Windows 10: The task manager continuously shows more than 3 GB of ram consumption while using chrome.

Discus and support The task manager continuously shows more than 3 GB of ram consumption while using chrome. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am a writer and working currently writing freelance. My nature of the job requires me to use Google Chrome browser to use certain extensions and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JunaidKan, Jan 25, 2020.

1. JunaidKan Win User

The task manager continuously shows more than 3 GB of ram consumption while using chrome.

I am a writer and working currently writing freelance. My nature of the job requires me to use Google Chrome browser to use certain extensions and tools for my research, analysis, and writing. I am encountering this issue from few days that whenever I use my browser in normal and incognito modes, my operating system i.e. Windows 10 gets too slow and I have to wait for several minutes to close my browser, word documents and all other software to resume normal operation. The task manager continuously shows more than 3 GB of ram consumption while using chrome.

I have following system specs currently while using chrome:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
    System Model OptiPlex 3010
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3200 Mhz, 4 Cores, 4 Logical Processors
    BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A08, 12/7/2012
    SMBIOS Version 2.7
    Installed Physical Memory RAM 6.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 5.90 GB
    Available Physical Memory 1.32 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 11.9 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 5.77 GB

Your suggestions are required that how can I optimize my system as I have installed new and registered version of Windows 10 but the issue is persisting.

Regards

Jkanfrom

:)

JunaidKan, Jan 25, 2020

2. Ram on Task manager

The task manager continuously shows more than 3 GB of ram consumption while using chrome. 37453b15-0af4-4534-a5f6-2861615fdc71.png

1* - You have 2 RAM of 4GB

2* - Task Manager shows you have 8GB

3* - 3.8GB(in use) + 3.8GB(cached) + 0.624MB(Hardware Reserved) + 0.230MB(Pool) = 8GB(approx. more)

Note:

• 1GB = 1024MB
    • It seems you have more than 8GB RAM
    • You might be using any RAM Boost Software

Roharashraj™, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Google Chrome Crahses and suspended in task manager

Hi GSsswuw8,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer or browser prior to the issue?

This issue is because of profile data corruption on google chrome or because of cookies, extensions, plugins and History. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.

Method 1: Rename Google chrome file.

Before proceeding I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.

Step 1: Rename Chrome User Data file.

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome.
    3. Search for User data folder. Rename this folder to UserData.old
    4. Open the chrome now and check if it is working.

Note:
    The new user data folder will be created automatically, but
    new profile will not have any of your previous data in it. To access the data back, try signing out and signing in back to the application. Or you have to manually copy the data from old profile.

Step 2: Copy the previous data to New Profile.

I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.
    Then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\UserData.old\Default.
    3. Open a new tab and navigate to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. (Make sure this is the new user data folder)
    4. Now copy the file one by one, once the copy is done. In-between Reopen Chrome browser and check if there is issue same issue.
    5. If the issue reoccurs, then the culprit is one of the file copied above.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot on google chrome.

Note: The Uninstall and Reinstall option might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added, this will also clear the history, favorites, cookies and password. We recommend
    that you note these sites and settings before you use the Reset on chrome.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jan 25, 2020
  4. knute97 Win User

The task manager continuously shows more than 3 GB of ram consumption while using chrome.

Task Manager RAM Usage

My computer is running 64 bit Windows 10 with 6 GB of RAM.

I have been monitoring my memory usage via Task Manager and occasionally download tasklist via the cmd line.

What has been bothering me is that my RAM usage at reboot starts at 34%, and left alone, increases to ~75-80% without running any programs.
    (I do have start up programs including McAfee, Dropbox, Seagate console, gadgets, etc.)

When I analyze the tasklist download file via Excel, the total RAM memory usage is approximately 3.1 GB at 79%.
    Doing the math, this means there is only 4 GB in use?

I have 2 questions:

1. Does Task Manager list all the RAM usage or is there some background usage that is not shown.?

2. Is there any other way to monitor RAM leakage?

knute97, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

1. The task manager continuously shows more than 3 GB of ram consumption while using chrome. - Similar Threads - task manager continuously

2. 3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM: Why does my laptop just take 3 GB of ram out of nothing when i have 8 GB ram whats the issue??? My friend said that i could have someone mining bitcoin on my laptop...
  3. 3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM: Why does my laptop just take 3 GB of ram out of nothing when i have 8 GB ram whats the issue??? My friend said that i could have someone mining bitcoin on my laptop...
  4. task manager shows less ram than installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task manager shows less ram than installed: I'm using windows 10 . My installed ram is 4096showing in resource monitor. my task manager used to show 3.9gb ram. but after updating windows 10 updatefrom settings task manager is not showing 3.9gb its showing 2.7 gb. I again checked ResMon and it shows 4096mb installed....
  5. task manager shows less ram than installed

task manager shows less ram than installed: I'm using windows 10 . My installed ram is 4096showing in resource monitor. my task manager used to show 3.9gb ram. but after updating windows 10 updatefrom settings task manager is not showing 3.9gb its showing 2.7 gb. I again checked ResMon and it shows 4096mb installed....
  6. task manager shows less ram than installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Task manager showing less ram than available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager showing less ram than available: My laptop is a Huawei Matebook D15 and it has 16GB ram.when i open task manager it says Im using 20% 400mb of ram!??!available ram is 15.8GB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-showing-less-ram-than-available/6e4da0ad-095b-4b30-b003-b58808cb22ad
  8. Task manager showing less ram than available

Task manager showing less ram than available: My laptop is a Huawei Matebook D15 and it has 16GB ram.when i open task manager it says Im using 20% 400mb of ram!??!available ram is 15.8GB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-showing-less-ram-than-available/6e4da0ad-095b-4b30-b003-b58808cb22ad
  9. Task manager shows I'm using 7.6 gb of RAM, but in the user details, shows 1.5 RAM being used.

Task manager shows I'm using 7.6 gb of RAM, but in the user details, shows 1.5 RAM being used.: I recently noticed that my Laptop is getting slower, and I opened my Task Manager to check if is any problem or any abnormal percentage, without any videogame open my computer is using from 7 to 8 GB of RAM My computer has 12 GB, and I left 100mb to system so I've 11.9GB I...
  10. More than 6 GB of RAM of 16 GB missing

More than 6 GB of RAM of 16 GB missing: I have a fast W10 64bit 16GB RAM pc. Task Manager shows me around 900 MB used for Me as as user, no other user accounts on the pc, the list I can see also adds up to around that, "Everything" taking around 470 MB, Antimalware 140 MB, Windows Explorer 42 MB, etc., it quickly...