Windows 10: The 'TAGS' Property for Photo Files is no longer working properly

Discus and support The 'TAGS' Property for Photo Files is no longer working properly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have loaded onto my PC (Windows 10) some more photos, to add to the hundreds already filed under the 'Pictures' folder. I have added some key words... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Phil CN, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Phil CN Win User

The 'TAGS' Property for Photo Files is no longer working properly

I have loaded onto my PC (Windows 10) some more photos, to add to the hundreds already filed under the 'Pictures' folder. I have added some key words under 'Tags' in the File Properties, as I have done for the older photo files. But the key words and the related photo files are no longer found when I enter them in the 'Search' box at the top right hand corner in File Explorer. This applies for both new and existing photo files. Also, when I type in the key word, I expect the same or similar key word to appear as a default, which I can accept or over-type, but it does not. This for me is a BIG DEAL - it means all the hours I have spent setting up these Tags to enable photo subjects to be found easily has been a waste of time ! What has happened - has a recent "we are going to improve your Windows" update actually regressed this badly ?

:)

Phil CN, Mar 1, 2019

2. tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 1, 2019
  3. OCjp Win User
    Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details tab, tags are not listed there either.

Is there a way to turn this feature on? Thanks in advance for any help.

OCjp, Mar 1, 2019
  4. The 'TAGS' Property for Photo Files is no longer working properly

apply tags to photos in file explorer [win v10]

Hi Lisa,

Applying tags to pictures in File Explorer is a great search feature in Windows 10. This works like keywords or labels that you can add to your photos so you can easily find or access them.

To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you follow these procedures on how to add tags to your photos:

• Go to File Explorer and select the photo you want to add a tag.
    • Upon selecting the picture, press right-click and choose Properties.
    • Click the Details tab. Under the Description section is a category marked as
      Tags.
    • Click on the right portion of this to get the text box open so you can indicate your tag.
    • Click OK at the bottom to save it.

Feel free to inform us if the steps above resolved your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

The 'TAGS' Property for Photo Files is no longer working properly

1. The 'TAGS' Property for Photo Files is no longer working properly - Similar Threads - 'TAGS' Property Photo

2. Tagging photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Tagging photos: Hello i need a program to search through my photo collection and do facial recognition, so will be presented with all photos that have Fred which I identified from a previous photo. Once I have all the Fred photos displayed, then by selecting all I can add the TAG Fred to the...
  3. Tag Property Does Not Work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tag Property Does Not Work: Right-clicking a file and clicking properties does not show a tags option in the details tab. The details pane is visible, but the tags option is not. Even right-clicking a file and clicking properties does not show a tags option in the details tab. This has happened with all...
  4. Photo tags

Photo tags: Good day team I have an HP laptop with windows 10 Trying to change tags in photos After making changes the old tags return Ray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-tags/93dae9f7-df07-4b75-98cd-69ba1807e405
  5. Photo tags

Photo tags: In a previous version of Microsoft photo gallery I tagged 31 gig worth of pictures using the provided face recognition technology. After restoring from a back up hard drive into a new computer, I can not find any of my tag info. Where is it? Why does it not display in...
  6. Photo Tagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Tagging: Tagging photo was a breeze in my now defunct Picasa. I Have Photoshop Elements but the photo Organizer is buggy as hell. My question is how I tag a photo or a group of phots in Microsoft Photos Windows 10. Thanks....
  7. File Explorer no longer lists out previously used tags in properties

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer no longer lists out previously used tags in properties: So my problem is that when typing into the tags field on File Explorer, it no longer opens a list of all tags that I could be typing. For example, if I wanted to add the tag "Male" to a picture I have, when typing the "M" it would already list out all tags I've used that...
  8. Tagging Photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tagging Photos: I have a lot of untagged photos on One Drive. Is there a way I can tag multiple photos at once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tagging-photos/35479a17-c720-4a4d-b523-f0fe2a96a375
  9. Arrow keys no longer work properly in Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Arrow keys no longer work properly in Photos: Hitting right arrow once will move to the next image in a folder, then stop responding. The left arrow will then work to move back to the previous image but no further. Clicking the onscreen arrows still works....
  10. Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags: I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. File Info no longer works on Photos