?upload=true.jpg The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. BugcheckCode 278. Any help? 327af38c-18ec-448b-b875-fb658f628b9d?upload=true.jpg

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. BugcheckCode 278. Any help? 97b4bca4-0b19-4608-9818-6233936d24c2?upload=true.jpg The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. BugcheckCode 278. Any help? 51d256af-595f-4414-8c65-d2498dc51f01?upload=true.jpg

-System

-Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

[ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}

EventID41

Version6

Level1

Task63

Opcode0

Keywords0x8000400000000002

-TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2020-02-16T12:18:53.320291500Z

EventRecordID38569

Correlation

-Execution

[ ProcessID] 4

[ ThreadID] 8

ChannelSystem

ComputerDESKTOP-756LGFT

-Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18
    -EventData

BugcheckCode278

BugcheckParameter10xffffbe080c85e010

BugcheckParameter20xfffff80134ee0818

BugcheckParameter30xffffffffc0000001

BugcheckParameter40x3

SleepInProgress0

PowerButtonTimestamp0

BootAppStatus0

Checkpoint41

ConnectedStandbyInProgressfalse

SystemSleepTransitionsToOn4

CsEntryScenarioInstanceId0

BugcheckInfoFromEFIfalse

CheckpointStatus0

:)

prekprekas, Feb 16, 2020

2. System rebooted with out cleanly shuting down

Hi David,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Windows Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first":

Advanced troubleshooting for Event ID 41 -

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 16, 2020
  4. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. BugcheckCode 278. Any help?

Error: "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" on Windows 10

Hi Anton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern with the unexpected shutdown of the operating system. We will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted power plan settings, third-party applications.

I suggest you to refer to the below thread check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps provided by Anup Karkal
    on February 17, 2016 and check if it helps.

Kernel-Power: "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error
    could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. BugcheckCode 278. Any help?

1. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. BugcheckCode 278. Any help? - Similar Threads - system has rebooted

2. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.: Hi,Am running a web server on Azure, and it seems to restart unexpectedly every now and then.Have run WinDbg and it produced this:******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * *...
  3. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.: Hi,Am running a web server on Azure, and it seems to restart unexpectedly every now and then.Have run WinDbg and it produced this:******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * *...
  4. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first?: My laptopZephyrus G15 2022 in windows 11 Event Viewer has this Critical Error :The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.Log Name: System Source:...
  6. Why The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first?: My laptopZephyrus G15 2022 in windows 11 Event Viewer has this Critical Error :The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.Log Name: System Source:...
  7. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first: hello i usually make my pc shutdown with Simple Shutdown Timer because i like to listen to something while sleeping . this morning i woke up i find my pc has rebooted . its weird because it should be shutdown so i checked event viewers and find this . BugcheckCode159...
  8. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.: Windows frequently spontaneously reboots. The only message appearing in the logs is Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 9/16/2019 8:24:07 PM Event ID: 41 Task Category: (63) Level: Critical Keywords:...
  9. System has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.: I shut down my laptop and close the lid after clicking shut down. After some time when i start my laptop again it first shut down and then restart i notice that this problem happen in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 also. In event viewer it says " The system has rebooted without...
  10. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first

in Windows 10 Support
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first: ( The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first) Event ID 41. I found these errors on event viewer No BSOD NO restarting automatically I think it happens sometimes when I restart the PC. It's a fresh install Windows 10 and brand new gaming PC 57586

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bug check code 278

2. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly.

3. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly. windows 10