Windows 10: The task bar is not visible on my desktop.

Discus and support The task bar is not visible on my desktop. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The task bar is not visible on my desktop. I am unable to view any icons on the taskbar because it is positioned too low. How can I change that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hug Me TightChildlife, Oct 15, 2020.

1. The task bar is not visible on my desktop.

The task bar is not visible on my desktop. I am unable to view any icons on the taskbar because it is positioned too low. How can I change that?

:)

Hug Me TightChildlife, Oct 15, 2020

2. No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Spinning cursor on task bar for work desktop

Hello TaraKelley,

For us to better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the Start menu troubleshooter on this
    link. This troubleshooter automatically diagnose and repair common problem with Start menu.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 15, 2020
  4. The task bar is not visible on my desktop.

Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

The task bar is not visible on my desktop.

1. The task bar is not visible on my desktop. - Similar Threads - task bar visible

2. task bar icons visibility always reset after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task bar icons visibility always reset after restart: Some taskbar icon keep disappearing, Discord as example.If i set the icons in the taskbar to always show, they keep resetting at every reboot/update.it is annoying to always have to go in the settings and change it back to always show....
  3. task bar icons visibility always reset after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar icons visibility always reset after restart: Some taskbar icon keep disappearing, Discord as example.If i set the icons in the taskbar to always show, they keep resetting at every reboot/update.it is annoying to always have to go in the settings and change it back to always show....
  4. task bar icons visibility always reset after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. icon on task bar is not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icon on task bar is not visible: hiicon on taskbar is not visible windows 11please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-on-task-bar-is-not-visible/f428994e-12c4-4ad7-aff3-1de69058ca4a
  6. icon on task bar is not visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icon on task bar is not visible: hiicon on taskbar is not visible windows 11please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-on-task-bar-is-not-visible/f428994e-12c4-4ad7-aff3-1de69058ca4a
  7. disappearance of task bar and inaccessibility of desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    disappearance of task bar and inaccessibility of desktop: I am using windows 10 and it suddenly started to lag and taskbar disappeared and later the desktop became black with no response and right clicking or pressing start key in keyboard has no response also setting app would not open.In services search app had been suspended....
  8. disappearance of task bar and inaccessibility of desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disappearance of task bar and inaccessibility of desktop: I am using windows 10 and it suddenly started to lag and taskbar disappeared and later the desktop became black with no response and right clicking or pressing start key in keyboard has no response also setting app would not open.In services search app had been suspended....
  9. Pin from task bar to desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pin from task bar to desktop?: I had google chrome on pc (account 1) It appears on taskbar so I pinned it for convenience However, it doesn’t appear on the desktop(apps and all) the chrome on desktop is account 2 I want to pin account 1 google to desktop from taskbar TLDR, 2 chromes at the bottom, both...
  10. Program Open in Task Bar But not Visible on Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program Open in Task Bar But not Visible on Screen: I usually use more than one monitor, but am travelling with just my laptop now. My computer is acting like there is still another monitor, but no other monitors are detected in settings. When I open a program, it shows open in the task bar, but is not showing on my screen. I...