Windows 10: The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid

Discus and support The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have certain folders in my OneDrive that I'd like to delete but I am unable to do so. Attempting to access these folders would give the error "The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Enze Soh, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Enze Soh Win User

The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid

I have certain folders in my OneDrive that I'd like to delete but I am unable to do so. Attempting to access these folders would give the error "The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid".I have attempted to use Window's Error Checking through right clicking drive C, Properties, Tools, Error Checking.I have also attempted to follow solutions found online such as using chkdsk and the DISM functions through command prompt.Currently, I receive the message "Scanning and repairing drive C" on every boot but I am unsure if this process is actually being executed because it does not show

:)

Enze Soh, Dec 1, 2022
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Dec 1, 2022
  3. File problem

When you edit your original post I don't get a notification, so I only just now saw the screenshot.

Here are the fixes for that particular error:

https://thegeekpage.com/the-tag-present-in-the-...

https://www.itexperience.net/fix-onedrive-the-t...

https://eazybackup.ca/knowledge-base/onedrive-e...

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/error-0x80071129...

(Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially avoid Restoro, PC Repair Tool and Reimage ads)

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/ondrive-0x80...

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Dec 1, 2022
  4. The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid

The problem started when I want to delete a large number of files. But there is some remaining file that cannot be deleted. I went to check those files, but the tag error pops up. I believe this issue is somehow related to the OneDrive application. It really bothers me because there are some irrelevant files in the path/directory.

I really don't want to bother the IT department because of these minor errors, but still, it is annoying.

Chi HangHo1, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

1. The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid - Similar Threads - tag present reparse

2. The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid, chkdsk not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid, chkdsk not working: So I'm getting this error when trying to open a folder on my onedrive. I cannot delete, move it or anything. I saw thatIt has been asked and answered online before, so I tried the solutions.Things I've tried:chkdsk :C /f /r --> restart and yes the affacted folder is on the C:...
  3. The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid, chkdsk not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid, chkdsk not working: So I'm getting this error when trying to open a folder on my onedrive. I cannot delete, move it or anything. I saw thatIt has been asked and answered online before, so I tried the solutions.Things I've tried:chkdsk :C /f /r --> restart and yes the affacted folder is on the C:...
  4. The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid, chkdsk not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid: I have certain folders in my OneDrive that I'd like to delete but I am unable to do so. Attempting to access these folders would give the error "The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid".I have attempted to use Window's Error Checking through right clicking...
  6. The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid: A folder in my onedrive randomly bugged out - not allowing any actions like renaming etci know this is a common issue but none of the previous fixes worked for me.Also a weird thing is as long as i keep the file in a folder i can move that folder as long as it stays on the...
  7. The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid

The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid: A folder in my onedrive randomly bugged out - not allowing any actions like renaming etci know this is a common issue but none of the previous fixes worked for me.Also a weird thing is as long as i keep the file in a folder i can move that folder as long as it stays on the...
  8. The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid: I am using a corporate computer so I can't run cmd as administrator. Any other solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-tag-present-in-the-reparse-point-buffer-is/6748fdd9-f3f2-4d2d-aaae-60e2d06f5a65
  9. The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid

The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid: I am using a corporate computer so I can't run cmd as administrator. Any other solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-tag-present-in-the-reparse-point-buffer-is/6748fdd9-f3f2-4d2d-aaae-60e2d06f5a65
  10. Error 0x80071129, The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid

in Windows 10 News
    Error 0x80071129, The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid: [ATTACH]The error code 0x80071129 is one of many OneDrive errors that is recently experienced by multiple users on Windows 11/10 PC. To assist affected users, this post presents the most appropriate solutions to rapidly resolve this problem. It comes with the following error...