Windows 10: the system image restore failed an error occurred while performing the recovery operation

Discus and support the system image restore failed an error occurred while performing the recovery operation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys i am asking for help here and thanks in advance. So basically i had windows 10 on my PC ad i decided to do system backup image in case... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MedAKZAZ, Apr 21, 2019.

1. MedAKZAZ Win User

the system image restore failed an error occurred while performing the recovery operation

Hi guys i am asking for help here and thanks in advance.

So basically i had windows 10 on my PC ad i decided to do system backup image in case something bad happens to my os, but the problem is did not have an external drive where to put the backup image on; so i basically shrunk my windows C:/ drive ( i have an SSD by the way) and stored that backup in a 30go drive that too from my original C drive. So i wanted to test if its working i turned off my PC and boot from my USB which has a Windows 10 iso on it then installed a brand new version of Windows 10 . After the installation finished i did the settings then i got to my new desktop then i rebooted from my USB clicked repair my computer went to restore image then selected my Drive ( that i shrunk earlier from my actual C Drive) AND I GOT THIS ERROR : ##the system image restore failed an error occurred while performing the recovery operation##

PLEASE HELP ME

:)

MedAKZAZ, Apr 21, 2019

2. System image fails: error code 0x807800B8 "the post-recovery operation to install drivers in the offline operating system failed.

Hi folks I hope someone can help:

Windows 10 OS

1. System died and wouldn't reboot

2. Using repair disk I attempted a system image restore. Got error code 0x807800B8 "the post-recovery operation to install drivers in the offline operating system failed. at the end of the attempt.

3. Selected Reset with keep data

4. Reset worked as expected but all my apps like MS Office etc were missing (again as expected)

5. Decided that the reset should have fixed the driver issue so went back to Image Restore. This time I selected the option "Format and repartion disks"

6. At the end of the image restore I still got "error code 0x807800B8 "the post-recovery operation to install drivers in the offline operating system failed."

7. Now I no longer have the option to reset as I no longer have an operating system the format etc having seen to that.

If I can't solve the problem:

error code 0x807800B8 "the post-recovery operation to install drivers in the offline operating system failed.

Then I'm in very deep water.

Any help would be appreciated - Thanks in advance.

DavidMason5, Apr 21, 2019
  3. microstof Win User
    The system image restore failed. The post-recovery operation to install drivers in the offline operating system failed. (0x807800B8)".

Original Title: Image restore failed

After doing sfc / scannow I received this message:

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some

of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For

example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not

supported in offline servicing scenarios." I tried to repair. No good solution on the Internet

I have an excellent Image and I launched Image restore ... and for the first time it failed and displayed this message:

"The system image restore failed. The post-recovery operation to install drivers in the offline operating system failed. (0x807800B8)". No good solution on the Internet.

I wish to understand this message.

Does anyone knows about it?

microstof, Apr 21, 2019
  4. the system image restore failed an error occurred while performing the recovery operation

The system image restore failed. The post-recovery operation to install drivers in the offline operating system failed. (0x807800B8)".

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to start Volume Shadow Copy service
    and set it to Automatic.

Steps to Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Volume Shadow Copy service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.
    Note: You may lose the restore points when you stop the VSS.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict and check.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot
    state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

I also suggest you to refer to the section creating a recovery drive in below article.

Repair & recovery

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/repair-recovery

Reference: I also suggest you to refer the below article for more information about Recovery options in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

the system image restore failed an error occurred while performing the recovery operation

1. the system image restore failed an error occurred while performing the recovery operation - Similar Threads - system image restore

2. System image restore failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System image restore failed: Hi,My system image restore failed. It’s says “error details:the value is protected by secure boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted. 0x80071145 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-image-restore-failed/4bfcc4c2-8deb-4e2b-809d-e756520e00a6
  3. System image restore failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System image restore failed: Hi guys,I don't know if someone have problem like mine, because from what I can search, there may be almost similar issue but none of the solution works for me so if you guys have any idea, please help meContext: I am upgrading my HP laptop by adding a new SSD disk 240gb for...
  4. System image restore failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System image restore failed: Hi guys,I don't know if someone have problem like mine, because from what I can search, there may be almost similar issue but none of the solution works for me so if you guys have any idea, please help meContext: I am upgrading my HP laptop by adding a new SSD disk 240gb for...
  5. System image restore failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. System image fails to restore image.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System image fails to restore image.: I am trying to restore a system image on my computer but I cannot understand why it keeps failing. Previously I had no problems in restoring a system image. The following error message is displayed instead: “The system image restore failed.Windows cannot restore a system...
  7. Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?: Hi guys, Bear with me on this little odyssey. It's a bit of a ramble, and more just me moaning than asking an actual question, but if anyone can help me figure out where I was going wrong I can sleep a bit easier. I was working on a project to deploy a custom Windows image...
  8. System image restore failed with error: 0x807800B8

System image restore failed with error: 0x807800B8: Hello All , I have CISCO Blade physical server. I have taken baremetal and data drive backup of the server. While restoring it from the network I am getting this error.[ATTACH] When I try to do restore from another disk within the same Server, it work fine. Any help...
  9. System image restore fails

System image restore fails: I'm replacing the hard drive on my laptop since my original is full. 1. Using Windows' Backup and Restore, I created a system image. 2. Since I do not have a DVD drive, I created a Windows 10 install media (here) directly to a USB. 3. I boot up using the USB and attempt...
  10. System Image Restore Fail

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Restore Fail: Hi All, I had to wind my OS back to windows 7 using recovery media because a system image I created with the backup and restore tool in windows 10 failed to restore. The system image was on an external hdd but it could not be found when plugged into a USB port. I'll...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The system image restore failed. The post-recovery operation to install drivers in the offline operating system failed

2. error occurred while performing the recovery operation

3. windows 10 image an error occurred while performing the recovery operation

4. an error occurred while performing the recovery operation details,
  5. the system image restore failed an error occurred while performing the recovery operation