Windows 10: The task bar preview don't show titles

Discus and support The task bar preview don't show titles in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Not only was the feature to "Never combine" instances of the same app in the task bar removed, but to make it even harder to work, also the title seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TheJesper, Mar 21, 2023.

1. TheJesper Win User

The task bar preview don't show titles

Not only was the feature to "Never combine" instances of the same app in the task bar removed, but to make it even harder to work, also the title seems to have been removed?Is there a setting to get it to show? It is definitely showing on my work laptop and it is super hard to find the windows when it is not showing. Same goes for chrome, explorer, edge, powershell, terminal and so on...A normal workday for me, 8 projects running and hardly no way of finding the right window without clicking them through. The delayed hover title is not good enough.

:)

TheJesper, Mar 21, 2023
  2. doncole Win User

No text in IE 11 Windows Title Bar

No text in IE 11 Window Title Bar.

Clue: I find that if I hoover over e icon on the Taskbar the
    Title Bar Text shows up in the small preview of the IE Window.

Don Cole

doncole, Mar 21, 2023
  3. DJC
    djc Win User
    Title Bar wont change

Understand that default Title Bar in Windows 10 is white, However when I click on themes (which shows various title
    bar/window borders colors (or Shades) my Title Bar stays completely white. Can anyone understand my questions & have any suggestions?

4. Vwake123 Win User

No Task Bar (hovering) preview, no peeking, no full screen is on hovering over and clicking

When there is no window opened, hovering over taskbar app icons, a preview is shown, but on hovering over preview no full window is opened, and no peeking is done, and also clicking on that small preview, no window opened.

1. And whenever there is a window is opened then hovering over taskbar icons doesn't gives any preview of the window.
    2. But it still opens window, on just clicking on task bar icons ( i.e. working fine ).

And when two windows of any app is being opened and if minimized any of them then you can not maximise that minimized window...???

• And when both windows of same app is being minimized then hovering over task bar icon of that app still shows those two previews, but clicking on any preview doesn't provide anything, and thus it all means after minimizing those two window of that app you
      can not recover any of the window.
    Basically the problem is I'm not able to open window ( or make full ) from any task bar preview and the First (1.) one also of first paragraph.

Vwake123, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

1. The task bar preview don't show titles - Similar Threads - task bar preview

2. Title bar showing up in wrong language in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Title bar showing up in wrong language in Task Manager: As shown in this image, my system language is in French, everything shows up in French but the title bar shows up in English.Why is it happening and how can I fix it ?...
  3. Title bar showing up in wrong language in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Title bar showing up in wrong language in Task Manager: As shown in this image, my system language is in French, everything shows up in French but the title bar shows up in English.Why is it happening and how can I fix it ?...
  4. The task bar preview don't show titles

The task bar preview don't show titles: Not only was the feature to "Never combine" instances of the same app in the task bar removed, but to make it even harder to work, also the title seems to have been removed?Is there a setting to get it to show? It is definitely showing on my work laptop and it is super hard...
  5. title and task bar interference in games

in Windows 10 Customization
    title and task bar interference in games: Recently Ive become obsessed with playing the game Sea of Thieves, when one day, whenever I flicked my mouse up or down it would pull up the title bar or task bar respectively. this often caused my cursor to stop functioning for a brief amount of time in game, and often even...
  6. Title bar text not showing

Title bar text not showing: Hello, just a small problem but i didn't find a way to fix it: I don't have any "text" in my title bar anymore and i don't know what i've made to get this problem. It as been like this since at least 2 week. If i could get some help it would be nice. : [ATTACH]...
  7. Title bar and task bar color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Title bar and task bar color: [ATTACH] why is the title bar and the task bar not the exactly same color when set? the top bar always appears a little brighter than the start and action center it's the same with transparency effect, the button is always a little darker is it supposed to be this way?...
  8. Thumbnails in task bar don't show any more

Thumbnails in task bar don't show any more: So there must have been an update a couple months ago because since about August like half of the thumbnails on the task bar don't work. Like my calendar, calculator and a few other programs that I typically have down there. Anyone else having this problem or know of a...
  9. show color on title bar

show color on title bar: In build 14905 and the latest, 14915, the title bars are black and you can't colorize them. 62261
  10. Title bars not showing in modern apps?

Title bars not showing in modern apps?: This just started happening a day or two ago, but prior I could fullsize a modern app and if I wanted to resize/close it I would just drag my mouse to the top of the screen and the title bar would slide down, but now it's not doing that. Anyone know how to fix that? 17378