Windows 10: "The target "" of this Internet Shortcut is not valid." Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support "The target "" of this Internet Shortcut is not valid." Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've made a custom PC, been working fine. First time it crashed, had to reinstall windows after a lot of difficulty. After the re-installation, a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SidharthNair3, Jul 11, 2020.

1. "The target "" of this Internet Shortcut is not valid." Windows 10 Pro

I've made a custom PC, been working fine. First time it crashed, had to reinstall windows after a lot of difficulty. After the re-installation, a few days later, most of my applications' icons vanish. They look like white papers, with the top right folded. Some applications have the image of the Earth. While clicked on, it says the following:

The target "" of this Internet Shortcut is not valid. Go to the Internet Shortcut property sheet and make sure that the target is correct.

If I try to delete or move the files which are facing the issue, it says the following:

An unexpected error is keeping you from moving this file. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem.

Error 0x80070780: The file cannot be accessed by the system.

To currently use the affected applications, I'm using a work around of opening the file location or searching it up on the taskbar. This is extremely inconvienent, and I'm requesting anyone who's fixed this error to provide their method, or any other ways I could solve this issue.

Thank you.

:)

SidharthNair3, Jul 11, 2020
  2. pob786 Win User

The Target of this Internet Shortcut is not valid!

Hi,
    Just turned computer on, and upon starting found "File Explorer" icon in Taskbar to be "flashing" together with the error message..... The Target of this Internet Shortcut is not valid!
    I am using Mozilla Firefox as opposed to Internet Explorer, (IE being turned off).
    Anyone have any experience/information to resolve the problem
    Thank you and regards,
    John P.

pob786, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Where are my "Internet Shortcut Property Sheets" ?

Running Windows 10, using Internet Explorer.

For unknown reasons, today when I started-up the PC, and opened up IE, the favorites were
    not as they were the previous night.

Instead of being able to see the long list of Favorites.....I now see only ONE Favorites folder available. It lists 7 sites in that one folder. No other favorites are seen or accessible.

When I click on any of the 7 listed websites in that one folder, I get the following message:

"The target " " of this internet shortcut is not valid. Go to the internet shortcut property sheet and make sure the target is correct."

I need help to find the internet shortcut property sheet . Can someone give me some guidance ?

And what happened to make all my Favorites disappear, and the one listed as being not accessible. ?

Regards,

Gary

Gary_S_1943, Jul 11, 2020
  4. "The target "" of this Internet Shortcut is not valid." Windows 10 Pro

How to solve my apps in the internet shortcut

I've downloaded some games from steam and apps(not in Microsoft store).. but something went wrong after I was doing some extracting some files using bin files.. it says "the target ** of this internet shortcut is not valid. Go to the internet shortcut property
    sheet and make sure the target is correct"...

So, I've been wondering how to solve the 'target' to make it 'correct'... Any ideas?

AnissulHilmi, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

"The target "" of this Internet Shortcut is not valid." Windows 10 Pro

1. "The target "" of this Internet Shortcut is not valid." Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - target Internet Shortcut

2. Problem with Shortcut "Specfied in the target path is not Valid"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Shortcut "Specfied in the target path is not Valid": I need to copy a new shortcut to Users PC. I am trying to create the shortcut on my PC but I do not have the program installed. "Office 2016 Standard x86" . I have O365 installed.Windows will not let me create a shortcut to a path that does not exist.yes i could create on...
  3. Problem with Shortcut "Specfied in the target path is not Valid"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Shortcut "Specfied in the target path is not Valid": I need to copy a new shortcut to Users PC. I am trying to create the shortcut on my PC but I do not have the program installed. "Office 2016 Standard x86" . I have O365 installed.Windows will not let me create a shortcut to a path that does not exist.yes i could create on...
  4. Problem with Shortcut "Specfied in the target path is not Valid"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to edit the Target of a shortcut in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to edit the Target of a shortcut in windows 11: I am the administrator of my PC and I am trying to edit the Target in a created shortcut from Xbox Game Pass but the Target box is greyed out and cannot be edited. Is there a way to do this in windows 11?...
  6. How to edit the Target of a shortcut in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to edit the Target of a shortcut in windows 11: I am the administrator of my PC and I am trying to edit the Target in a created shortcut from Xbox Game Pass but the Target box is greyed out and cannot be edited. Is there a way to do this in windows 11?...
  7. Windows 7 to Windows 10 - shortcut target paths changed

Windows 7 to Windows 10 - shortcut target paths changed: I've transferred my "C:\Users\USER\Documents" folder from a Windows 7 PC to the exact same path on a Windows 10 PC. These files include shortcuts to other files or folders that are also within that "C:\Users\USER\Documents" folder. The problem is that on the new PC the...
  8. Use clipboard contents in shortcut target

Use clipboard contents in shortcut target: Hello, I need to have the part of the target in my shortcut change automatically with my clipboard contents. How could I achieve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-clipboard-contents-in-shortcut-target/5824a36f-5f83-48a6-aa5f-f559aa8487b2
  9. Finding the target file of a keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Finding the target file of a keyboard shortcut: Short version of my question: I'd like to change a keyboard shortcut that starts an app, but I've forgotten the location of the shortcut file that is targeted by the relevant keystrokes. How can I change the keyboard shortcut? Longer version of my question: I originally set...
  10. The Target of this Internet Shortcut is not valid!

in Browsers and Email
    The Target of this Internet Shortcut is not valid!: Hi, Just turned computer on, and upon starting found "File Explorer" icon in Taskbar to be "flashing" together with the error message..... The Target of this Internet Shortcut is not valid! I am using Mozilla Firefox as opposed to Internet Explorer, (IE being turned off)....