Windows 10: The tab for enhancements on my playback device is blank

Discus and support The tab for enhancements on my playback device is blank in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got a new Acer laptop today with Windows 10. Setup was fine but I noticed that when I checked the playback settings, the enhancement tab is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ii Trickeh, Oct 16, 2018.

1. The tab for enhancements on my playback device is blank

I got a new Acer laptop today with Windows 10. Setup was fine but I noticed that when I checked the playback settings, the enhancement tab is completely empty.

Also, the microphone on my headphones isnt being picked up at all. Is there anything I can do to resolve these issues?

:)

ii Trickeh, Oct 16, 2018
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Where did the 'audio enhancements' tab go in my playback device menu?

Audio Enhancements are not found in Control Panel but rather in the playback devices themselves, under Properties. Yes, you can access Sound in the control panel, but you still have to click the device, then click Properties. Anyway here are two devices where one has Audio Enhancements, while the other doesn't...

Analogue playback device...

The tab for enhancements on my playback device is blank [​IMG]

In the image below we have a device that outputs a pure digital signal, and as such, there are no enhancements. In the image above, where it's an analogue signal, it does support audio enhancements...

Digital playback device...

With, that my understanding is that those wanting a pure digital signal would not want anything like audio enhancements muddying the sound thus this option is not available. In the above when an analogue signal is used, yeah, you might want audio enhancements so that option is made available.

Anyway it would help if the OP posted an image of the actual device's properties panel as shown above - right click speaker icon in system tray, Playback Devices, click the item in question, Properties, Advance tab.

That would help answer the question.

Thanks.

sygnus21, Oct 16, 2018
  3. BRKKAB Win User
    Where did the 'audio enhancements' tab go in my playback device menu?

Did you install thrdrivers for your sound card ? Did you look in the Control Panel > Hardware and Sound ?
    They should be in the area I circled in the screenshot. Just open it up and set it's settings. Before you do that one type Sound in Cortana's search box, make your speakers default device and set them up there as 5.1 speakers, then do the Control Panel > Hardware and Sound step.

BRKKAB, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

The tab for enhancements on my playback device is blank

no enhancements tab on my speaker properties HP windows 10

Hi Manuelde,

Outdated audio driver is one of the usual caused why the enhancements tab is not appearing on the speakers properties. There are also audio drivers that don't have an enhancement tab.

To isolate the root cause of the issue, we need additional information:

• Which audio driver are you using?
    • Were you able to use the enhancement tab before?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest uninstalling the driver using the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select
      Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

The tab for enhancements on my playback device is blank

1. The tab for enhancements on my playback device is blank - Similar Threads - tab enhancements playback

2. there isn't any enhancement tab in my realtek sound device .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there isn't any enhancement tab in my realtek sound device .: i updated all of my drivers to the last available version .reinstall driversand tried over 10 youtube videos solutions .really needed help...
  3. there isn't any enhancement tab in my realtek sound device .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    there isn't any enhancement tab in my realtek sound device .: i updated all of my drivers to the last available version .reinstall driversand tried over 10 youtube videos solutions .really needed help...
  4. there isn't any enhancement tab in my realtek sound device .

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. No audio devices are installed in playback tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio devices are installed in playback tab: All the drivers are updated still there is red cross on speaker iconI am unable make changes in playback tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-devices-are-installed-in-playback-tab/0f84d9b9-3f71-4547-b646-7ece57f87228
  6. No audio devices are installed in playback tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio devices are installed in playback tab: All the drivers are updated still there is red cross on speaker iconI am unable make changes in playback tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-devices-are-installed-in-playback-tab/0f84d9b9-3f71-4547-b646-7ece57f87228
  7. No audio devices are installed in playback tab

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. No enhancement tab

No enhancement tab: I always used the enhancement tab on my previous Toshiba notebook with Windows 7, but when I got my new HP notebook with Windows 10 (and before any updates), I checked the enhancement tab but it wasn't there. I thought that maybe because I didn't updated my notebook. But...
  9. Where did the 'audio enhancements' tab go in my playback device menu?

Where did the 'audio enhancements' tab go in my playback device menu?: I am not sure when it happened but I did recently upgrade from onboard audio to a Sound Blaster Audigy Rx/5 But why would that take away features? I have a 5.1 surround sound system and I need the room correction feature that compensates for the difference in how far away...
  10. Enhancements Tab on wrong audio device properties

Enhancements Tab on wrong audio device properties: HP Envy Recline 27 Windows 10 Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.14) While trying the solve the windows 10 no audio after sleep problem, I noticed that since the 1511 Upgrade and the windows 10 RollUp the following week, the Playback Enhancements tab had moved from the IDT High...