Windows 10: The `System` process uses a lot of CPU

Discus and support The `System` process uses a lot of CPU in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Good day, friends. I formatted my computer yesterday evening and cleaned the fans of the PC this morning. After I finished cleaning, I opened pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rookie191, Apr 8, 2020.

1. The `System` process uses a lot of CPU

Good day, friends. I formatted my computer yesterday evening and cleaned the fans of the PC this morning. After I finished cleaning, I opened pc normally and started installing the Drivers. I also updated my graphics card from GeForce Experience. But after a while, I opened to look at something from the task manager and saw that the System is using the CPU between 15-20%. Here I applied every solution on the previously opened topics, but it did not touch any help. This event starts 10-15 minutes after the computer is turned on. I'm waiting for your help. Thanks.

Usage of the CPU and Threads from Procexp:https://imgur.com/a/tPSR8Wi

submitted by /u/Rookie191
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Rookie191, Apr 8, 2020

2. audiodg.exe using a lot of RAM and CPU

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?
    • Do you get any error code or error message while startup?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    Audiodg.exe [Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation] file hosts the audio engine for the operating system. So, this file is utilized for all the
    audio processing and Digital Signal Processing (DSP). Vendors are able to install their own DSP and audio effects into the audio pipeline, which are then processed by audiodg.exe.

In order to fix the high CPU usage, disable the audio enhancements processed by the audiodg.exe file. To disable the audio enhancements, try the following steps:

• Right-click the speaker icon in the right-hand notification area on the taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices from the menu. A list of devices should appear on the screen.
    • Double-click the device that has a green checkmark. The properties windows for that device should open.
    • Click the Enhancements tab at the top.
    • From the list of enhancements, uncheck all of them, or click the Disable all enhancements
      checkbox.
    • Click the OK button to save your changes and close the window.
    • Click OK to close the Playback Devices window.
    I also suggest you use Resource Monitor to monitor CPU usage.

Resource Monitor is a tool that you can use to monitor the usage of CPU, hard disk, network, and memory in real time.

You can use the Performance tab in Task Manager to see how your computer's CPU is being used by Windows and other programs running on your computer.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    System and compressed memory background process persistently consuming high CPU resources

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

2. Which anti-virus program is installed on the PC?

High CPU usage occurs for various reasons, for example: virus/malware infections, out-of-date drivers, anti-virus programs or other third-party programs, etc;

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter

Method 2: Check if the issue resolves in
    Safe Mode.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Steps to reduce the CPU usage.

1-Press "Ctrl," "Shift," and "Esc" on your keyboard. This brings up the task manager without any intermediary screen.

2-Click the "Processes" button on the task manager.

3-Click the "CPU" column header until the arrow next to the label points down.

4-Right-click a program you recognize that uses a high percentage of the CPU and click "End Process." Click "End Process" to reconfirm. This eases up on the CPU's load. Use this step if you're not using a process or if the process has stopped responding. Do
    not use this procedure for windows processes.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Apr 8, 2020
  4. The `System` process uses a lot of CPU

System Idle Process CPU Allocation?

Hi,

I am Sumit, an Independent advisor and a Microsoft MVP here to help.

System Idle Process, as the name suggests is a process that indicates CPU is idle and is not being used, aka is at rest. This is done to totalize CPU usage to 100 between the processes.

So you do not have to worry about anything.

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

The `System` process uses a lot of CPU

1. The `System` process uses a lot of CPU - Similar Threads - `System` process uses

2. system process using CPU 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system process using CPU 100%: while the laptop is working perfectly fine, suddenly system starts to lag and when open task manager there is a process named system hogging all the cpu and al 8cores, 16 LP are running at 100% utilization and their is no end to it, had to force restart my laptop....
  3. system process using CPU 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system process using CPU 100%: while the laptop is working perfectly fine, suddenly system starts to lag and when open task manager there is a process named system hogging all the cpu and al 8cores, 16 LP are running at 100% utilization and their is no end to it, had to force restart my laptop....
  4. The "system"process is using constant CPU in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "system"process is using constant CPU in windows 11: I am a professional photographer and have a fast computer with Windows 11 and the latest updates. i9 13900k, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 GPU When I use Adobe Photoshop or Bridge, the "system" process constantly uses between 10 and 40 percent CPU. This makes using Photoshop very very...
  5. The "system"process is using constant CPU in windows 11

The "system"process is using constant CPU in windows 11: I am a professional photographer and have a fast computer with Windows 11 and the latest updates. i9 13900k, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 GPU When I use Adobe Photoshop or Bridge, the "system" process constantly uses between 10 and 40 percent CPU. This makes using Photoshop very very...
  6. windows 1 System Process uses to much CPU

windows 1 System Process uses to much CPU: How do I stop high system CPU usage. My old computer showed 0-5 % at Idle.Device name Warlie Processor IntelR PentiumR Gold 7505 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.64 GB usable Device ID 84DF4FA8-D356-4613-91DB-421C7949B2E0 Product ID 00342-20811-92675-AAOEM System...
  7. “System” process uses 30%cpu when idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “System” process uses 30%cpu when idle: Sometimes the “system” process ( not to be confused with system idle process) will start to use 30% cpu when idle for about 5 minutes. Once I move my mouse, it stops. If I leave it takes about 20 minutes before it stops. I remember I did a complete Windows reinstall (deleted...
  8. System processes uses so much cpu power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System processes uses so much cpu power: Hi, please take a look at this screenshot. What are they for and why do they use so much of my CPU? And, is it possible to get rid of them? Device: Surface Book 3 i7 ver. [ATTACH] Thanks....
  9. System process always uses 30% CPU.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System process always uses 30% CPU.: Hello All, For some reason the CPU usage by System process is always at 30%. It never goes down, Even if I reboot the system the usage will stay normal some time and then the system Process will start using the CPU at 30% again. My laptop Model is HP OMEN CE073TX OS -...
  10. process called "system" uses lots of ram

in Windows 10 Support
    process called "system" uses lots of ram: 64 bit build 10162 task manager shows a process called "system", details are "NT Kernel and system" it uses between 200 and 600 mg of memory, depending what the computer happens to be doing at the time Is this normal, and is there anything to do about it? It definitely...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tidal uses a lot of cpu