Windows 10: The taskbar does not response

Discus and support The taskbar does not response in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After update the newest version of Windows 10, my explorer is not working well. I could click on the taskbar like start menu, search box, network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nhoy Phát, Dec 5, 2023.

1. The taskbar does not response

After update the newest version of Windows 10, my explorer is not working well. I could click on the taskbar like start menu, search box, network button, speaker setting or calendar... but it seems not response. Please help my out.

:)

Nhoy Phát, Dec 5, 2023
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 5, 2023
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Dec 5, 2023
  4. The taskbar does not response

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

The taskbar does not response

1. The taskbar does not response - Similar Threads - taskbar does response

2. The taskbar does not response

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The taskbar does not response: After update the newest version of Windows 10, my explorer is not working well. I could click on the taskbar like start menu, search box, network button, speaker setting or calendar... but it seems not response. Please help my out....
  3. The taskbar does not response

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The taskbar does not response: After update the newest version of Windows 10, my explorer is not working well. I could click on the taskbar like start menu, search box, network button, speaker setting or calendar... but it seems not response. Please help my out....
  4. The taskbar icons don't response in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The taskbar icons don't response in Windows 11: Hello Everyone,,I have a problem after i installed the last update of windows 11 such the Icons in the edge of the taskbar like wifi icon , speaker icon ...don't response when i click a right click on it how can i fix this problem ?...
  5. The taskbar icons don't response in Windows 11

The taskbar icons don't response in Windows 11: Hello Everyone,,I have a problem after i installed the last update of windows 11 such the Icons in the edge of the taskbar like wifi icon , speaker icon ...don't response when i click a right click on it how can i fix this problem ?...
  6. Taskbar non-responsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar non-responsive.: Hello, The icons on my taskbar are not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-non-responsive/f4f5d46a-6335-40e1-9fc4-23e04a991850
  7. Taskbar non-responsive.

Taskbar non-responsive.: Hello, The icons on my taskbar are not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-non-responsive/f4f5d46a-6335-40e1-9fc4-23e04a991850
  8. Taskbar not responsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar not responsive: Hi, so I was starting my computer today, and I noticed that login takes longer than usual. After I was logged in, the Taskbar isn't responding, i.e. doesn't show icons. I restarted explorer.exe and it shows the icons but I can't click them. Also, Settings isn't opening but I...
  9. Some Taskbar Buttons are not Responsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some Taskbar Buttons are not Responsive: Hi, I got a brand new HP Envy laptop, and just after 3 weeks of occasional use June 11, 2021 some buttons on the Task Manager are not responding. Start, Search, Calendar, Power, WiFi, and Volume buttons are not responding, the rest of the buttons work. I tried everything I...
  10. Windows 10 Taskbar Not Responsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Taskbar Not Responsive: Hey all, just randomly last night my I left my PC idle for about 10 minutes (with a chrome window open ). To my surprise, my mouse was unresponsive when clicking on my taskbar I couldn't click any of the icons. Strangely enough I can click things on chrome perfectly fine....