Windows 10: "The system repair disc could not be created" - (Laptop = no CD drive)

Discus and support "The system repair disc could not be created" - (Laptop = no CD drive) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I returned an HP spectre x360 to BestBuy the other day because of some issues I was having with it but before doing so I created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lightng, Nov 14, 2015.

1. lightng Win User

"The system repair disc could not be created" - (Laptop = no CD drive)

Hello everyone,

I returned an HP spectre x360 to BestBuy the other day because of some issues I was having with it but before doing so I created a Windows Image Backup (I went to File History and created a system image which included all the drives except for the one that I am backing up to).

I now have a new HP spectre x360 and I want to restore all the original files from my Windows Image Backup but when I enter the recovery menu (Troubleshoot --> Select a system image backup --> Use the latest available system image), it says that I need to create a system repair disc.

But the spectre x360 doesn't have a CD drive so I can't do it! I keep getting an error that the system repair disc could not be created.

I tried making my Seagate GoFlex External Hard Drive into a bootable USB using RUFUS but that doesn't work.

Can anyone help me?

Screen looks like this:

"The system repair disc could not be created" - (Laptop = no CD drive) [​IMG]

:)

lightng, Nov 14, 2015
  2. John Zab Win User

System repair disc could not be created The requested operation is only valid with supported media. (0xc0aa0402)

Hi Bob,

To help you regarding with the creation of repair disc, kindly give us more details on the following:

• Which disc are you using CD/DVD?
    • Have you tried using a USB flash?
    • Which task are you trying to perform?
    We look forward to your response.

John Zab, Nov 14, 2015
  3. BobDojcin Win User
    System repair disc could not be created The requested operation is only valid with supported media. (0xc0aa0402)

BobDojcin, Nov 14, 2015
Thema:

"The system repair disc could not be created" - (Laptop = no CD drive)

1. "The system repair disc could not be created" - (Laptop = no CD drive) - Similar Threads - system repair disc

2. create a system repair disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    create a system repair disc: can I use a Western Digital "My Passport" external drive to create a system repair disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-system-repair-disc/6268ec5f-3709-4848-b439-b7ada8590127
  3. create a system repair disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    create a system repair disc: can I use a Western Digital "My Passport" external drive to create a system repair disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-system-repair-disc/6268ec5f-3709-4848-b439-b7ada8590127
  4. create a system repair disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to Create System Repair Disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Create System Repair Disc: I formatted a dvd+rw but 'Create a system repair disc' keeps telling me the disc is not blank.Even though Explorer is showing it is blank.I don't get it,James...
  6. Unable to Create System Repair Disc

Unable to Create System Repair Disc: I formatted a dvd+rw but 'Create a system repair disc' keeps telling me the disc is not blank.Even though Explorer is showing it is blank.I don't get it,James...
  7. How Can I Create a System Repair Disc Without Using a CD/DVD Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Create a System Repair Disc Without Using a CD/DVD Drive?: My Laptop: Samsung Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha Current Version of Windows: Windows 11 Home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-create-a-system-repair-disc-without/693b69bb-6b0f-4361-b9ff-daa48cd46f03
  8. How Can I Create a System Repair Disc Without Using a CD/DVD Drive?

How Can I Create a System Repair Disc Without Using a CD/DVD Drive?: My Laptop: Samsung Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha Current Version of Windows: Windows 11 Home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-create-a-system-repair-disc-without/693b69bb-6b0f-4361-b9ff-daa48cd46f03
  9. Creating a system repair disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a system repair disc: I have deleted all files from a disc and then formatted it. However, when I try to create a system repair idsc, I get an error message that the disc is not blank and I must use a blank disc to create a system repair disc. why doesn't the format create a useable disc?...
  10. Creat A System Repair Disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creat A System Repair Disc: in Windows 10 Home for Recovery OS I tried Creat A System Repair Disc. I insert a blank DVD 16X speed and creat but it is not supported so which burning speed of DVD can Use....